Reserves away to Aberdeen 2pm 18th Feb

stuart500

11 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Thanks for your constructive feedback- I must be an imbecile as spent money and time to watch. Feedback was an honest assessment, we were shocking from the first to the last minute 

Allan, I wouldn’t worry to much about what he has to say. The minute you criticise anything on the park and how we are run as a club then he’s the first one to jump in.

thanks for your view on the game. Sadly not a lot of positives to take from it. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sandyk

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Thanks for your constructive feedback- I must be an imbecile as spent money and time to watch. Feedback was an honest assessment, we were shocking from the first to the last minute 

Fair play to you going up there yesterday and giving your report.  PHM.

What is worrying is that half that team yesterday were signed by Levein.  

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

So the chap Allan who gave us his time and cash to watch the reserves is an imbecile is he? 

I think more than anyone on this thread his opinion is relevant and valid as had to suffer watching that crap in Aberdeen. The players that Levein has signed can’t beat a team of 17 / 18 year olds. Sorry but that’s not acceptable. 

You bury your head in the sand and continue to insult the fans that saved our club. That in my opinion makes you a complete Moron! 

The chap Allan wasn't calling for heads to roll though.

He merely stated he was disappointed to have wasted his time.

57 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

He wasn't calling you an imbecile. 

You weren't the one calling for heads to roll at the top. 

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The result tells you all you need to know about players attitude when they play for Hearts. No matter 

the opposition when you put that shirt on against anyone there is a certain standard that you should 

never fall below and this has happened too many times this season. In the past few years we’ve had 

“ It’s our first season in the top division”, “Give Cathro time”, “We need to get rid of Sammon, Martin

ect”. “Levein needs time to get his own team”, “It’s the new stand”,  “It’s injuries, after Levein stated 

he was happy with the Hearts squad” and this cracker “The size of our pitch”. You can go on and on

but eventually the excuses just don’t cut it anymore. How hard is it to have the Hearts teams of all 

age groups playing attractive attacking football that the fans would love to watch. 

But focusing on the actual match...Which players did you feel were poorest? Anybody catch your eye who played well? How did Vanacek’s fitness look?

22 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

But focusing on the actual match...Which players did you feel were poorest? Anybody catch your eye who played well? How did Vanacek’s fitness look?

3rd time lucky with the question. ......still no answer. Says it all. 

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Injuries are a fact of life and all clubs are going to get them so when our manager tells the fans

he’s happy with the Hearts squad for the rest of the season was he wrong.

I know full well injuries are a fact of life - I'm not an idiot.

As I have said before we are not rich enough to have a like-for-like replacement for each position and when your 4 or 5 BEST players are out at the same time, ANY TEAM will struggle.  Can you not grasp that and stop your childish, petty- lipped moaning?

We were top of the league with a reasonably settled team before these injuries happened.  Uche, Haring, Berra, Brandon, Soapy to name but a few, suffered LONG TERM injuries with others such as Godinho, Dikamona, Morrison, Cochrane all missing from time to time for lesser periods.  That must upset the apple cart not only with necessary personnel changes but also trying to cover up the resulting deficiencies with format changes.

You also seem gullible enough to digest every word CL says in the press.  He could have said "I'd really like to go out and buy 5 new players but we don't have the money" and even if he had been able to do that, he would now be left with a surfeit of top players clicking their heels in the dressing-room and possibly causing unrest - not to mention the extra wages.  Is that what you want?

Were you even at yesterday's game or are you jumping on the wagon of others whose contributions suit your agenda?  (FWIW I wasn't at the game)

How depressing is it to hear our new striker, that was built up so much, after nearly 1.5 months to get up to speed looked absolutely useless against Aberdeen youths. 

So so depressing. 

8 hours ago, hearts00 said:

How depressing is it to hear our new striker, that was built up so much, after nearly 1.5 months to get up to speed looked absolutely useless against Aberdeen youths. 

So so depressing. 

Alternatively, maybe our new striker having played 90 minutes on his debut V Livingston (providing the assist for the winning goal) has responded badly to being publicly humiliated by his Manager and banished to playing with the kids.

11 hours ago, jambogemz said:

3rd time lucky with the question. ......still no answer. Says it all. 

Are you suggesting he’s went completely and utterly off the deep end about a “disgusting reserve team performance” when he didn’t even see the game...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1B1h4tlLdVVhHyjrw2B7

6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Alternatively, maybe our new striker having played 90 minutes on his debut V Livingston (providing the assist for the winning goal) has responded badly to being publicly humiliated by his Manager and banished to playing with the kids.

Banished or playing in games to get his match fitness up, something the player himself admitted when he also said the manager was correct to criticise his fitness after his holiday? 

Competing against Uche, Naismith, Keena for a forward space, I wouldn't view playing the reserves as being banished. 

7 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Banished or playing in games to get his match fitness up, something the player himself admitted when he also said the manager was correct to criticise his fitness after his holiday? 

