Steve Clarke Rant

Maroon Sailor

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why not take the manager of another sides clubs comments in isolation then the same as we would do if it was Levein being peltered with abuse and then came out and spoke about being called orange Fenian Jew whatever.  It would be called for what it is, ****ing disgusting and he would be hailed for speaking out against it.  When it’s Clarke though “

I have stated many times on here, in public, to my mates, to family, to colleagues and virtually everyone else I’ve ever spoken to about Scottish football, that I can’t stand the sectarian bigotry in the game, be it from Celtic or Rangers fans, or from the idiots in the Hearts support.

The poster I was replying to was claiming that Rangers are worse than every other club. They are no worse than Celtic however.

I have already stated that whoever called him that is scum. I’m not going to sit here and nod along though, when someone makes out that Celtic are any better. They are also scum.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• Jamhammer

• Maroon Sailor

7 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Not my words buddy, her words. 

I'm not seeing much difference legally. Only difference seems to be Slippy didn't have Snapchat. Unless I'm missing something? 

Sure they dated and the lassie hasn’t got anything bad at all about Gerrard, a teen himself at the time and took her to meet family etc and lasted a couple of months.

Johnson prowled on a kid who idolised him mid to late twenties.  And had sexual contact with her. Massive massive difference. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Inhabe stayed many times on here, in public, to my mates, to family, to colleagues and virtually everyone else I’ve ever spoken to about Scottish football, that I can’t stand the sectarian bigotry in the game, be it from Celtic or Rangers fans, or from the idiots in the Hearts support.

The poster I was replying to was claiming that Rangers are worse than every other club. They are no worse than Celtic however.

I have already stated that whoever called him that is scum. I’m not going to sit here and nod along though, when someone makes out that Celtic are any better. They are also scum.

No bother bud.  My reply was to the general shan response of the forum to this rather than yourself.  Night ?

brunoatemyhamster
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sure they dated and the lassie hasn’t got anything bad at all about Gerrard, a teen himself at the time and took her to meet family etc and lasted a couple of months.

Johnson prowled on a kid who idolised him mid to late twe

Adam Johnson was jailed for sexual activity with a 15 year old girl. 

19 year old at the time  multi millionaire footballer Steven gerrard and a 15 year is different how? Legally I mean. 

Johnson older I'll give you that. But if your read the article they had already had a relationship and broke up. What age was she at that time? What age was he at that time?

I'm only reading what's in that article tbf. Not even taking into account the other rumours. 

I've never liked him, but don't think it's sick to point out the  massive similarities between the two. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why not take the manager of another sides clubs comments in isolation then the same as we would do if it was Levein being peltered with abuse and then came out and spoke about being called orange Fenian Jew whatever.  It would be called for what it is, ****ing disgusting and he would be hailed for speaking out against it.  When it’s Clarke though “aye but what did he say about Celtic”. He wasn’t being personally abused off Celtic last time I checked.  Boyd can stick up for himself and when he says it’s sick the abuse he got from Celtic fans being a fat orange bassa the next question is going to be “aye Boyd no worries pal I didn’t hear you speak out when you’re manager got it right at Ibrox” and so on and on and on.

The sad part here it’s actually Jambos asking or stating “what did clarke day about Boyd” hun mentality. 

Excellent post, particularly the last paragraph. 

Edited by Squirt

2 hours ago, pablo said:

I've been called a Fenian ******* and an Orange ******* by various old firm supporters over the years. It's hilarious. 

I've been called a Catholic and a Protestant within minutes of each other.

I'm a staunch atheist and their God doesn't even exist.

Idiots.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Not about tonight obviously but once, when I was off my tits bored, I ventured over to Bears Den. A guy had started a thread (or if not started had certainly contributed) about a famous incident at Ibrox in 72 when a Hearts player had sat on the ball before crossing it over for Ford to score winning the game for us. He went on a diatribe about the “Fenian” nature of this player who we had signed from Celtic (embellished it with quite a bit more nonsense) before revealing the “Taig” as none other than Bobby Prentice.

Only problem was Prentice was still at Celtic then and the cross was actually from Tommy Murray.

Not one person on the hun site chose to correct him. So in a roundabout way that answers your question. Ie they will make it up to suit their agenda. Sad *******s basically.

Then toddle off to Ibrox to chant the name of the latest fenian to score for them :facepalm: oh, the hypocrisy 

58 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Celtic are every bit as bad. Celtic are just Rangers with a good PR department. 

Songs praising murderers who tore children apart with nail-bombs in shopping centres.

Spitting on children taking part in halftime kicks abouts.

Punching pensioners and fathers with their kids outside Tynecastle.

Assaulting and robbing teenaged kiosk staff

Vandalism of war memorials.

Graffiti mocking the victims of the Ibrox disaster.

Hanging effigies to mock the family of suicide victims.

and so on...

Yup, i have been one of those on the receiving end of this from Celtic fans.

