Reserves away to Aberdeen 2pm 18th Feb

stuart500

Anyone going along to the Balmoral stadium for this?

Good chance to give Brandon, Wighton,  Vanacek etc some game time. Maybe Burns too if fit.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sandyk

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mason

garrucio

burns

petkov

baur

irving

edwards

smith

vanacek

Wighton 

keena

subs

currie

ritchie

hickey

logan

henderson

gajda 

interesting to see edwards in there. Also no bobby so maybe he’ll be back in as number one this weekend. 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

How can a team that I’d consider really strong as reserves go be getting beat 2-0 already

How strong is the Aberdeen team?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

How strong is the Aberdeen team?

Not as strong:

Craddock

Virtanen

Robertson

Campbell

Power

Turner

Brown

Barron

Dangana

Ross

Antoniazzi

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Not as strong:

Craddock

Virtanen

Robertson

Campbell

Power

Turner

Brown

Barron

Dangana

Ross

Antoniazzi

Yes, hardly heard of any of them.

Keeper sound like a ***** though.

Can't believe that a word sounding like ****** is barred.

Our filter is way too strict, how about "fffaaannnnyyyy"

Edited by graygo

Keena deserves a run of games in the first team. Knows where the net is.

Him and Uche would be a good partnership I reckon.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

Keena deserves a run of games in the first team. Knows where the net is.

Him and Uche would be a good partnership I reckon.

Was just saying that to a mate of mine, Keena and Uche up front, with McLean and Vanecek as back up, Naisy in behind with Djoum, Haring, Berra and Souttar as the spine, and Smith right back, take your pick for the rest which are areas we need to sort out imo. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Was just saying that to a mate of mine, Keena and Uche up front, with McLean and Vanecek as back up, Naisy in behind with Djoum, Haring, Berra and Souttar as the spine, and Smith right back, take your pick for the rest which are areas we need to sort out imo. 

You can forget abut Smith for the forseeable.

Vanacek not on bench yesterday made me think he had a knock. Obviously not his fitness not up to speed to get in first team squad yet.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Aberdeen seem to bring through good young players, I rate the boy on loan at Dundee.

Aye, how come we're not getting those players?

For clarity this is me being facetious. 

More

62' | 4-1 Goal Aberdeen, after some confusion. Ball is laid off to Campbell who hits it from outside the box, takes a deflection and evades Mason, hitting Edwards on its way through. Linesman had his flag up, but it's been over-ruled.

Some may say it's over-reaction but it's not great seeing a fairly experienced reserves XI getting humped rotten. In effect team Vs team it's as bad as the first string getting whipped 4-1 by Aberdeen (and it's not finished as I type this..)

:(

5 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Some may say it's over-reaction but it's not great seeing a fairly experienced reserves XI getting humped rotten. In effect team Vs team it's as bad as the first string getting whipped 4-1 by Aberdeen (and it's not finished as I type this..)

:cornette:

6 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Aye, it's just as bad.

:cornette_dog:

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, how come we're not getting those players?

For clarity this is me being facetious. 

Not sure but their guys look better than ours.

82' | 4-2 Goal Hearts! Ball played to Burns on the left-wing and the full-back crosses to the back-post, where a combination of Currie and Aberdeen's Robertson bundle it in.

Comeback is on. Where's Graham Weir???

Edited by Shug73

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks like I should have went with my gloves.

Dundee beaten 7-0 by Dundee United last week have taken another 8 off Hibs :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sending Garuccio all the way up here, the day after a red card, got a feeling he is very much on the naughty list. OG is not getting him off it either

48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, it's just as bad.

:cornette_dog:

Is it not? First X1 vs First X1 we'd expect a result.. are we happy for fringe players to not work to the same expectations?

Hey, all opinions - when I say 'as bad' I mean surely no level of players want to accept a drubbing....surely?

55 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

:cornette:

Disagree? I'm happy to be the odd one out but be it first team, reserves or kids - nobody wants to get gubbed 5-2 do they? Add in our string had a hefty slice of first team experience..

As above, all opinions, but I hope we don't run our club on 'reserve results don't matter'

5 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Is it not? First X1 vs First X1 we'd expect a result.. are we happy for fringe players to not work to the same expectations?

Hey, all opinions - when I say 'as bad' I mean surely no level of players want to accept a drubbing....surely?

This was a chance for fringe players to get into the 1st team and a few will have made sure that is not happening anytime soon.

41 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Disagree? I'm happy to be the odd one out but be it first team, reserves or kids - nobody wants to get gubbed 5-2 do they? Add in our string had a hefty slice of first team experience..

As above, all opinions, but I hope we don't run our club on 'reserve results don't matter'

It’s all about hunger from players, tenacity, just putting in what you need to , to enjoy the game.

Some of ours is questionable. 

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s all about hunger from players, tenacity, just putting in what you need to , to enjoy the game.

Some of ours is questionable. 

Exactly. I want our players to have the desire win every time they go out on the pitch no matter what. I get the impression that some just seem to go through the motions when they are turning out in these reserve games.