Competing against Uche, Naismith, Keena for a forward space, I wouldn't view playing the reserves as being banished. 

Whilst clearly not 100% match fit v Livingston, he still had some promising moments and was far from the worst player on the pitch when hooked after 30 mins v Dundee... 3 days after playing the full 90 in our only win of the season v Livvy.

I struggle to see how his fitness will improve by not playing in the first team.  His record at Teplice shows he is a capable first team performer.

Hopefully Vanecek won't be the latest player sent into cold storage in the Levein era.

Edited by David McCaig

Funtime Jambo
19 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Young lad Currie replaced him and looked a far better player and also scored the 2nd goal.

Too many times we watch a Hearts player and although we know he's toiling we hear "He had some promising moments" "He's not fit" "He needs time" "He's lacking confidence".

Is this what our team has become a team of excuses continually underperforming.

Folk greeting over a reserve match :lol:

Had Doyle not chucked one in at the weekend nobody would have given a shit. 

Edited by Homme

19 minutes ago, Homme said:

That’s football. ?

18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Of course  we would. The topic and complaints are not about the defeat but the manner of it. So you think it is fine to put a strong team out against boys and be humiliated. Not good enough when we consider the investment in training facilities and the number of training and support staff we see trailing across the park at the start of games. Sometimes I wonder what is they all do because there is little evidence of improvement on the park for quite some time now.

3 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Of course  we would. The topic and complaints are not about the defeat but the manner of it. So you think it is fine to put a strong team out against boys and be humiliated. Not good enough when we consider the investment in training facilities and the number of training and support staff we see trailing across the park at the start of games. Sometimes I wonder what is they all do because there is little evidence of improvement on the park for quite some time now.

This

3 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

I didn't even know we played Aberdeen I a reserve match 3 days or so ago. Only found out about it and the score this afternoon. Furthermore I only really bother how our players play in first team matches. 

Now if it was St Mirren this weekend... 

23 hours ago, Markymark said:

So the chap Allan who gave us his time and cash to watch the reserves is an imbecile is he? 

I think more than anyone on this thread his opinion is relevant and valid as had to suffer watching that crap in Aberdeen. The players that Levein has signed can’t beat a team of 17 / 18 year olds. Sorry but that’s not acceptable. 

You bury your head in the sand and continue to insult the fans that saved our club. That in my opinion makes you a complete Moron! 

I remember a Hearts team with lots of 17/18/19 yr olds under Gary Locke beating a very good senior Aberdeen side (that got 2nd about 3 times in a row) in a competitive game or two. Not sure reserve games are worth getting too excited about either way.

Captain Canada

It was only one game but it's disappointing to hear how badly guys such as Garuccio, Edwards and Vanecek played. 

Yes we have a bigger squad this season but few players seem to be busting a gut to get into the first team. 

I wish we had 25 players with an attitude like Haring and Dikamona. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It was only one game but it's disappointing to hear how badly guys such as Garuccio, Edwards and Vanecek played. 

Yes we have a bigger squad this season but few players seem to be busting a gut to get into the first team. 

I wish we had 25 players with an attitude like Haring and Dikamona. 

Is it really a surprise that guys cold shouldered by Levein and then banished to the reserves  aren't pulling up trees?

Just now, David McCaig said:

Is it really a surprise that guys cold shouldered by Levein and then banished to the reserves  aren't pulling up trees?

Garruccio played on Sunday. Vanacek is supposed to be getting up to speed fitness wise. Who knows with Edwards.

2 hours ago, Homme said:

I'm not really sure they give a shit anyway, it just gives them something to moan on about.  That makes them happy!

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Garruccio played on Sunday. Vanacek is supposed to be getting up to speed fitness wise. Who knows with Edwards.

Levein clearly has an issue with Garuccio and Vanecek needs first team football not purgatory in the Youth Team.

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Is it really a surprise that guys cold shouldered by Levein and then banished to the reserves aren't pulling up trees? 

I'd have thought they'd all have a point to prove. Vanecek has only got himself to blame for his situation. 

They're still being paid by the club so should have a more professional attitude. I can't understand guys who become footballers and then don't show any appetite because it's a reserve game. Too many egos these days rather than just playing the game because they love it. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Levein clearly has an issue with Garuccio and Vanecek needs first team football not purgatory in the Youth Team.

What issue does he have if he played him? He doesn't see him as a LWB, just more of a LB, that's all.

Jig you need to wisen up, things are not good. The wage bill must be horrendous and look at how lopsided the first team squad is, then we have Zaneta, Moore coming back next season to further muddy the waters. Time we signed quality over quantity and am not convinced current football Department is capable of that based on this season's efforts, hopefully it can change but don't see it.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What issue does he have if he played him? He doesn't see him as a LWB, just more of a LB, that's all.

Levein turned his back on Garuccio as he walked off on Sunday.