Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• neilnunb

• Don Dan

• Doctor FinnBarr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say What Again

No footage of either claim of the police going nuts or the old guy getting the shit kicked out of him. 

Sadly ?

Edited by Say What Again

After seeing the way they behave 40 odd miles from their own slums, when they’ve visited Tynecastle for the last 33 years, I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest they were acting like the vermin manks they are.

Remember Madrid in 93.

Good 2 hours before kick at a bar a wee bit away from the ground, police and horses arrived to move us on.

Couple of folks tried to say no-one causing bother, batons raised, no more arguements and we were marched to ground without incident.  Pain in the butt, but that's the way it is.

Back chat a copper which I would be surprised didn't happen, a foreign one at that, then no sympathy.

Edited by DETTY29

47 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't have any sympathy for Celtic fans but Spanish police are despicable. 

Spanish police don’t pussy foot around. 

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Remember Madrid in 93.

Good 2 hours before kick at a bar a wee bit away from the ground, police and horses arrived to move us on.

Couple of folks tried to say no-one causing bother, batons raised, no more arguements and we were marched to ground without incident.  Pain in the butt, but that's the way it is.

Back chat a copper which I would be surprised didn't happen, a foreign one at that, then no sympathy.

I actually found one who could talk English well that night, he explained that they had intelligence that the Athletico skins were coming for us, still never seen any! We made our way back to the same bar after the game without a problem (maybe cos they went through right enough)

Watching that video it’s impossible to tell what brought to police to the bar. However folks asked to move were or appeared reluctant to do so and were encouraged robustly to go.

34 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

After seeing the way they behave 40 odd miles from their own slums, when they’ve visited Tynecastle for the last 33 years, I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest they were acting like the vermin manks they are.

Agreed

i wish jj was my dad
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Remember Madrid in 93.

Yip..We were well warned what to expect. And everybody behaved. 

TGFITW though? No chance.

It’s the Spanish way - they’ll hit people before any trouble starts!!

You can be standing drinking a beer then suddenly find your beer knocked out of your hand by a baton, then you will be hit by a baton for smashing a glass!!

It’s just Spanish police way, they treat Spaniards the same!

8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I actually found one who could talk English well that night, he explained that they had intelligence that the Athletico skins were coming for us, still never seen any! We made our way back to the same bar after the game without a problem (maybe cos they went through right enough)

I think it was the same bar I was in. Well the one we were in was targetted by Real Madrid ultras. The police waded in and walked us to the athletico ground about 2-3 hours before kickoff. 

We didn’t go back after the game but went into the centre and to a local nightclub and had a great night

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think it was the same bar I was in. Well the one we were in was targetted by Real Madrid ultras. The police waded in and walked us to the athletico ground about 2-3 hours before kickoff. 

We didn’t go back after the game but went into the centre and to a local nightclub and had a great night

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with Madrid ultras and Athletico skins, bar we got took out from was (with the away end to your back) over the road to the right maybe a 3-4 minute walk away. Plod tried to put us onto buses after the game but we'd had the sense to put hotel cards into our pockets

16 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Watching that video it’s impossible to tell what brought to police to the bar. However folks asked to move were or appeared reluctant to do so and were encouraged robustly to go.

Indeed. First rule abroad is move if police ask you to and no backchat. Even if you are the best fans in the world... ?

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

They got a total doing in Amsterdam off the polis too. Shame. 

Their mhank-sympathiser PR machine then cranked in to action, and suddenly, you guessed it... they were the poor innocent downtrodden victims. ?

Guardia Civil and Policia National are two separate entities.  The former are a military force that developed from Franco's Fascists. They do not take prisoners.

Celtic fans took offence when Police sprayed them with what they thought was cs spray,they really lost their shit when they found it was actually deodourant.

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Their mhank-sympathiser PR machine then cranked in to action, and suddenly, you guessed it... they were the poor innocent downtrodden victims. ?

You have to manoeuvre a diabolical Rangers story in there for it to hold credence. 

"Rangers cheat in domestic cup to next round, while Celtic supporters are savagely beaten in pursuit of European glory".

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Knowing their penchant for controversy, what’s the bet there was a flag that would have annoyed the Spanish police on display

Hmmm, lets take a stab in the dark at an ETA flag

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Knowing their penchant for controversy, what’s the bet there was a flag that would have annoyed the Spanish police on display

Yup, that’s what I was wondering.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:bravo:

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Can I say ‘No Comment’ on that one 

Feel free to say "No comment" if you wish mate but you and I know my stab in the dark is most likely true

35 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

You have to manoeuvre a diabolical Rangers story in there for it to hold credence. 

"Rangers cheat in domestic cup to next round, while Celtic supporters are savagely beaten in pursuit of European glory".

Not far off tbh. Cut from the same minky cloth. Only difference is one of them understands the value of good PR.

50 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

My dutch pals reliably informed me our friends from the west were acting en masse like the total jakey scum they are in dam square and the Dutch polis finally snapped and kicked the shit out of them big time.

Works for me. :wub:

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Super T said:

I'd been having a pretty rubbish day so far today but this has cheered me up no end ?

I too am rather happy having watched that, on repeat, a crap day has had a lovely end.

Hopefully its just the warm up and they get a proper beating tomorrow

?

Bit disappointed to see the Spanish polis swipe across the legs of the tramps and not crack a few skulls open tbh.

Hoping for a more robust approach tomorrow.

Shanks said no

blob:https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/9ef4407f-84d6-422c-9306-289d8bbb66ba

Slightly longer video in record, more excellent leg whipping

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s the Spanish way - they’ll hit people before any trouble starts!!

You can be standing drinking a beer then suddenly find your beer knocked out of your hand by a baton, then you will be hit by a baton for smashing a glass!!

It’s just Spanish police way, they treat Spaniards the same!

Pretty much. I can’t stand Celtic fans but I remember a few warned us in advance before we played Atletico in 93 what  to expect. They weren’t wrong. Was in Spain also in 99 when Man U played Bayern and the attitude of the Spanish cops was to create a situation where they could go in with batons and riot gear and hit anything that moved. Total sub-human filth the cops in Spain.