Irish Passport

RobboM

I qualify through a grandparent but feels weird that I can get one as don't have any real affinity with Ireland. If other folk want one then why not use the rule. 

I have Italian ancestry as well, does that work too??

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I qualify through a grandparent but feels weird that I can get one as don't have any real affinity with Ireland. If other folk want one then why not use the rule. 

They are just useful legal documents at the end of the day and mean nothing beyond that. 

9 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Anyone know how to get a fake passport?

They showed how to do it in the book/ movie Day of the Jackal.

I don't know that you'd get away with it these days but at the time it was possible.

11 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Didn't even know that was allowed. Unless you're a spy and your passports are fake? 

It's legal, but you're right I feel like a spy when I open my stash drawer. The only one I use is the U.S. even when entering the UK as I'm usually with the wife and I can't exactly leave her standing in the long line.

Dual and Multiple Citizenship as a Direct Consequence of Globalization

Many other countries (e.g., Canada, The USA, The United Kingdom, Ireland, Belgium, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Switzerland, and some others) allow their citizens or nationals to have two or more citizenships.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Boston Jambo said:

It's legal, but you're right I feel like a spy when I open my stash drawer. The only one I use is the U.S. even when entering the UK as I'm usually with the wife and I can't exactly leave her standing in the long line.

Dual and Multiple Citizenship as a Direct Consequence of Globalization

Many other countries (e.g., Canada, The USA, The United Kingdom, Ireland, Belgium, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Switzerland, and some others) allow their citizens or nationals to have two or more citizenships.

I thought you had to make a choice at 18 in the USA and they'd done away with the duel concept. My Grandad was duel qualified having been born in the US (18something or other). My sister became a US citizen but had to renounce her UK citizenship (early to mid 80's). 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought you had to make a choice at 18 in the USA and they'd done away with the duel concept. My Grandad was duel qualified having been born in the US (18something or other). My sister became a US citizen but had to renounce her UK citizenship (early to mid 80's). 

No. I think George w Bush changed the law, but I've had dual nationality for about 35 years. I should go through US immigration with my US passport, but I've used my UK one at least once. 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

13 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I know what you mean but I've always identified myself as Cornish/Irish ... quite an exclusive group. There's no chance of a Cornish passport as the English jackboot has stamped down on us far longer than many others (nb not entirely serious ?  ) and I've had holidays in Ireland from a young age, had our honeymoon in Ireland, been to weddings and funerals, and been a number of other times too so an Irish passport honestly doesn't feel like too much of a stretch.

6 hours ago, RobboM said:

I know what you mean but I've always identified myself as Cornish/Irish ... quite an exclusive group. There's no chance of a Cornish passport as the English jackboot has stamped down on us far longer than many others (nb not entirely serious ?  ) and I've had holidays in Ireland from a young age, had our honeymoon in Ireland, been to weddings and funerals, and been a number of other times too so an Irish passport honestly doesn't feel like too much of a stretch.

Love Cornwall. Certainly a celtic feel about the place. You obviously have an affinity with Ireland so why not use the the system for your benefit. 

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Love Cornwall. Certainly a celtic feel about the place. You obviously have an affinity with Ireland so why not use the the system for your benefit. 

Other than siblings (of course!) the only other Cornish/Irish person I've come across is Chris Morris, not the guy from Brass Eye, but was a full back for Celtic in the late 80s/90s and went on to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Thankfully he doesn't conform to Cornish stereotypes and now is back in Cornwall working in his family's pasty making business :rofl:

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Other than siblings (of course!) the only other Cornish/Irish person I've come across is Chris Morris, not the guy from Brass Eye, but was a full back for Celtic in the late 80s/90s and went on to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Thankfully he doesn't conform to Cornish stereotypes and now is back in Cornwall working in his family's pasty making business :rofl:

Good man. I remember him. Not sure about Cornish stereotypes as don't know what they are unless they're pirates ?

On 18/02/2019 at 22:40, Pans Jambo said:

Im actually looking forward to my Blue passport

My Scottish blue passport that is. 

:leveinproblem:

With twa Unicorns emblazoned on the front. :pleasing: