Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If Levein ever decides to go(and trust me he won’t be sacked so it’ll be up to him when he goes) we all know jon Daly and Liam Fox will step in and get the job.

Trust you nah you you don't have a clue 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

I hear from a very good source that CL is going soon anyway with health concerns being cited as the reason. I have also stuck with him through thick and thin but we are just not credible as a top6 outfit any longer and change is required. Having said that I would not be surprised if we put in a strong performance against the green bigot on Wednesday.

39 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

We are underachieving but what’s new. We’ve been underachieving since I started going to Tynecastle 30 years ago.

Underacheiving for 55 years in my time supporting Hearts. This is not an excuse to continue this disgraceful trend.

29 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

He told me not to trust people with lots of posts on here because they're all built into the system. then whispered " they don't really have a life"

You've never spoken to him, he would have told you that half my posts were done in 6 months a few years back on the "where is this" thread.

A quick look also shows I have an average of 1,489 posts per year or 124 per month.

You on the other hand have spouted negative pish for only 7 months at an average of 175 per month.

And I'm the one who needs to get a life?  :rofl: 

Of course this assumes you are not a previously banned poster returned under a different name.

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
3 minutes ago, 23851 said:

I hear from a very good source that CL is going soon anyway with health concerns being cited as the reason. I have also stuck with him through thick and thin but we are just not credible as a top6 outfit any longer and change is required. Having said that I would not be surprised if we put in a strong performance against the green bigot on Wednesday.

Retiring at end of season was the rumour doing the Gorgie suite a few weeks ago

48 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If Levein ever decides to go(and trust me he won’t be sacked so it’ll be up to him when he goes) we all know jon Daly and Liam Fox will step in and get the job.

and Nanny McPhee...

vlad on the tyne

We won't win anything with Levien as manager. Very predictable outlook and far too cautious/negative tactics. I thank Craig for his efforts in bringing this club back from the brink. Now is the time for fresh ideas as this club should be doing better. 

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

I want Craig Levein to resign as manager but looking to the future 

when ann budge steps aside I think Craig Levein would make

an excellent chief executive at hearts what are other folks

views on this

No 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

I want Craig Levein to resign as manager but looking to the future 

when ann budge steps aside I think Craig Levein would make

an excellent chief executive at hearts what are other folks

views on this

When Levein goes as manager (in the summer I hope), he needs to go from the club. No offence to him but it can be a healthy situation with him in the background. We need a bit of a fresh start and a fresh outlook.

1 hour ago, feedtheroman2 said:

At the end of the day, I think Levein will get to the end of the season. There is 11 games left and it will just be a case of seeing it out from here.

I also believe he will resign due to his health. At the end of the day, your health and family come first and I think he's had his time in management.

Questions have to be asked about the rest of the coaching staff. Austin Mcphee for example. What does he actually do? None of them fill me with any confidence and certainly wouldn't motivate me if things were going badly.

Austin McPhee and the other coaching should just go aswell the decline

is never going to end with them at the club

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Morgan you are so wide of the mark am a Hearts fan always have been always will be. I resent getting called a Hibs tit, your the tit BB.

:orly?:

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Levein will pack in on health grounds at the end of the season!

Hopefully.

Dont wish him I’ll health but I am just absolutely sick of him.

Its time for a change and to freshen things up.

rudi must stay

Don't think he's going anywhere. Sorry folks, he looks a man very comfortable in his role. What annoys me the most about him is he continues to blame the players. He finished that game with 2 centre backs, having subbed probably our best one for a striker. He got it wrong, take responsibility. Also the crosses in, that was food and drink for St Midden. 

I agree totally that he is past his sell by date if you want to win trophies. After being top he has f'ed things up IMO

We blamed our poor results on the absence of Berra, Soutar, Uche and Naismith........what do we now blame our recent piss poor performances on????

Scrolled down to the bottom of this thread to find it's descended into personal insults and mathematical equations. 

Can we just cut the shite?

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Hopefully.

Dont wish him I’ll health but I am just absolutely sick of him.

Its time for a change and to freshen things up.

This.

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

We worked on fancy freekicks that come off once in a blue moon. 

