Alesha Macphail Murder

Matthew Le Tissier

7 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I'd imagine the parents will still maintain contact with their son but whatever love they had for him will be greatly diminished. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were my son. 

According to news the parents have split over it. And the mother has visited him a few times.

Hopefully they split because he’s annoyed that she’s been to visit him or some other reason and not because he’s pissed she phoned the police. 

Friend of mine who lived in Bute says it's been used by the Council as a dumping ground for social misfits (and worse) for sometime now

Brighton Jambo

It’s crimes like this that convince me we should bring back the death penalty.  Assuming he is locked up for life, even for a minimal of 30/40 years the cost will be astronomical.  For what purpose, he will be completely institutionalised when he comes out and clearly is a very deranged and depraved individual.  Hang him and we all move on.  

On 22/02/2019 at 17:07, Cade said:

Seems to be Ned Heaven.

Drugs, booze, violence and casual sex rife in the youth community.

Sounds no different to Edinburgh when I was teenage a decade ago. Don't think this incident tells us much about Bute really, sick people live allover. 

Jambo, Goodbye
12 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s crimes like this that convince me we should bring back the death penalty.  Assuming he is locked up for life, even for a minimal of 30/40 years the cost will be astronomical.  For what purpose, he will be completely institutionalised when he comes out and clearly is a very deranged and depraved individual.  Hang him and we all move on.  

Going by studies conducted in California, the idea that the death penalty is cheaper is a complete myth. In fact it was found to cost up to 18 times as much as a life sentence without parole (which is a sentence to die in prison anyway). 

I'm content with him to rot in a cell. Not the easy way out. 

7 hours ago, Darren said:

I find people advocating prison vigilantism deeply unsettling.

If folk are in favour of vigilantism, they should have the balls to do it themselves.

Prison for themselves, more taxpayers money wasted looking after them and trying to re-educate them, ruining their own families lives, probably leading to more benefit payouts as their own family can't cope financially.

• 4 weeks later...

Admitting now, hoping for a shorter sentence. An obvious ploy by the ****'s lawyer, that hopefully the judge will ignore.

Edited by Lemongrab

The judge said he may never be released.    Some talk now that he may well be towards the extreme end of psychopathy and highly unlikely to respond to rehabilitation.     Too late for that wee girl and her family but thankfully he's been caught early and wont be repeating his evil.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Seeing a lot of comments online where people do not believe he'll make it to the end of his sentence

I guess it depends if he ends up in general population.  I strongly doubt that will be allowed.

He wont be in the general population.    He's a paedophile as well as a murderer.    It sounds like he'll go to the state psyciatric hospital.     

Anyway,    his calculating mind has got a hell of a lot of racing to do in his decades of solitude.     What a shame.

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He wont be in the general population.    He's a paedophile as well as a murderer.    It sounds like he'll go to the state psyciatric hospital.     

Anyway,    his calculating mind has got a hell of a lot of racing to do in his decades of solitude.     What a shame.

Don't think he'll go to the State Hospital. The report said he wasn't mentally ill and knew what he was doing. The BBC also reported that he told the psychologist that there were times during the trial he had to try and not laugh. Evil *******. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Don't think he'll go to the State Hospital. The report said he wasn't mentally ill and knew what he was doing. The BBC also reported that he told the psychologist that there were times during the trial he had to try and not laugh. Evil *******. 

The psychologists are saying he has clear indicators of being a psychopath.     I would have thought he would be considered for the state hospital.    

Psychopath?     Insane?     Evil?      The borders are blurred.       

AlphonseCapone
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The psychologists are saying he has clear indicators of being a psychopath.     I would have thought he would be considered for the state hospital.    

Psychopath?     Insane?     Evil?      The borders are blurred.       

I don't actually think scoring high on the psychopathy index alone will put someone in the State Hospital when he's been judged to have been of sound mind when commiting the crime. I might be wrong.

There's no treatment for psychopathy so I don't think he should be in the State Hospital.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't actually think scoring high on the psychopathy index alone will put someone in the State Hospital when he's been judged to have been of sound mind when commiting the crime. I might be wrong.

There's no treatment for psychopathy so I don't think he should be in the State Hospital.

You may be quite correct.    Low on the scale can respond to rehabilitation though.     

• 5 months later...
luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Sentence reduced by three years due to his age. 

I don't think this is the last we will see of this wee scumbag. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49638211

Reduced by three years🤷🏼‍♂️ still might not get out ever though. Here is hoping he rots in there for the rest of his days.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So basically his minimum sentence has been reduced from 27 to 24 years.

But there is no guarantee he will ever be released. 

Correct.

That is the minimum time he will serve before being considered for parole.

John mcCartney

hearing that piece of shit`s reduction on radio news today made me fecking fume.
Only saving grace is the above info on it being for consideration of parole....he shows no sign of remorse .....that magnifies the incredulity on behalf of those judiciary imposters and the krunt himself...

50 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

hearing that piece of shit`s reduction on radio news today made me fecking fume.
Only saving grace is the above info on it being for consideration of parole....he shows no sign of remorse .....that magnifies the incredulity on behalf of those judiciary imposters and the krunt himself...

Won't help him get out any quicker based on his lack of remorse shown to date. 

55 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

It might just be down to a legal technicality because the original judge saying he would've been given a longer sentence due to his age.  Cutting three years off probably shuts him and his legal team up so he can't waist tax payers money appealing again.  He's going nowhere for the rest of his life. 

Don't worry about the evil little shite seeing the outside again.  

The little arse rash hasn't shown a shred of remorse. All he's done is whine about the length of his sentence and his age.

No way in hell is he getting parole in 24 years.

15 hours ago, gjcc said:

Hopefully if he’s ever released it is without a new identity and no state assistance. 

Of course he would get a new identity.

I know of someone who is in witness protection, living under a false identity, where they stay, and they have committed the most heinous of crimes. I should say I only know this information because my missus (who isn’t meant to tell me anything), is a Criminologist and works with these sick fecks. 🤮

This wee sicko Campbell, If he is ever released, will be closely monitored for the rest of his existence, with a new identity, probably somewhere in England such is his notoriety here. 

Personally hope he never gets out because he clearly has Serial Killer tendencies. If he does though, I don’t think he will serve less than 35 years.