Steve Clarke Rant

Maroon Sailor

Just now, Sarah O said:

It really is quite astonishing that people allow their football club allegiance to dictate their political outlook. 

I just think the power and strength and allegiance to Rangers and Celtic has made sectarianism more acceptable for longer. 

Though hopefully less of an impact for people in real life e.g. work etc. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• Jamhammer

• Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Sectarianism was created in our country by our neighbours across the border, I wonder why... ?

Across the sea border?

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Across the sea border?

Sorry, should have said our country Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Sectarianism is and always will be about religion.  More wars on earth have been and still are about that.

I sincerely hope We will sort out bigotry is not going to be an Indepence claim..

A good study of Scottish History shows the futility of that claim.

Surely Westminster is not to blame this behaviour as well as everything else.

Yeah

Even me, I would never hold the SNP or independence supporters responsible responsible for sorting out sectarianism. Maybe the others didn't do enough though. 

3 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Sectarianism is and always will be about religion.  More wars on earth have been and still are about that.

I sincerely hope We will sort out bigotry is not going to be an Indepence claim..

A good study of Scottish History shows the futility of that claim.

Surely Westminster is not to blame this behaviour as well as everything else.

You think most of the wars are about religion? I'd say they're about control and power. 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If I was at Rangers I would pick them off one by one. Stewards or a separate dedicated security team pick out 1 or 2 at a time. And ban them.

Actually when the anti sectarian legislation was in force I thought that is what the Police should have done with the Hearts fans singing sectarian sounds at away games. Pick them out 1 or 2 at a time. 

But Rangers could stamp it out.

Kilmarnock game being at Ibrox was a gift to them. 

Saying "there's too many of them" is rubbish. 

This- so simple, so painless, so easy to do. They have CCTV in the stadium so start using it. As soon as culprits are collared and banned word will get around that there are consequences for this unacceptable behaviour. Unfortunately, words are cheap and that's all we're ever going to get from Rangers. 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This- so simple, so painless, so easy to do. They have CCTV in the stadium so start using it. As soon as culprits are collared and banned word will get around that there are consequences for this unacceptable behaviour. Unfortunately, words are cheap and that's all we're ever going to get from Rangers. 

Hopefully this is the start.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/rangers-fan-fined-for-shouting-sectarian-slurs-during-match-1-4877800

They are talking about it on off the ball just now. I think that there is agreement that it is unacceptable and to me out of the suggestions available the best and most workable is to punish the team by having to play behind closed doors. 

15 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Chelsea Loyalists.   I spent a very unpleasant morning with them on a channel crossing. Utter scum. 

They just are anti-Semitic,racist parasites hopefully this transfer ban kicks f@#k em up and they disappear.

Maroon Sailor

A few singing the song again today at Hamilton.

Now it's not hard to see who are singing it but nothing will be done.

These guys know they can get away with it

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

A few singing the song again today at Hamilton.

Now it's not hard to see who are singing it but nothing will be done.

These guys know they can get away with it

Not watching...what song?

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Police doing much?

Doubt it - I only tuned in for a minute or two but in a small ground like that it would be easy to identify the arseholes

The current whataboutery from Rangers fans is that the only reason Morelos is getting abuse is due to racism.

I have no doubt that some individuals will boo him because of his skin colour but dear god to  believe that it's only his skin colour and not because of the way he conducts himself is the come back for 10s of thousands of Rangers fans singing sectarian songs week in week out is beyond pathetic.  Even for that lot.

Edited by DETTY29

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Doubt it - I only tuned in for a minute or two but in a small ground like that it would be easy to identify the arseholes

Rangers fans are untouchable and they know it. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

How do they get in with those banners, I couldn't get in to the Auchinleck Talbot game with a bottle of fruit shoot for my grandson.

Maroon Sailor

It's nice to see that the " hard hitting " Rangers statement has done the trick.

If these arseholes still want to carry on then hit the club with points deductions, ground closure and a total away fan ban.

Tougher sanctions required, if today is anything to go by and then maybe the club will finally do something.

It won't be hard to identify those muppets in the New Douglas Park bus shelters - let's see what Rangers do.

Less than a week after an opposition manager called out rangers on their blatant sectarianism, highlighted across the UK media, their fans repeat the song and produce a banner mocking Clarke. 

If ever there was a time for immediate police action this was it. By failing to act on the spot, we are as good as saying we do not know how to deal with it. 

At some point the government is going to get involved. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Less than a week after an opposition manager called out rangers on their blatant sectarianism, highlighted across the UK media, their fans repeat the song and produce a banner mocking Clarke. 

If ever there was a time for immediate police action this was it. By failing to act on the spot, we are as good as saying we do not know how to deal with it. 

At some point the government is going to get involved. 

I think it was the 3.3 midweek game at Hamiton my cousin was told by the cops that flags and banners weren't allowed at New Douglas Park and had to take it down.

Sectarianism isn't going anywhere with our police force.

17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think it was the 3.3 midweek game at Hamiton my cousin was told by the cops that flags and banners weren't allowed at New Douglas Park and had to take it down.

Sectarianism isn't going anywhere with our police force.

Old firm have strength in numbers and the steward and police also know the best way to deal with them is to get them in and out and hope they don’t cause too much damage. 

Its pathetic policing tbh

joondalupjambo
5 hours ago, john5698 said:

How do they get in with those banners, I couldn't get in to the Auchinleck Talbot game with a bottle of fruit shoot for my grandson.

That is because a fruit shoot contains nearly five spoonfuls of sugar and you were being an irresponsible adult. Taking it away was helping your grandson ?????

Edited by joondalupjambo

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

That small minority of Rangers fans sure can sing loud.

Can’t  they though? You’d think they’d be drowned out by the boos of the majority of decent Rangers supporters 

Edited by Jamhammer

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Can’t  they though? You’d think they’d be drowned out by the boos of the majority of decent Rangers supporters 

No such thing. 

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

No such thing. 

Must be. The impartial BBC says it’s a small minority of both Celtic and Rangers fans so it must be. Obviously got microphones and amplifiers or something 

Isn't it strange?. That James kelly labour msp saw fit to raise the Neil. Lennon coin incident in parliament but has very quiet about Kris boyd !!  Funnily enough I don't .

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Must be. The impartial BBC says it’s a small minority of both Celtic and Rangers fans so it must be. Obviously got microphones and amplifiers or something 

BBC journos too busy drooling, talking about goal difference to create that helicopter feel as they wait for Celtic to drop just the 8 points.