Short corners are a waste. We've got some big lads waiting to head the ball. Today we scored two headers, one for us and one for them...!!

A Chief exec needs to have business acumen. Levein is a qualified football manager, whilst there is an obvious place for him in the club on the board, its not as CEO. You want someone qualified that can continue the good work Ann has started. Year on Year our turnover has increased and giving the role to Levein would reek of a lack of ambition and jobs for the boys. We're a multi-million pound enterprise, we'll have tons of applicants when Ann decides to step down and I would hope we would look externally to try and find that person. Fresh ideas should always be welcomed and looked at seriously.

Devils advocate, Managers need time to put together squads. The summer was Leveins first chance to begin building the squad. This summer he gets to add to that. Naismith, Uche, Souttar and Haring are all here because of him. We do have the nucleus of a good squad and we had a very solid start. Football is as much psychology as it is tactics and when you've had such a bad run it can be very challenging to change that course.

I'm as frustrated (verging on apathy) as anyone. It feels like another season wasted already, despite such a promising start. The players don't appear to be clinical enough to see out games and we're dropping scrappy points to teams we should really be hammering. Watching that interview with Mark Warburton really made me think about the time we give to managers. I don't want to be in Cathro 2.0 mode where we have a talented enough group but the new guy comes in and bins everyone and starts again (Kitchen for example was decent but Cathro didn't fancy ended up having no dig in midfield as a result). We cannot afford a squad rebuild top to bottom every 12 months. Its farcical. Lets go for consistency and continuity to see where that takes us. If after next season there is no tangible change then its worth assessing Leveins position. 

I am sick of this season though. 

2 hours ago, 23851 said:

How reliable is your source?

We have a couple of good results and you think we've turned the corner then we have two sheeite results v mwell and st mirren. Craig levein isn't the guy to take us forward.

We will prob beat Celtic on Wednesday, then lose our next two games! So inconsistent.

Stevie Clarke would be the perfect appointment for me. 

4 hours ago, The Bookkeeper said:

We've taken 8pts from 18 and scored 7 goals in the 6 games since the break against Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell and  St Mirren, 5 of whom are in the bottom 6. Its a shameful record for a club with significantly greater resources and a far bigger fanbase than any of them.

One man and one man alone is to blame for the shitshow we are witnessing week in and week out. He and his clueless band of coaches should be clearing their desks.

These stats along with 33 goals from 27 games this season are truly awful and actually condemning. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

That would be completely unacceptable. Promoting from within a failing system - it really would tell you that the structure is more important than the success of the structure.

We’re a professional football club in a ruthless industry and we have to face facts:

1) we’re not a force of any sort in the SPL.

2) our recruitment has been raising big questions for a long time, and that’s another area where serious change is needed.

3) the demoralised infighting on here is, I reckon, a good indicator of how frustrated this set up is making us. Budge needs to start showing that results actually matter.

2 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

At the end of the day, I think Levein will get to the end of the season. There is 11 games left and it will just be a case of seeing it out from here.

I also believe he will resign due to his health. At the end of the day, your health and family come first and I think he's had his time in management.

Questions have to be asked about the rest of the coaching staff. Austin Mcphee for example. What does he actually do? None of them fill me with any confidence and certainly wouldn't motivate me if things were going badly.

The set plays have distinctly improved of late (today's didn't go right). McPhee is apparently behind that. Otherwise, I don't know.

2 hours ago, 23851 said:

A first post. How good is the source? How does he/she know?

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

A first post. How good is the source? How does he/she know?

Names a number, add them all up - 19

No reason to doubt him

A few people have mentioned that craig will be replaced by Jon Daly or Austin mcphee. As a fan owned club, the majority wouldn't want that so it shouldn't happen.

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

A few people have mentioned that craig will be replaced by Jon Daly or Austin mcphee. As a fan owned club, the majority wouldn't want that so it shouldn't happen.

Democracy doesn't work. Have you seen the world recently?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

The set plays have distinctly improved of late (today's didn't go right). McPhee is apparently behind that. Otherwise, I don't know.

