Oldies - Name the players

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Hearts have won the East of Scotland Shield by beating Hibs on penalties after a 3-3 draw in May 1989. The players are Jardine, ? , Cairns, Whittaker, Kidd, ?, Moore, ?, Sandison, Crabbe, Wright, ?, Christie. 

Looks like a young Ian Black front left

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Morgan

• Big Drew

• The White Cockade

15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Hearts have won the East of Scotland Shield by beating Hibs on penalties after a 3-3 draw in May 1989. The players are Jardine, ? , Cairns, Whittaker, Kidd, ?, Moore, ?, Sandison, Crabbe, Wright, ?, Christie. 

After Jardine and Walter Both sick, Malcolm Murray?

9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what I thought as well but it's well before his time.

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

That's what I thought as well but it's well before his time.

Maybe a young Gary Naismith

been here before
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Maybe a young Gary Naismith

Thats who I thought but it appears Naysmith was born in 78 which would make him 11 when that was taken

:lol:

42 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The player between Jardine and Cairns is Craig Neil. Next to Allan Moore it's Andy Paterson on the end and then Scott Gardiner. The player between Wright and Christie is Craig Martin.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats who I thought but it appears Naysmith was born in 78 which would make him 11 when that was taken

:lol:

He only looked 12 in the 98 cup final !

17 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

AA19-FDE0-EDB1-4-CEF-97-FC-160-A1697-A86

Good night. Only the upper part of the main stand was open with pretty much no segregation. No trouble, though. 

Iirc, we were behind late on but Scott Crabbe scored a late hattrick, including 2 penalties. He also scored in the penalty shoot out and, according to a British Football Facts book I have, got a hole in one at Kingsknowe the following day. 

4 hours ago, Big Drew said:

The player between Jardine and Cairns is Craig Neil. Next to Allan Moore it's Andy Paterson on the end and then Scott Gardiner. The player between Wright and Christie is Craig Martin.

Very impressive!

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

3-B1-CCD8-E-0-EB1-4-A25-9671-E827-E2-BD9

The cup final. Jeffries, Prentice, callachan, Gibson and Busby.

MacLean, Forsyth, Johnstone the then Rangers.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Scott Gardener lived round the corner from my Mothers old house in Livingston. His sister was a wee gem.

allanthejambo
On 15/12/2020 at 18:40, John Findlay said:

Donald second from right front row.

Trying to post my photo of Donald ford keeps coming up with unknown server error 200

anyone help please

Fort Vallance
On 15/12/2020 at 17:15, upgotheheads said:

Wullie Bauld ?

Kenny Dalgleish, Peter Oliver? Allan Anderson.

Allan Anderson.

They're coming thick and fast. Hope there's plenty left for the Christmas Lockdown.

Looks more like Ralph Callachan than Peter Oliver. Not sure if the timeline matches though.

A Shoreditch Heart
On 15/12/2020 at 18:40, John Findlay said:

Donald second from right front row.

that picture wasn't in The Shoot - was it Goal Magazine maybe?

19 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

2-D90-AEDB-9-A9-D-41-BE-9835-37639-D6-A6
apologies if already posted.

Season 70-71? Back L to R: John Harvey, Wilson Wood, Alan Anderson, Dave Clunie, Kenny Garland, Jim Cruickshank, Tommy Veitch, Peter Oliver, Ernie Winchester, John Cumming. Front L to R: Jim Brown, Donald Ford, Roald Jensen, Eddie Thomson, Ian Sneddon, Andy Lynch, George Fleming, Jim Townsend. Hard to beleive that at least eight of these guys have passed.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Who Remembers this?

Celtic 2-2 (A) 12.12.1987 (PL) 1-1 (H) Smith tells Walker where to go.jpg

Par for the course when Hearts and Celtic played. Usually came to blows especially in the 80's

Gorgie Boot boy
22 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Par for the course when Hearts and Celtic played. Usually came to blows especially in the 80's

Used to have to fight your way into the place then back out.

One time ended up fighting in a building site in the old Budden street area where the buses were parked, then walked the long way to the city center.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy
22 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Who Remembers this?

Celtic 2-2 (A) 12.12.1987 (PL) 1-1 (H) Smith tells Walker where to go.jpg

Was this a cup game at Parkhead Willie Johnston sent off for head buttin Provan ?

5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was this a cup game at Parkhead Willie Johnston sent off for head buttin Provan ?

It was December 1987. We went 2-0 up in 74 minutes, then they conned a penalty and went on to equalise right at the end. Henry was booked for what I presume was 'aggressive behaviour' against Andy Wa nker.

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

It was December 1987. We went 2-0 up in 74 minutes, then they conned a penalty and went on to equalise right at the end. Henry was booked for what I presume was 'aggressive behaviour' against Andy Wa nker.

Thanks for that.