Great to hear managers calling them out for the scum they are, if only more would step up.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why not take the manager of another sides clubs comments in isolation then the same as we would do if it was Levein being peltered with abuse and then came out and spoke about being called orange Fenian Jew whatever.  It would be called for what it is, ****ing disgusting and he would be hailed for speaking out against it.  When it’s Clarke though “aye but what did he say about Celtic”. He wasn’t being personally abused off Celtic last time I checked.  Boyd can stick up for himself and when he says it’s sick the abuse he got from Celtic fans being a fat orange bassa the next question is going to be “aye Boyd no worries pal I didn’t hear you speak out when you’re manager got it right at Ibrox” and so on and on and on.

The sad part here it’s actually Jambos asking or stating “what did clarke day about Boyd” hun mentality. 

Toxicity of Scottish football.

If you are not Rangers or Celtic directly, you must have a life long 'preference' for one or the other.  

And thousands and thousands do.

Edited by DETTY29

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Only money would take the most tortured or uneducated arseholes to Sevco. Like Lafferty and Gerrard.

If you think Gerrard moved to rangers for money you're off your rocker

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You tell us Stevie boy, you grew up as a hun

100% wrong. He grew up a Celtic supporter in Saltcoats. 

Steve Clark has raised a very good point regarding the sectarian comments

it is going to be interesting if the likes of kris Boyd ,Billy Dodds,and Barry/Derick Ferguson have anything to say or  just put it down to banter

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Plenty things you could shout at a fat wee baw-heided cry baby like Clarke, without having to go down the sectarian route. No imagination these days.

Correct. I prefer a lout who tailors his abuse.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why does it always have to come back to “aye but look that they’ve done”?? 

I didn't read it as an "aye but" to be honest.

It's not whataboutery or deflection to include Celtic's despicable behaviour when Rangers are getting a going over.  

55 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If you think Gerrard moved to rangers for money you're off your rocker

I typed it all wrong. I meant money, tortured or uneducated would move to sevco

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

I've been called a Catholic and a Protestant within minutes of each other.

I'm a staunch atheist and their God doesn't even exist.

Idiots.

:lol: This is my experience also.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Then toddle off to Ibrox to chant the name of the latest fenian to score for them :facepalm: oh, the hypocrisy 

You need to distinguish between fenian and Catholic, LB.

Not having a go, just pointing out that the inability to do so is the type of ignorance the Currant Buns wilfully excel at.

Its as if he thought the problem had been cleared in the west of Scotland, but now knows its a problem just like the rest of Scotland :huh: Its taken him a while to figure that out!

No matter what some might think of him, every time bigotry of any kind is highlighted is a good thing. 

But  without action by authorities both government and football its meaningless. 

7 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/22381805.html

In an outspoken interview Lauren—15 at the time it all happened—tells how smitten midfielder Gerrard PURSUED her after their teenage romance had ended.

Slippy is 19 years old at the time. 

Pursued for Gerrard, Groomed for Johnson. 

It’s only a few years since we employed a convicted child sex offender (and I don’t recall many throwing their season tickets away in disgust at the time either). 

"But but Celtic are worse. PEEAADOS!" 

The whataboutery is beyond staggering. Both these vile institutions and anyone that takes part in the moronic acts need severe education. Total thick *******s. 

joondalupjambo

Well done Clarke.

Are the Police still avoiding this issue?  

They had a bite when instructed by the Scottish Government but seems that the law was changed, is that right?  What do they do now?  Film folk from afar and then what?

I would have thought that only with high profile sentencing or as somebody else said, Strict Liability for the clubs and say docked points will we ever see any real change.

Everything else is just all talk and opinions.

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Some of that is a bit spurious but I said they had a problem and plenty scumbags. The Rangers, however, have the added element of superiority within the boardroom itself until 1989, and that was only broken so they could GIRFUY Celtic over Maurice Johnston. There is also the spectre of the Orange Order and wearing orange kit. Bad enough we have hate marches all over central and West Scotland every summer, but RIFC are giving it added voice by the sale of orange Rangers kits. In effect the current Rangers board have turned back the clock on sectarianism for profit.

This is the way I see it.

Rangers board are complicit to a level that Celtic's board are not. The orange strips thing is seriously provocative and comes directly from the club with the sign-off of the hierarchy. This is a level way above the tacit washing of the hands that Celtic's board practice.

This does not excuse Celtic's board though.

Celtic have a bad element in their support and the board often turn a blind eye, use the "tiny minority" BS excuse, or pay little more than lip service to it when their fans do some very provocative and distasteful stuff.  The bad thing for Celtic is that their approach has been the case for generations and was applied to sex abuse as well as sectarianism. The "You say it happens but we dunno anything about it" stance is exactly the same as the Catholic Church's response for decades to allegations of child abuse...Now it is all out in the open and the club trots out the kind of bland statements about "learning from mistakes" that the Govt social work dept come out with whenever a vulnerable child gets killed...but never admits fault.

The real contrast lies with how our own club deals with it.

