Cochrane Story?

alwaysthereinspirit

I'll be surprised if there is story as such.

What we need to remember is that Harry was introduced to1st team football much sooner than he was ready for as a result of circumstance.  It looks to me like Levein is allowing him to progress at the right rate for his body and development.

He has also had a series of niggling injuries that have held him back this season but he'll be back in the 1st team picture on occasions this season.  Along with McDonald and Connor Smith; he will be a huge player for us in the next 2/3 years.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Played for Scotland Under 19s yesterday from the start.

Aberdeen stopped Dean Campbell from attending, but think we chose the right option. Craig still remains hopeful over the next 2 years the young players will form an important part of the squad.

Patience being exercised this season

46 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Any one know what the deal is with him right now.

Playing for Scotland so obviously not injured.

17 year old lad who did well when brought into the team last year but was then totally over relied on and too much expectation was placed on his shoulders.

I very much doubt there is any story to this apart from him being allowed to develop properly in the youth ranks as he should be.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think he should get the chance to step into the breach if Djoum leaves us in the summer.

If he replaces Djoum next season we're ****ed. 

I understand the “patience” but it seems odd he is getting zero first team action, even against the likes of Talbot. 

We have three, fit, central midfielders in Cochrane, Edwards and Martin that are not getting near a first team start. Now obviously none of know what is going on behind closed doors and I certainly would not be building my team around the likes of Martin...but I also would have expected all of these guys to have some game time , if only to rotate squad and keep it fresh. 

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We weren’t ****ed when he covered for Djoum last season and controlled two derbies.

Levein is doing the right thing here.  A couple of weak performances and he’d be absolutely hounded by our support.  You just need to look at how Lee’s fortunes have turned.  He doesn’t need that at 17.  He’ll be a first team regular by the time he’s 20.  Levein’s trying to build a stable midfield for him to develop with and signing Haring (and possibly Djoum) up on longer deals can only do good for him.

alwaysthereinspirit

G

36 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Not good enough yet. Kicked and clobbered and injured. 

Calm down dears.

Thanks. Feel better already. Sometimes you just need someone more ASStute to point out the obvious and open your eyes. 

JKB always fulfills a need.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We weren’t ****ed when he covered for Djoum last season and controlled two derbies.

Levein is doing the right thing here.  A couple of weak performances and he’d be absolutely hounded by our support.  You just need to look at how Lee’s fortunes have turned.  He doesn’t need that at 17.  He’ll be a first team regular by the time he’s 20.  Levein’s trying to build a stable midfield for him to develop with and signing Haring (and possibly Djoum) up on longer deals can only do good for him.

Agreed well said

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

How?

I have watched Djoum since his arrival and I wont shed a tear if/when he goes. I know some on here have an erection for him but I can take him or leave him. He makes the simplist things look really complicated & difficult. Frustrates the life out of me BECAUSE I know he’s better than that. 

The drive and energy that Harry Cochrane brings is sorely missing. Who in our midfield currently do you feel will make something happen when he gets the ball? Nobody! You almost feel as if the magic happens when Harry starts driving forward. 

I’m not worried about giving him a run in the first team. 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Djoum was playing in the 1-0 cup win. 

You have to make 30 appearances before you get into the first team dressing room. I believe Cochrane is on 26. You could argue that any inclination that they've made it already is a rocky road to go down

joondalupjambo
33 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

17 year old lad who did well when brought into the team last year but was then totally over relied on and too much expectation was placed on his shoulders.

I very much doubt there is any story to this apart from him being allowed to develop properly in the youth ranks as he should be.

Agree with that.  When he played at Dundee away last season, think that was his debut, I thought it was some wee boy who had stolen a team jersey and was on the pitch having a laugh before kick off :rolleyes2:   Then the game started and he was still on the pitch.

Plenty of time for him as long as he does not get impatient or up himself and wants away.   Hopefully a good loan spell at some point will help him, ICT next season if they are still in the Championship anyone?

4 minutes ago, Hurooba said:

I’d rather have Cochrane playing than watch Lee wander around.

Bruce Lee’s feckin skeleton moves faster.

55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

How?

I have watched Djoum since his arrival and I wont shed a tear if/when he goes. I know some on here have an erection for him but I can take him or leave him. He makes the simplist things look really complicated & difficult. Frustrates the life out of me BECAUSE I know he’s better than that. 

The drive and energy that Harry Cochrane brings is sorely missing. Who in our midfield currently do you feel will make something happen when he gets the ball? Nobody! You almost feel as if the magic happens when Harry starts driving forward. 

