• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sandyk

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When it comes to the football side of the club, we are honking from top to bottom.

When does Ann hand the club over to the fans?

Changes need to be made. 

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

When it comes to the football side of the club, we are honking from top to bottom.

Changes need to be made. 

She's not handing it over, we are buying it from her.

Hopefully changes are kept to a minimum, especially at boardroom and coaching level.

9 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

If we'd won this 5-2 no one would have batted an eye. 

Aye, but we didn't. 

If i won the lottery i would buy a very big house in the country and listen to blur.

38 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Aye, but we didn't. 

If i won the lottery i would buy a very big house in the country and listen to blur.

Reading Balzac, Knocking back Prozac?

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Reading Balzac, Knocking back Prozac?

I'll be taking all manner of pills  if i have to watch anymore of Craig Levein's Hearts team. 

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's a bit of a gubbing  - Reserves or not they are still pulling on that Hearts shirt

Disgusting performance from a so called strong Hearts reserve team.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

To lighten the mood, many years ago there was a female cook called Fannie Craddock.  She appeared once on Scotland Today and had a cooking slot where, towards the end of broadcast she made some donuts. 

At the end of the program, the legendary anchor, John Toye, said. 

'I hope all your donuts turn out to look like Fannie's".

Haha

Need to stick that in the team talk next week. 

32 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I'll be taking all manner of pills  if i have to watch anymore of Craig Levein's Hearts team. 

Take a herbal bath. It might ease the stress.

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Take a herbal bath. It might ease the stress.

I would, but Malaury Martin is chilling in it with a glass of champagne. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Disgusting performance from a so called strong Hearts reserve team.

Which players did you feel were poorest? Anybody catch your eye who played well? How did Vanacek’s fitness look?

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Honking on the message board as well 

Desperately honking, particularly where the cross bar meets the post ??

Edited by To Be Frank

Results like our first team losing 5-0 to Livingston and our strong  reserves getting beat by

a young Aberdeen reserve team 5-2 should not be tolerated. Heads should roll and P45’s

from the manager down should be sent out at once. Are you fed up watching a disorganised,

boring football from a team team with no idea how to play attractive attacking football and

lacks imagination. We the fans are always told that when injuries clear up and confidence

returns we will be putting up a challenge for the Cup and Europe. Time is ticking for our team

to start producing a team that gives our fans the team we deserve. I believe our team should be 

playing far better considering the players we have. 

Now I wait on the many Jambos on this site to have a go at this post and I will try to take 

a serious look at the excuses for our unacceptable form up to now.

Edited by mitch41

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Results like our first team losing 5-0 to Livingston and our strong  reserves getting beat by

a young Aberdeen reserve team 5-2 should not be tolerated. Heads should roll and P45’s

from the manager down should be sent out at once. Are you fed up watching a disorganised,

boring football from a team team with no idea how to play attractive attacking football and

lacks imagination. We the fans are always told that when injuries clear up and confidence

returns we will be putting up a challenge for the Cup and Europe. Time is ticking for our team

to start producing a team that gives our fans the team we deserve. I believe our team should be 

Now I wait on the many Jambos on this site to have a go at this post and I will try to take 

100% agree with you. No argument from me on this. Whilst many fans see he’s not the man to take us forward so many bury their heads in the sand. 

56 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Which players did you feel were poorest? Anybody catch your eye who played well? How did Vanacek’s fitness look?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Who is taking responsibility for the axe/guillotine, is this also against SFA rules, like the tennis balls. Feel this may incur a fine.

How did we feel about last weeks reserve game (which also meant diddly squat) when we had close to 40 shots on goal, not enough?

Albeit September is well in the rear mirror but did we not have a higher percentage of chances and statistically were the leaders of the league not just on points but several attacking elements?

And finally, very easy to dismantle something, but the age old question has never really been answered, who is it we really need. If there is better I'm up for it, but lets be realistic we are not and never will be awash with cash.

Edited by Sir Gio

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who is taking responsibility for the axe/guillotine, is this also against SFA rules, like the tennis balls. Feel this may incur a fine.

