• The White Cockade

The White Cockade
4 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Shuggy shaw

big Shuggie scored one of the best goals i've seen

a 35 yarder at the School End

against Dundee I think

19 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Danny Paton was my mates uncle, rest of his family have went to the dark side but big Rab is still one of us

Danny scored a hatrick v them in 1962.

8 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Jimmy Johnston (Celtic 7). George Fleming (Hearts 10), Tommy Gemmell (Celtic Shooting), Peter Oliver (Hearts 3), Eddie Thomson (Hearts 4)

My very first game at Tynecastle with my dad in the stand 

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.502ae7fccdfebb1814f5f9867b0fa9d3.JPG

Shuggy Shaw a young Tommy Burns could be Pat Stanton Willie Gibson Donald Park maybe Ronnie Glavin and RoyKay away to the right i think

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.502ae7fccdfebb1814f5f9867b0fa9d3.JPG

Ref?, Graham Shaw, Tommy Burns (Celtic 10), Pat McCluskey (Celtic 6), Willie Gibson, Donald Park, Ronnie Glavin (Celtic 4), Roy Kay (in the distance?)

Great pictures too, where you getting them from?

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Ref?, Graham Shaw, Tommy Burns (Celtic 10), Pat McCluskey (Celtic 6), Willie Gibson, Donald Park, Ronnie Glavin (Celtic 4), Roy Kay (in the distance?)

Great pictures too, where you getting them from?

A very young Tommy Burns there

I'm just searching online 

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is this the only time George Best played at Tynecastle ?

IMG_3123.JPG

Tony Higgins (Them 9), Colin Campbell (shooting for them), George Best (right for Them). Not sure who the Meadowbank guys are? And yes, think it was his only appearance at Tynie

Edited by Big Drew
addition

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Tony Higgins (Them 9), Colin Campbell (shooting for them), George Best (right for Them). Not sure who the Meadowbank guys are? And yes, think it was his only appearance at Tynie

You'll know the Meadowbank 10 and goalscorer in this one

IMG_3163.thumb.JPG.5f30a5692ce9b8e9a115bc2be01e3d22.JPG

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You'll know the Meadowbank 10 and goalscorer in this one

IMG_3163.thumb.JPG.5f30a5692ce9b8e9a115bc2be01e3d22.JPG

Vic Kasule wearing 10 and scorer Ralph Callachan against either Ayr or Dunfermline?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Big Drew said:

Vic Kasule wearing 10 and scorer Ralph Callachan against either Ayr or Dunfermline?

East Stirlingshire

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

East Stirlingshire

Ah right - mind going there when Hearts played them in 81-82 season. Their old ground is derelict now.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No idea who the Hibs player is 

His name is Johnny Graham.

I feel bad about calling him ‘ugly’ now, he passed away in November 2018. :sad: 

Suppose I wasn’t to know. :sadrobbo:

Edited by Morgan

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, Torry Jambo said:

Back Row; Trainer ?,Rioch,Masson,Blackley,McQueen,Clark,Stewart,Rough,Jordan,Forsyth,Kennedy,Johnstone and Ally McLeod

Front Row; Trainer ? Johnston,McGrain,Graham,Dalglish,Gemmill,Jardine,Harper and Hartford

The Trainer in the front is H ugh Allen of Kilmarnock. I think the other one ma y be Andy Roxburgh.

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The Trainer in the front is H ugh Allen of Kilmarnock. I think the other one ma y be Andy Roxburgh.

IMG_2332.JPG

Back Row (left to right)...
Donnie McKinnon (trainer), Bruce Rioch (Derby Co), Don Masson (Derby Co), John Blackley (Newcastle Utd), Gordon McQueen (Manchester Utd), Bobby Clark (Aberdeen), Jim Stewart (Middlesborough), Alan Rough (Partick Thistle), Joe Jordan (Manchester Utd), Tom Forsyth (Rangers), Stuart Kennedy (Aberdeen), Derek Johnston (Rangers), Alistair MacLeod (Manager).

Front Row (left to right)...
Hugh Allan (physiotherapist), Willie Johnston (West Brom), Danny McGrain (Celtic), Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool), Archie Gemmill (Notts Forest), Sandy Jardine (Rangers), Joe Harper (Aberdeen), Asa Hartford

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_2332.JPG

Donnie McKinnon (trainer), Bruce Rioch (Derby Co), Don Masson (Derby Co), John Blackley (Newcastle Utd), Gordon McQueen (Manchester Utd), Bobby Clark (Aberdeen), Jim Stewart (Middlesborough), Alan Rough (Partick Thistle), Joe Jordan (Manchester Utd), Tom Forsyth (Rangers), Stuart Kennedy (Aberdeen), Derek Johnston (Rangers), Alistair MacLeod (Manager).

Hugh Allan (physiotherapist), Willie Johnston (West Brom), Danny McGrain (Celtic), Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool), Archie Gemmill (Notts Forest), Sandy Jardine (Rangers), Joe Harper (Aberdeen), Asa Hartford

Who’s inbetween McGrain and Dalglish?

I think it’s Arthur Graham of Aberdeen,

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Who’s inbetween McGrain and Dalglish?

I think it’s Arthur Graham of Aberdeen,

It is Arthur Graham, might have been at Leeds

He missed out in the finals - John Robertson of Forest must have got the nod ahead of him

Edited by Maroon Sailor

i wish jj was my dad
25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_2332.JPG

Don't think that Jim Stewart is the middle keeper. As a guess George Wood? 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Don't think that Jim Stewart is the middle keeper. As a guess George Wood? 

It's Dave Stewart

I cut and pasted the line up from another photo of this. Should have checked and corrected !

been here before
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_3166.JPG

Cant mind his name and its annoying. I want say Billy someone...., Kenny Black, Craig Levien, Gary McKay, Sandy Clark, Zico, Ian Jardine, Neil Berry, Henry, Henry Give Us A Wave

Brian Whittiker, Robbo, Sandy Jardine.

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Billy Cant mind his name, Kenny Black, Craig Levien, Gary McKay, Sandy Clark, Zico, Ian Jardine, Neil Berry, Henry, Henry Give Us A Wave

Brian Whittiker, Robbo, Sandy Jardine.

Billy Mackay far left

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_3167.JPG

Mike Galloway, Henry Smith, Paul McStay (Celtic), Eamonn Bannon, John Colquhoun, Anton Rogan (Celtic), Gary Mackay, Pat Bonner, Frank McAvennie, Iain Ferguson, Peter Grant (Celtic), Mark McGhee (Celtic), Joe Miller (Celtic), Tommy Burns (Celtic), Mick McCarthy (Celtic), Roy Aitken (Celtic), David Slime (Biased Ref), Tosh McKinlay (being sent off), all on the day we went out of the Scottish Cup in 1989 and also the day Alan McLaren was sent off too for telling Slime what he was!

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Look at that Hearts support as well

Was in there somewhere. Always took decent supports there in the 80s. Now the fans who go are squeezed into a wee corner, watched by hundreds of stewards with about a dozen on their pathetic wee seats watching you and if you are unlucky to be at the walkway near their main stand then there are even more yellow-jaicketed tubes jumping about and obstructing the rubbish view afforded. Now the WORST away day in Scotland with jakey wee tramps shouting banal abuse at you. Utterly horrible place.

Just now, Ally Bee said:

After beating Dundee United in 86 semi at hampden?

Yeah Ally, a celebration for getting to the final where we lost 3-0 after the Dens disaster the week before.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Ally Bee said:

After beating Dundee United in 86 semi at hampden?

That's the one - JC with the winner but not in the picture

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Prince Buaben
5 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

This picture sums up his only appearance for the famous... anyone remember him?

Pic 2.jpg

Mo Berthe

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The keeper is Hans Tilkowski who was the West Germany keeper in 1966.

Never a goal

IMG_3170.JPG.677e2eca4e1a94ec761604fc57d3f747.JPGIMG_3171.thumb.JPG.ff813d025a3775e75af0a629ccdc9eff.JPG

How could the idiot running the line see it was a goal from where he was ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

queensferryjambo

This thread has went from 'Oldies - Name the players' to 'the players are obvious but the photos are brilliant'

Some great pictures - thanks kickbackers :)