Hearts have some nasty wee idiots in our support but Ann has no time or regard for them and punts them wherever she can identify them (with my full support I might add). I just wish our own fans would unite in condemnation and not be shy of "grassing" on these people. Grassing is a concept created by criminals to protect themselves. There is nothing wrong with reporting anti-social behaviour. We live in a society. It is an integral part of being civilised that you shield your children from those who are less than civilised or anti-social.

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sports coverage on bbc news just finished.  Mentioned rangers 5-0 demolition of Kilmarnock.....not a peep on Clarke’s rant.

Been on 5live last sports reports all last night by way of mention in Roddy Forsyth's match sound bite.

Yesterday's news, tomorrow's fish and chip paper.

Celtic and Rangers don’t do enough to discourage their fans to stop this behaviour. Rangers even brought out yet another orange strip ffs. It’s shameless.

The only way this will stop is to introduce strict liability. Start deducting points 

the only useful purpose of Ibrox and Parkhead is to keep a large number of dangerous sectarian psychotics of the streets for a few hours each week. 

In  a week where we had a bunch of grown men marching through Glasgow in the name of the orange order it can be confirmed, if Clarke needed confirmation, that it is indeed the Dark Ages.  It embarrasses the whole country.  

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

100% wrong. He grew up a Celtic supporter in Saltcoats. 

All this when a kid,`hes was that supporter and this supporter` is most of the time ,a load of utter horse
probably too busy engrossed in playing the game at an elite level to bother about following a club.
Although with an E on the end of his surname(irish version),name Stephen and a brother Paul then theres every chance of being catholic.Thereby toys chucked.

41 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Celtic and Rangers don’t do enough to discourage their fans to stop this behaviour. Rangers even brought out yet another orange strip ffs. It’s shameless.

The only way this will stop is to introduce strict liability. Start deducting points 

Programmes like only an excuse also 'encourage' the myth that sectarianism is just a wee bit of banter

the only useful purpose of Ibrox and Parkhead is to keep a large number of dangerous sectarian psychotics of the streets for a few hours each week. 

When you can tell someone’s religion based on a football kit, we have a real problem.

when people try and guess your religion based on a football kit, the game is utterly screwed

Meanwhile the compliant media here will totally ignore the problem and the football authorities will stick their fingers in their ears and their heads in the sand while dreaming of a cup final in May where both sets of  idiots  can sing and chant all of this stuff to their hearts content.  Sickening.

Edited by Deevers

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Meanwhile the compliant media here will totally ignore the problem and the football authorities will stick their fingers in their ears and their heads in the sand while dreaming of a cup final in May where both sets of  idiots  can sing and chant all of this stuff to their hearts content.  Sickening.

A very sad indictment of our country.

49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The bit about him being assured by Rangers that sectarianism had been eradicated is quite comical.      

The fact he had to ask is depressing,

the fact they had to lie is utterly wrist slitting.

The fact he would be sitting under a picture of the queen for his interview and still had to ask the question  makes me worry about his optician

10 hours ago, Wilson said:

We need strict liability. Points deducted, and grounds closed. Unfortunately, these is no chance.

As Tom English pointed out while welcoming Clarke speaking out , the Killie board don't back strict liability.

I think we'll done Steve Clarke the media the rangers and celtic board sit and listen to this and nothing gets said. I thought rangers fans where bad last time we played them at tynecastle sectarian singing throughout having to sit and Listen to songs about Bobby sands for 90 minutes wow celtic just as bad guys dressed up like the pope singing about the ira come next Wednesday no place for relegion in football. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You need to distinguish between fenian and Catholic, LB.

Not having a go, just pointing out that the inability to do so is the type of ignorance the Currant Buns wilfully excel at.

No probs bud:thumb:  Obviously should have typed Catholic, but I just typed that in the mindset of those morons. All I ever here is them go on about fenian barstewards. If there latest striker is a Catholic, then to them he is a hero, but if he was to play for someone else instead, he’d be a fenian this, or fenian that. Don’t know if I’ve put this one across too well either, just that  I don’t get involved in any of that nonsense.

As much as I abhor sectarianism in football, or anywhere, I can’t help wondering if Clarke would have said that if Killie had won? Doesn’t make it any less right or wrong but I bet he’s been called an FB before by Rangers fans. 

9 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

What at 18 when the lassie was 15?  

Comparable to a a multi millionaire footballer actually grooming a 14 year old at 26 aye?

There are laws.. Either the law was broken or it wasn't.. 

We used to have Craig Thompson who didn't even meet the girl but instead sent a couple of stupid but nonetheless indecent pictures and there was an uproar the likes has never been seen.. The law is the law and he broke it.. clearly he was less important than Gerrard and so wasn't afforded the same protection..

2 minutes ago, Crete said:

Well done Steve Clarke for speaking out about the sectarian hatred in Scotland the problem should have been addressed at least six decades ago.

Probably 4. Both churches were still major social forces in Scotland in the 60s and most of the 70s and had a vested interest in it continuing.