How did we feel about last weeks reserve game (which also meant diddly squat) when we had close to 40 shots on goal, not enough?

Albeit September is well in the rear mirror but did we not have a higher percentage of chances and statistically were the leaders of the league not just on points but several attacking elements?

And finally, very easy to dismantle something, but the age old question has never really been answered, who is it we really need. If there is better I'm up for it, but lets be realistic we are not and never will be awash with cash.

Maybe we should stop wasting it then. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

to start producing a team that gives our fans the team we deserve. I believe our team should sheet

far better considering the players we have. 

I don't know if you read the team sheet but while some injuries have cleared up we were without 2 full backs (Mitchell, Smith) and a key MF (Haring).  The latter might return soon but the others are likely to be out for a few weeks.  We are not wealthy enough to have absolute like - for - like replacements meaning we have had to ask some players to do jobs they are not best equipped to do.

Of those who have returned recently, do you not think it is reasonable to give them just a little more time to get up to speed eg Uche and Soapy?  The Motherwell game was lost by a fluke situation as was the Dundee game (Shaughnessy slip).  Maybe the keeper should have been wearing a cap when facing the sun and Shaughnessy might have worn boots with better grip but these things happen and it is easy to be wise after the event.

BTW why do you feel that anyone who does not agree with you needs an excuse?  The fact is injuries have disrupted us and prevented us from getting any semblance of a settled team.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Which players did you feel were poorest? Anybody catch your eye who played well? How did Vanacek’s fitness look?

The result tells you all you need to know about players attitude when they play for Hearts. No matter 

the opposition when you put that shirt on against anyone there is a certain standard that you should 

never fall below and this has happened too many times this season. In the past few years we’ve had 

“ It’s our first season in the top division”, “Give Cathro time”, “We need to get rid of Sammon, Martin

ect”. “Levein needs time to get his own team”, “It’s the new stand”,  “It’s injuries, after Levein stated 

he was happy with the Hearts squad” and this cracker “The size of our pitch”. You can go on and on

but eventually the excuses just don’t cut it anymore. How hard is it to have the Hearts teams of all 

age groups playing attractive attacking football that the fans would love to watch. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You say we are not and never will be awash with cash Kilmarnock beat us 1-0, St Mirren beat us 2-0, Livingston 

beat us 5-0,  Dundee beat us 2-1 and Motherwell beat us 2-1 this season and these clubs are awash with 

money................Not. On top of this how many games have you came away thinking we really played great 

football today ? Not many i’d bet.

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’ve never seen any manager get sacked due to a poor reserve team performance. ?

58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know if you read the team sheet but while some injuries have cleared up we were without 2 full backs (Mitchell, Smith) and a key MF (Haring).  The latter might return soon but the others are likely to be out for a few weeks.  We are not wealthy enough to have absolute like - for - like replacements meaning we have had to ask some players to do jobs they are not best equipped to do.

Of those who have returned recently, do you not think it is reasonable to give them just a little more time to get up to speed eg Uche and Soapy?  The Motherwell game was lost by a fluke situation as was the Dundee game (Shaughnessy slip).  Maybe the keeper should have been wearing a cap when facing the sun and Shaughnessy might have worn boots with better grip but these things happen and it is easy to be wise after the event.

BTW why do you feel that anyone who does not agree with you needs an excuse?  The fact is injuries have disrupted us and prevented us from getting any semblance of a settled team.

Injuries are a fact of life and all clubs are going to get them so when our manager tells the fans

he’s happy with the Hearts squad for the rest of the season was he wrong.

I’ve no idea why hearts fans are chuckling and making smart arsed comments when our second string get horsed off Aberdeen youths.  What is going on behind the scenes?

All the guff about giving youngsters a chance and budge being so proud was a load of shit too - they played because Cathro brought in a load of shite and we needed to paper the cracks with young players as an excuse now they don’t even get a shot unless someone is injured.

the Dof is failing miserably and is accountable for now 3 years of total rubbish bar one match against Celtic.  

