Intertoto Cup

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Anyone know if there are plans to enter this for next season? I remeber we were going to do this last season or this season but pulled out as if you qualify thru the leage and drop out you get a hefty fine. Could really do with another european away day...but i suppose theres bigger things to worry about at the present time

Anyone know if there are plans to enter this for next season? I remeber we were going to do this last season or this season but pulled out as if you qualify thru the leage and drop out you get a hefty fine. Could really do with another european away day...but i suppose theres bigger things to worry about at the present time

We'd probably not even win a game :(

christhejambo

As you say, bigger things to worry about. I would rather we got a decent pre season under our belts, than have matches in some hell-hole in June or July

Let's leave the Intertoto to diddy clubs like the Leithers. I'd rather miss out on Yoorup than lower myself to their level.

I think we should enter it.

I'd like to thing we'll have a manager and squad by then capable of treating a July game in some backward hell hole as a pre-season friendly... that we win.

If it's a route into the yoooefa cup it shouldn't be ignored.

We shouldn't see ourselves as above it - frankly, right now, we ain't above much.

I think you have to be in the top six to be considered. you can apply but if you finish 7th and the top 6 club also applied they get the oppertunity. it just gets worse really :(

The Mighty Thor

I think we should forget it.

We've had the last two pre-seasons wrecked by Malofeev and the results have been plain for all to see.

Get a manager in and have a full pre-season under his control and tackle the SPL (assuming we're still in it).

No point wrecking another pre-season chasing a place in the Uefa cup.

Think its been disbanded.

Shame really, it was described on EUFA website as 'The cup for the cup-less'. Summed the wee team right up.

The 2008 season will be the last time it is held. From then on the team that would have qualified for the ITC will get a place in the reformed UEFA Cup.

I think we should enter it.

I'd like to thing we'll have a manager and squad by then capable of treating a July game in some backward hell hole as a pre-season friendly... that we win.

If it's a route into the yoooefa cup it shouldn't be ignored.

We shouldn't see ourselves as above it - frankly, right now, we ain't above much.

Absolutely, European football is a must for Hearts, we are about to lose the Zeljeznicar and Bordeaux results from our record and this will have devastating impact on our ranking. Next season is the last Intertoto Cup. Also it is much easier to qualify from the the Intertoto these days, the Scottish representative will have to win a round against a team from somewhere like Latvia or Iceland and then another round against probably a Scandinavian team. Normally you need to finish within 4 places of the last UEFA place in the league so we'll need to get up to 7th or 8th. The deadline for declaring an interest in usually the end of January. I suspect Hibs and Inverness CT may apply as they have before so we'll need to finish above them.

atleticojambo

Atletico got through the intertoto this year and its worked out really well for us,competitive pre-sason matches not a bad thing

should be considered

I would imagine if we were given the chance then we will enter. Here's hoping a few positive things happen between now and then though.... frankly it is the least of our worries at this time!

Archived