McPhee was part of the hopeless Cathro reign. He’s now part of a highly depressing Levein reign. There is no reason whatsoever for keeping him.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee was part of the hopeless Cathro reign. He’s now part of a highly depressing Levein reign. There is no reason whatsoever for keeping him.

Unbelievable that fans think he will change anything. Steeped in the mediocrity of his boss. A complete clear out is required.

iwasthere1954
7 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

I again chose not to use my season tickets today...not because I choose to do anything else, simply because I cant obide the displays we now offer and have done over 2-3 years...I dont expect to win every game...I consider myself very objective and calm with my attitude and expectation with Hearts...all I want is to watch a Hearts team that reflects the desire, passion, intent & motivation of our fans and that is alien to our staff and players....I will prob (as always) financially back the club but quite frankly its not good for my well being going to games under this regime... ? that should set alarm bells going for Miss B when folk like me cant stomach to turn up.....

I feel the same and Iv'e been going for over 65 years. It's just murder to watch.

Bazzas right boot

I have a solution. 

Get Lennon on board. 

Keep CL. 

Seen a documentary about an office where Co managers worked really well. 

picture-1png-22e9e5edb87d2773_large.png

7 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

I again chose not to use my season tickets today...not because I choose to do anything else, simply because I cant obide the displays we now offer and have done over 2-3 years...I dont expect to win every game...I consider myself very objective and calm with my attitude and expectation with Hearts...all I want is to watch a Hearts team that reflects the desire, passion, intent & motivation of our fans and that is alien to our staff and players....I will prob (as always) financially back the club but quite frankly its not good for my well being going to games under this regime... ? that should set alarm bells going for Miss B when folk like me cant stomach to turn up.....

I've went to the games regularly over the last 30 years and had a season ticket for 10 years in a row but decided not to get one 2 years ago and not missed it. Pretty much every game I go to now I say "thank God I didn't renew my season ticket!"

So you're not the only one having those thoughts. We need a change of direction and a return to more entertaining football, before more fans drift away. 

He’s nowher near being a decent manager now. And his back room staff are also culpable. 

Celtic will hammer us I fear. I know, that’s the spirit and all that but it’s true

The Bookkeeper
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

These stats along with 33 goals from 27 games this season are truly awful and actually condemning. 

Yep.

10 goals in our last 10 league games.

Since we beat Dundee 3-0 in mid October we've had 17 league games and managed this utterly abysmal return. 

0 goals x 7 

1 goal x 6

2 goals x 4 

The overall SPL season is:

0 goals x 8

1 goal x 10

2 goals x 6

3 goals x 1

4 goals x 2

So in 27 SPL games (and its a very poor SPL) we've only managed to score 2 or more goals in 9 of them. Its just a total joke at this stage that anyone could think this manager has a clue what he is doing. 18 games we've played and haven't managed more than 1 goal. Pathetic.

Just have to pray the rumours of him retiring to Spain are true. Adios amigo.

Edited by The Bookkeeper

The man is a perennial loser. Almost 30 years at our club and not a single medal. 

That’s less success for us than Mark Rodgers, Denis Prychyenko, Scott Robinson and Steve Banks. 

Yet some creeps on here will still defend him to the hilt because he slags off the vermin at every opportunity. 

Has to go, AB needs to show the courage to ensure we start to move forward on the pitch, first step is getting in a decent manager and back room staff. Our squad in general isn’t good enough ( been saying it all season, to much mediocre crap , no real attacking threat). 

He’s a bit of an enigma. He’s very knowledgeable about the game and yet he can’t get a plan together to win games we should be winning.  Very odd. And a lot of the players he has signed are baffling. It does seem like he has ulterior motives. I think this will be his last job as manager. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

No they won’t, the place would be empty. Budge and Levein don’t seem to grasp this though.

6 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I quite enjoy this place after a shite game/result .

So you enjoy it all the time then.

2 hours ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Yep.

10 goals in our last 10 league games.

Since we beat Dundee 3-0 in mid October we've had 17 league games and managed this utterly abysmal return. 

