Time for a breakaway league!

eduardo.j

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It's one and the same thing as far as I am concerned. The OF are the governing body.  The GFA are just puppets appointed to support the cartel.

That’s why they need to be ****ed off and an Independent Governing body brought to replace them and bring the OF into line. The Scots Gov would probably have to step in and say enough is enough. Move the headquarters out of Glasgow and make them accountable. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eduardo.j

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

People forget ( or weren’t there ? ) but the reason we moved to a ten team league was because an 18 team league was boring as feck due to too many meaningless games. There is no magic number. 

3 is the magic number. Well so I hear.

Personally, 16 is the best size of Top league. 24 for the Second Division.

20 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

Sevco are english and septic are plastic oirish.  Neither belong in Scotland.  We had the chance to destroy them with the 10 team breakaway before the SPL was formed but we were betrayed as ever and our enemies now run every aspect of our footballing lives.

Strange to see a real Hearts fan take their side though....

English was a good player but to claim Rangers are a one-man team, and that he's that man, 52 years after his death, is really going some.

Btw I'm not talking about a scenario where the old firm join England but a situation where they have no league to play in because everyone else left.

12 minutes ago, eduardo.j said:

Btw I'm not talking about a scenario where the old firm join England but a situation where they have no league to play in because everyone else left.

They could just play each other over and over again in a league of two.

scott herbertson

I don't think we could do it without their consent - UEFA would block the formation of any new league  I am sure (or at least prevent us from taking part in UEFA competitions.

I've mulled this over for about 30 years. The only solution I could see is for Hearts to apply to join the English league structure. I suggested this on the original version of this site, and got pelters for it. I don't even like the idea myself, as someone who believes in an independent Scotland it makes no sense. But it would make business sense and I believe we would eventually become Scotland's biggest team if we took tat route.

Not going to happen though.

The following would be my agenda

1          Something which IS practical and I believe we should take on is to campaign for a change in the SPFL rules so a majority - let's say 8 of the 12, can make constitutional changes. If rangers and Celtic blocked              this then they would be shown for the monopolistic vested interest cabal that they are. Blocking could be legally challenged I would guess, as it could be seen to be preserving unfair financial constraints.

2          Next create a fairer distribution of TV and league placing money - wouldn't benefit us particularly but would benefit the smaller clubs and begin the process of change. Then opt for spending caps on player                  purchases/ salaries etc etc

3          Also remove any national insignia from grounds other than flags flying on the stadiums themselves. it's about football, not politics or religion.

It would take persistence in the face of the media, the establishment and the other vested interests.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

I don't think we could do it without their consent - UEFA would block the formation of any new league  I am sure (or at least prevent us from taking part in UEFA competitions.

I've mulled this over for about 30 years. The only solution I could see is for Hearts to apply to join the English league structure. I suggested this on the original version of this site, and got pelters for it. I don't even like the idea myself, as someone who believes in an independent Scotland it makes no sense. But it would make business sense and I believe we would eventually become Scotland's biggest team if we took tat route.

Not going to happen though.

The following would be my agenda

1          Something which IS practical and I believe we should take on is to campaign for a change in the SPFL rules so a majority - let's say 8 of the 12, can make constitutional changes. If rangers and Celtic blocked              this then they would be shown for the monopolistic vested interest cabal that they are. Blocking could be legally challenged I would guess, as it could be seen to be preserving unfair financial constraints.

2          Next create a fairer distribution of TV and league placing money - wouldn't benefit us particularly but would benefit the smaller clubs and begin the process of change. Then opt for spending caps on player                  purchases/ salaries etc etc

3          Also remove any national insignia from grounds other than flags flying on the stadiums themselves. it's about football, not politics or religion.

It would take persistence in the face of the media, the establishment and the other vested interests.

I agree with your points and i do feel that it would even things out, as for uefa well I've already said that playing in Europe is a pointless exercise for most Scottish clubs and in a few years time the chance of a glamour tie will be gone anyway.

If the Euro elite get their way we soon won't have European football at all.I hope every fan in every country tells these bigger clubs to get to ****.Too many of the bigger clubs owned by Arabs or Americans who just want self preservation and a closed shop.