Agree with this.

There is wrapping in cotton wool and then there is stalling his progress.

51 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He should have at least had been loaned out if there's no intention to play him this season. 

Probably would have been at some point if it wasn’t for the injuries 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

How?

Djoum has been one of our best four players this year and will be a massive loss if he goes.  Would love to see Harry involved more though.

Given the number of absolute hammer throwers in the rest of the league, I would imaging that CL is being careful with a valuable asset.

haveyouheard 22

Some Managers get lucky with young talent, and take all the credit when it goes good

Cochrane when fit should have whole season water finds its level

Member Hoddle with Michael Owen

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Djoum was playing in the 1-0 cup win. 

So he was.  My bad.  Still doesn’t change my view on the lad though.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agree with this.

There is wrapping in cotton wool and then there is stalling his progress.

Stalling progress at 17 cause he isnt being played in the first team ? come on now thats just being silly.

3 hours ago, siegementality said:

If you are good enough, you are old enough. Harry is good enough.

In a league where you get no time on the ball and kicked the shite out of i’d say a little caution is fine.

He has also had injuries.

Captain Bubblebeard
4 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

You have to make 30 appearances before you get into the first team dressing room. I believe Cochrane is on 26. You could argue that any inclination that they've made it already is a rocky road to go down

Good fact. Never knew that. How does that work in practice? Presumably just at training and the youth team have different changing rooms?

1 hour ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Some Managers get lucky with young talent, and take all the credit when it goes good

Remember how ruined Owen became because of injuries?

Wayne Rooney followed a similar route.

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

How?

Djoum has been absolutely outstanding since he came back from injury!!!

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

How?

If we want to challenge at the top, replacing Djoum with Cochrane for next season won't help that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I never said don't play him. 

I said if we replace Djoum with Cochrane next season we are ****ed. It would be a massive step backward. 

1 hour ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Three sentences and I haven't got a clue what any of them mean.

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

But would be better than Lee or Bozanic so swings and roundabouts.

haveyouheard 22
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Three sentences and I haven't got a clue what any of them mean.

I slaver shit, but it makes sense to me 

6 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I slaver shit, but it makes sense to me 

I've worked out the last part, you meant "remember" instead of "member"

Still trying to get the rest.

Edit: Second part - No player gets a whole season to "find their level"

ps. I'm fluent in shit and still struggling.

Edited by graygo

Pasquale for King

He seems to have grown a little bit needs to bulk up all over, he’s being targeted in reserve games and I think at least 3 Hibs players have been booked/sent off for bad challenges on him on two games. 

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've worked out the last part, you meant "remember" instead of "member"

Still trying to get the rest.

Edit: Second part - No player gets a whole season to "find their level"

Sure Fergie would say otherwise 

43 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Stalling progress at 17 cause he isnt being played in the first team ? come on now thats just being silly.

He did well last year so I don’t see the sense in not giving him any game time at all. 

We cant always predict or choose when a player will break through but we should take advantage of it when it happens. I recall Gary Naysmith got thrown in as a kid and he never looked back. 

56 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

In a league where you get no time on the ball and kicked the shite out of i’d say a little caution is fine.

He has also had injuries.

Injuries most likely caused by playing too much last season while his body was developing. Have no issue with him taking more of a back seat this season to allow him time to build the strength and endurance required to play week in week out in the future.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

But would be better than Lee or Bozanic so swings and roundabouts.

Not sure tbh. 

Cochrane has good potential and can play a part but don't think he's ready to be a regular. 

Lee has a decent return and Imo is decent, but he's not as good as Djoum either. 

44 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I never said don't play him. 

I said if we replace Djoum with Cochrane next season we are ****ed. It would be a massive step backward. 

It really wouldn’t be.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ribble said:

It really wouldn’t be.

Opinions in guess. 

I in no way think Cochrane at 17/18 is ready to be a regular for us or replace our best midfielder. 

Some may disagree. 

I'd be surprised if we don't sign a replacement for him and even more Suprised is Cochrane was his replacement. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Spent a good bit injured and a good bit with Scotland. 

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story 

Psychedelicropcircle
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

If you are good enough, you are old enough. Harry is good enough.

That’s wot brenda says before the 4-0 then after the next game at darkheid  say should Craig be playing boys against a champions league side ( even though they’d failed that comp & where in the uefa  )much like now...for a few more days anyway?