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’ve no idea why hearts fans are chuckling and making smart arsed comments when our second string get horsed off Aberdeen youths.  What is going on behind the scenes?

All the guff about giving youngsters a chance and budge being so proud was a load of shit too - they played because Cathro brought in a load of shite and we needed to paper the cracks with young players as an excuse now they don’t even get a shot unless someone is injured.

the Dof is failing miserably and is accountable for now 3 years of total rubbish bar one match against Celtic.  

You must be quite a morose person if you can only identify one positive in three years. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve never seen any manager get sacked due to a poor reserve team performance. ?

It’s more than that it’s a thread right through the clubs teams. Good teams have a style

a swagger an attitude a confidence that breeds winners which gives you success.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You must be quite a morose person if you can only identify one positive in three years. 

And being morose is bad. Many great managers have been worse than that and had their 

teams playing attractive successful football. Inch Hearts is only expressing an opinion.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You say we are not and never will be awash with cash Kilmarnock beat us 1-0, St Mirren beat us 2-0, Livingston 

beat us 5-0,  Dundee beat us 2-1 and Motherwell beat us 2-1 this season and these clubs are awash with 

money................Not. On top of this how many games have you came away thinking we really played great 

football today ? Not many i’d bet.

We are above all of these bar Kilmarnock who we have a winning record against. I came away entertained and enthusiastic until late October when the injuries cut deep.

Regaining that positive vibes and play doesn't come with a magic wand. 

Bar Rangers and Celtic the rest of the league are scrapping. 

Ask Aberdeen fans about their home form to gauge 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Maybe we should stop wasting it then. 

Football is a high risk business. Look across the city to see money really being wasted. 

Or to Glasgow and even Aberdeen. 

Nobody has a flawless record with players 

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Never mind the U12's beat Rangers 5-2or3 at the weekend. 

I saw 45mins or so of that game. Hearts scored 4 without conceding while I was watching and were good value for it.  They were playing 9 a side on a shortened pitch.

Alongside, the remainder of the two squads played a 5 a side game in which Hearts were getting hammered. The teams had just made a string of substitutions just before I left. I suspect that Rangers came back into the game with the new faces.

I also saw Hearts U15s (2005s) lose 4-1 to a surprisingly "small" Rangers side at the weekend (barring their goalkeeper who was huge). Hearts heads went down far too quickly in that one.

Until yesterday the reserves had the best defensive record in the league and were on a very decent run of results. 

After yesterday only Celtic have a better defensive record and there is only 5 points between 2nd and 8th.

Yesterday was a poor result but the reaction from the usual suspects is absolutely chronic. .....AGAIN. 

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I saw 45mins or so of that game. Hearts scored 4 without conceding while I was watching and were good value for it.  They were playing 9 a side on a shortened pitch.

Alongside, the remainder of the two squads played a 5 a side game in which Hearts were getting hammered. The teams had just made a string of substitutions just before I left. I suspect that Rangers came back into the game with the new faces.

I also saw Hearts U15s (2005s) lose 4-1 to a surprisingly "small" Rangers side at the weekend (barring their goalkeeper who was huge). Hearts heads went down far too quickly in that one.

And yet Levein was praising the standard of players we have at our academy last week. Have we 

got a Job For The Boys problem at Hearts. Shouldn’t it be the best person we can get for the job.

No matter what anyone says Craig Levein Austin McPhee Jon Daly and Foxy are fire proof in their 

jobs. I among many others are losing patience with the playing side of Hearts. I really hope for all 

our sakes including the players Levein and his Bootroom get to grips with the job in hand and i’d 

be wanting a clear out from manager to the coaches if the team doesn’t reach the levels where we 

should be for size of club Hearts are. The end of this season would be the best time for Ann Budge 

to make what could be a decision that could transform the team into winners.

57 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And being morose is bad. Many great managers have been worse than that and had their 

teams playing attractive successful football. Inch Hearts is only expressing an opinion.

As am I. 

7 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Until yesterday the reserves had the best defensive record in the league and were on a very decent run of results. 