On 17/12/2020 at 16:20, Big Drew said:

Season 70-71? Back L to R: John Harvey, Wilson Wood, Alan Anderson, Dave Clunie, Kenny Garland, Jim Cruickshank, Tommy Veitch, Peter Oliver, Ernie Winchester, John Cumming. Front L to R: Jim Brown, Donald Ford, Roald Jensen, Eddie Thomson, Ian Sneddon, Andy Lynch, George Fleming, Jim Townsend. Hard to beleive that at least eight of these guys have passed.

My first Hearts top. Got it for my seventh birthday in 1970, along with my first ever pair of football boots, moulded studs.

7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was this a cup game at Parkhead Willie Johnston sent off for head buttin Provan ?

The thing is, he didn’t.

The Celtic cheat dropped quicker than a Leith rent boy’s knickers.

He was untouched, and deliberately, with malice aforethought, got Willie sent off.

Gorgie Boot boy
29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The thing is, he didn’t.

He was untouched, and deliberately, with malice aforethought, got Willie sent off.

Cheating scumbags

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nah. it’s a photo of Barney in his newhaven boozer. Sorry if I’ve missed something obvious, I’m started cup final beer consumption 😀

It was just the tache and old fashioned bar scene reminded me of allo allo (probably just me as there's no real resemblance!). I was drinking at the time too......

Gordon Kaye (René uit 'Allo 'Allo!) overleden - TV & Radio - KnackFocus

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

The thing is, he didn’t.

Couldn't stand that b........d provan since,     f....g cheating ratbag !🤮🤮🤮

Gorgie Boot boy
15 hours ago, Morgan said:

The thing is, he didn’t.

Thanks.

You were spot on mate. I was at that game,

I read an article on it last night after your comment.

You have a good memory

3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Couldn't stand that b........d provan since,     f....g cheating ratbag !🤮🤮🤮

There was, and still is, something snidey about him.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thanks.

You were spot on mate. I was at that game,

I read an article on it last night after your comment.

You have a good memory

Thanks.  👍

I was at that game too, the most blatant piece of cheating I’ve ever seen.

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks.  👍

There are two games at that stankhole that i remember, i have been to it many times including cup finals.

Willie Johnston takes the piss out of Celtic,not sure if this is right but he does something cheeky with the ball, may of sat on it or put it up his top.

Also about 8000 of us at the game , the jungle got tormented with some trying to have a run with them.

The other was the game with Henry getting carded. Mad days. That piggery has always been a nightmare adventure.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Thanks.  👍

I was there too nearly got lifted in the car park , where buses was,  hectic to say the least....

There are two games at that stankhole that i remember, i have been to it many times including cup finals.

Willie Johnston takes the piss out of Celtic,not sure if this is right but he does something cheeky with the ball, may of sat on it or put it up his top.

Also about 8000 of us at the game , the jungle got tormented with some trying to have a run with them.

The other was the game with Henry getting carded. Mad days. That piggery has always been a nightmare adventure.

The first time I'd ever seen police wading into segregated fans for absolutely no reason (other than REALLY winding Celtic fans up). IIRC Hearts hit the woodwork 3 times in that game - and to this day I detest Provan. 

Gorgie Boot boy
42 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The first time I'd ever seen police wading into segregated fans for absolutely no reason (other than REALLY winding Celtic fans up). IIRC Hearts hit the woodwork 3 times in that game - and to this day I detest Provan. 

Is that what happened, i can remember being up the back seeing a lot of running . I assumed they were trying to get into the jungle. Better memory than me i forget a lot of the football.

Is that what happened, i can remember being up the back seeing a lot of running . I assumed they were trying to get into the jungle. Better memory than me i forget a lot of the football.

IIRC, Police waded in batons drawn (don't know why, Jambos were fenced in , there was no fighting I could see, I remember thinking at the time "are they really trying to stop them singing The Sash" ?) The police got a real beating and the rest of the game was a massive frisbee throwing competition of police hats. 

I was thinking about the game today actually and I have no idea how I got to/from the game. And yet I can remember the actual game really well. 

A workmate who was a Celtic fan was at the game and said the noise from the Hearts fans was incredible. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Gorgie Boot boy
42 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

IIRC, Police waded in batons drawn (don't know why, Jambos were fenced in , there was no fighting I could see, I remember thinking at the time "are they really trying to stop them singing The Sash" ?) The police got a real beating and the rest of the game was a massive frisbee throwing competition of police hats. 

I was thinking about the game today actually and I have no idea how I got to/from the game. And yet I can remember the actual game really well. 

A workmate who was a Celtic fan was at the game and said the noise from the Hearts fans was incredible. 

Those years are blended with wine and police hats.

Huckled or herded.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I was there. Our support was as hard as feck in those days. Fearless. 

I remember the police trying to come in and make arrests but the fans did everything to prevent that. Also recall a sizeable amount of Celtic coming from the jungle onto the Rangers end at the far right corner but being chased back out in seconds flat. 

The cops, not able to make much headway with the real hard cases started picking of youngsters and others on the periphery. Only just avoided being lifted myself. 

Cowards.