Alesha Macphail Murder

Matthew Le Tissier

Utterly disgusting case. I fear that some pretty horrible revelations may come out, although none compare with the actual crime itself, which the little ***** is clearly guilty of. 

His name is all over twitter. He’s got his own YouTube page and posted a couple of strange videos playing on his trampoline.

Hope the wee murdering nonce is dealt with in prison.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Genuine question, what good comes of naming him?

The law is that you can't be named until you're 18, now in this case, he's going to be behind bars way beyond his 18th but if you set a precedent that u-18s can be named then what about those that have been convicted of a much lesser crime at say, aged 15, but they're named and as such, their whole life could be impacted rather than give them an opportunity to be rehabilitated and try and lead a more 'beneficial to society' life. 

Note - this case itself is horrific and i'm delighted he's been found guilty. There was a recent piece in the news where a girl had murdered an 18 year old but at the time of her crime and conviction she was u-18, she was recently named as she has reached 18.  How does naming this murdered now instead of in 18 months or so serve the public interest?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Genuine question, what good comes of naming him?

The law is that you can't be named until you're 18, now in this case, he's going to be behind bars way beyond his 18th but if you set a precedent that u-18s can be named then what about those that have been convicted of a much lesser crime at say, aged 15, but they're named and as such, their whole life could be impacted rather than give them an opportunity to be rehabilitated and try and lead a more 'beneficial to society' life. 

Note - this case itself is horrific and i'm delighted he's been found guilty. There was a recent piece in the news where a girl had murdered an 18 year old but at the time of her crime and conviction she was u-18, she was recently named as she has reached 18.  How does naming this murdered now instead of in 18 months or so serve the public interest?

Very much doubt you can rehabilitate someone who choses to rape and murder children. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Very much doubt you can rehabilitate someone who choses to rape and murder children. 

You misunderstand me, i'm talking about lesser crimes, not this particular guy, who can stay in jail his entire life as far as i'm concerned.

Not many of us were perfect teenagers and i suspect most of us did something that was against the law at some point - minor in most cases.  However, what if a teenager makes one mistake and they're tried for it, found guilty, sent away for a year or so and in that time have the opportunity to learn how to be a more valuable member of society yet upon their release, find that they can't get anywhere because there name is all over the place and while they've served their time, they are forever colored by their one mistake.  The point i'm making is that if the case law is changed, it might lead to a change across the board.  It's not about this particular case. 

Question still stands though, what good comes from naming this guy now as opposed to when he's 18 (and will still be behind bars for most, if not all his life).

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Name and shame the wee *****. 

Shame? Unsure if naming him will have any effect on the *****. It would obviously satisfy a lot of public curiosity, though. 

3 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

As the trial went on it exposed more than just this murderer. 

Yes there is certainly more underlying in this case but he was clearly guilty and will not see freedom for a very long time.

haveyouheard 22

I couldnt bring myself to read about it, just a horror story.. poor lassie

Glad he's been found guilty  

He should never be released, ever, awful stuff from the ^^^^

Салатные палочки

I can't read about it. I am interested in murder cases but I just can't bring myself to read about this one. Just horrible. I seen a video she did for YouTube on the news earlier. Just an innocent wee girl making videos of nothing in particular like loads of wee kids do these days like their YouTube idols. It's just bloody heart breaking. 

I seen a picture of the lad that did it last summer as a guy I knew had lived on Rothsey and knew him. I had no interest in seeing him then and I have no interest in seeing him now. All I want to know is that he's locked up for a long time and will suffer for his sick actions. 

Naming him is in the public interest. 

While in some respects it doesn't matter. It won't bring the poor girl back or help her family. But it exposes him to the full public knowledge of what he has done. No hiding place. And there can be discussion about him, his background and family. It's just all in the open. Which it should be. 

3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

And why should we.

That crime deserves death.

Not a deterrent.

A reflection of the monstrosity of the crime.

It's called justice

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

Naming him could put his family in danger, despite that family providing evidence that helped to convict him.

From who?

The local community already know.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

This trial has exposed the Isle of Bute as like something out of The Wicker Man.

A seriously fecked up place.

Genuine question. I’ve been following it via mainstream media and haven’t heard anything to support that view, what have I missed? 

Stress I am not having a pop, just wondering what I had missed?

12 minutes ago, jake said:

From who?

The local community already know.

Idiots and arseholes. Loads about unfortunately. I include the media in that.

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Crete said:

What the parents of Alesha are going through is heartbreaking my thoughts are with all her family.

This.

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Hopefully some of  the residents of the big hoose will voice thier opinion with there fists with this evil .

The orcs from Ibrox? 

Not trying to make a political point and some might disagree but I think it is shocking how little coverage the verdict has had in TV and papers down south. There are some papers who don't even have it on their front page... Compare it to other and equally shocking cases. I do think there is a 'class' divide on this sort of thing as well as a north/south one. 

The boy that did this should never be released from the highest cat of prison in Scotland. He should die in jail,. Hopefully at the age of , at least 116.

4 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Not trying to make a political point and some might disagree but I think it is shocking how little coverage the verdict has had in TV and papers down south. There are some papers who don't even have it on their front page... Compare it to other and equally shocking cases. I do think there is a 'class' divide on this sort of thing as well as a north/south one. 

Totally agree, the coverage down here has been minimal. But in a way , I'm quite glad. the details are too horrific. 

4 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Nah, it was the lead story on the BBC News last night. It's currently on the front pages of the websites of The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, The Independent, The Sun, The Mirror and the BBC.

See also Shannon Matthews (when she was still believed missing) and April Jones.

Edited by Gorgiewave

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The boy that did this should never be released from the highest cat of prison in Scotland. He should die in jail,. Hopefully at the age of , at least 116.

Exactly it will take a brave person to release someone like that in the future 

47 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Exactly it will take a brave person to release someone like that in the future 

He should have his baws clipped as well. Live the rest of his time as a feckin eunuch.  

2 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Nah, it was the lead story on the BBC News last night. It's currently on the front pages of the websites of The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, The Independent, The Sun, The Mirror and the BBC.

See also Shannon Matthews (when she was still believed missing) and April Jones.

Fair enough. As someone said, the details are horrific

18 hours ago, Cade said:

This trial has exposed the Isle of Bute as like something out of The Wicker Man.

A seriously fecked up place.

Did not realise this about Bute as I've never been. Can you elaborate? What is so f'd up about it? 

22 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Did not realise this about Bute as I've never been. Can you elaborate? What is so f'd up about it? 

Seems to be Ned Heaven.

Drugs, booze, violence and casual sex rife in the youth community.

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Seems to be Ned Heaven.

Drugs, booze, violence and casual sex rife in the youth community.

Like all of Scotland then.

Hopefully this wee ***** has his door unlocked every night for the majority of his sentence, which will hopefully be the rest of his life.

On 21/02/2019 at 23:28, Crete said:

What the parents of Alesha are going through is heartbreaking my thoughts are with all her family.

Spot on.

Although obviously not comparable it isn't going to be easy for the perpetrator's family either. They provided some of the evidence that led to him being arrested and locked up so I would assume they want nothing to do with him.

William H. Bonney
56 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Spot on.

Although obviously not comparable it isn't going to be easy for the perpetrator's family either. They provided some of the evidence that led to him being arrested and locked up so I would assume they want nothing to do with him.

I'd imagine the parents will still maintain contact with their son but whatever love they had for him will be greatly diminished. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were my son.