After yesterday only Celtic have a better defensive record and there is only 5 points between 2nd and 8th.

Yesterday was a poor result but the reaction from the usual suspects is absolutely chronic. .....AGAIN. 

For fringe first team players to put in such a performance is unacceptable. 

allanwilson1970

I was at the game yesterday as had day off, 5 hours on the road back and forth and a complete waste of time. Aberdeen were much younger and I think ended the game with half of their U17/18 team. Where do I start. Will try and be objective !

Kelby no chance for any goals but gave away a poor penalty (Garuccio fault)

Garuccio had a nightmare looked lost

Burns tried very hard and battled for every ball

Baur out of his depth and does not look comfortable

Petkov looked decent at CB and gave 100%

Irvine, ok on ball at times but gave away cheap too often, looks unable to tackle

Edwards, waste of space, was useless

Smith, was playing against a wee boy who was not 5 feet, subbed after around 60, enough said

Vanacek, same as Edwards

Keena, tried hard but no real service, too many high balls played to him

Wighton, same as Edwards

Was really dissapointing to see such a poor performance from this team. Forget the 40 quid it cost me to watch this dross. Kirk looked like his head was going to explode at full time.

The Future's Maroon

So now a reserve team defeat is enough to start the Budge/Levein/Hearty Harry oot calls?!

Ok?!

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I was at the game yesterday as had day off, 5 hours on the road back and forth and a complete waste of time. Aberdeen were much younger and I think ended the game with half of their U17/18 team. Where do I start. Will try and be objective !

Kelby no chance for any goals but gave away a poor penalty (Garuccio fault)

Garuccio had a nightmare looked lost

Burns tried very hard and battled for every ball

Baur out of his depth and does not look comfortable

Petkov looked decent at CB and gave 100%

Irvine, ok on ball at times but gave away cheap too often, looks unable to tackle

Edwards, waste of space, was useless

Smith, was playing against a wee boy who was not 5 feet, subbed after around 60, enough said

Vanacek, same as Edwards

Keena, tried hard but no real service, too many high balls played to him

Wighton, same as Edwards

Was really dissapointing to see such a poor performance from this team. Forget the 40 quid it cost me to watch this dross. Kirk looked like his head was going to explode at full time.

So we played like a bunch of clueless individuals with no system which Levein wanted all our teams to play. From kids to the first team he wants us to play the same way.........ok fair enough but it’s not working. I worry about the damage clueless coaches are doing to our players. For players to run about like headless chickens against kids is embarrassing for the club and I wonder what all our players work on at Riccarton. Our whole coaching/management needs to be made better and that can only happen with quality people in charge or we’ll never be at the races.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

So now a reserve team defeat is enough to start the Budge/Levein/Hearty Harry oot calls?!

Ok?!

That seems to be where we are at. ?

22 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Changes need to be made. 

You’re an utter slaver ?. Be quiet ffs.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Ok?!

These people are complete and utter imbeciles. We’re better ignoring their drivel. Quiet when doing well... says it all ?

Portable Badger
20 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

To lighten the mood, many years ago there was a female cook called Fannie Craddock.  She appeared once on Scotland Today and had a cooking slot where, towards the end of broadcast she made some donuts. 

At the end of the program, the legendary anchor, John Toye, said. 

'I hope all your donuts turn out to look like Fannie's".

?????

12 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

These people are complete and utter imbeciles. We’re better ignoring their drivel. Quiet when doing well... says it all ?

So the chap Allan who gave us his time and cash to watch the reserves is an imbecile is he? 

I think more than anyone on this thread his opinion is relevant and valid as had to suffer watching that crap in Aberdeen. The players that Levein has signed can’t beat a team of 17 / 18 year olds. Sorry but that’s not acceptable. 

You bury your head in the sand and continue to insult the fans that saved our club. That in my opinion makes you a complete Moron! 

allanwilson1970
33 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Thanks for your constructive feedback- I must be an imbecile as spent money and time to watch. Feedback was an honest assessment, we were shocking from the first to the last minute