0 goals x 7 

1 goal x 6

2 goals x 4 

The overall SPL season is:

0 goals x 8

1 goal x 10

2 goals x 6

3 goals x 1

4 goals x 2

So in 27 SPL games (and its a very poor SPL) we've only managed to score 2 or more goals in 9 of them. Its just a total joke at this stage that anyone could think this manager has a clue what he is doing. 18 games we've played and haven't managed more than 1 goal. Pathetic.

Just have to pray the rumours of him retiring to Spain are true. Adios amigo.

3 league games v Livingston and 0 goals

Failed to beat a team 12th in the league 4 times.

Livingston 5 Hearts 0

Celtic 5 Hearts 0

Rangers bitches.....yet again

Poor discipline.....yet again

Utterly dreadful signings......yet again

Dire football

The administration **** up in the league cup group stages

Thinking it was a good idea to bring Amankwaa on for Naismith

We have lost to almost every SPL team this season

No balance......yet again

No players improving

Vanacek

4 hours ago, OTT said:

A Chief exec needs to have business acumen. Levein is a qualified football manager, whilst there is an obvious place for him in the club on the board, its not as CEO. You want someone qualified that can continue the good work Ann has started. Year on Year our turnover has increased and giving the role to Levein would reek of a lack of ambition and jobs for the boys. We're a multi-million pound enterprise, we'll have tons of applicants when Ann decides to step down and I would hope we would look externally to try and find that person. Fresh ideas should always be welcomed and looked at seriously.

Devils advocate, Managers need time to put together squads. The summer was Leveins first chance to begin building the squad. This summer he gets to add to that. Naismith, Uche, Souttar and Haring are all here because of him. We do have the nucleus of a good squad and we had a very solid start. Football is as much psychology as it is tactics and when you've had such a bad run it can be very challenging to change that course.

I'm as frustrated (verging on apathy) as anyone. It feels like another season wasted already, despite such a promising start. The players don't appear to be clinical enough to see out games and we're dropping scrappy points to teams we should really be hammering. Watching that interview with Mark Warburton really made me think about the time we give to managers. I don't want to be in Cathro 2.0 mode where we have a talented enough group but the new guy comes in and bins everyone and starts again (Kitchen for example was decent but Cathro didn't fancy ended up having no dig in midfield as a result). We cannot afford a squad rebuild top to bottom every 12 months. Its farcical. Lets go for consistency and continuity to see where that takes us. If after next season there is no tangible change then its worth assessing Leveins position. 

I am sick of this season though. 

Apathy is taking its toll on me as well.  Just had 4 days away in a fabulous resort called Wanaka.  Another abject display from Hearts was the only downside but I honestly didnt care.

Fully expected it.

I can barely remember in 50 years of following Hearts such a ponderous and slow build up. We need players who can actually beat a defender and cross the ball at pace, that's not to mention the goalkeeping situation which has to be rectified. 

The massive improvement after the injured players returning has not materialised and we seem to be regressing in terms of results and performances.

I would like someone to ask Ann Budge to confirm that Craig Levein is an employee like any other and if he doesn't succeed, he'll be removed from his position. There is a feeling among the fans that he has a job for life and it doesn't matter how badly he does because he's untouchable.

That needs addressed by her and it needs addressed quickly.

It looks like the one player that we rely absolutely on is going to leave at the end of the season and to have built a team so absolutely on him is just insane. Levein has until the end of the season and it's now looking like a miracle in the cup aside, he should go.

He's had the last two transfer windows to address the lack of decent wide players, lack of a decent left back and the lack of creativity in the team and we're still seeing the same problems.

I feel gutted at how injuries wrecked our season and those were not his fault but look at how rudderless, unmotivated and clueless we look. Enough is enough.

Now our hopes are entirely pinned on the Scottish Cup. Unless we shock everyone there or we put together a run of league wins then Levein must go. Not to DoF or any other bullshit, hanging around in the background type of role. Gone, from the club and someone with new ideas brought in.

8 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How reliable is your source?

I heard this also - going to live in Spain.

I didn’t believe it when I heard it and still sceptical tbh

20 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I heard this also - going to live in Spain.

I didn’t believe it when I heard it and still sceptical tbh

Let’s get a whip around 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic