Malaury Martin

Morgan

We were over the border this morning and stopped off for a coffee.  Noticed a young bloke with his girlfriend sitting near us wearing a Hearts training top, with the number 88 on it.

Curiosity got the better of me and I asked him what the story was.  I told him we were from Edinburgh and supported Hearts.

"My brother-in-law played for Hearts and gave me his tracksuit" he told us in broken English.  'You will know him" he continued, "he was a great Hearts player".

I asked who it was.

"Malaury Martin" he says.

I shook his hand and returned to my coffee. :) 

3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

So this girlfriend must've been Martins sister, right? 

:ruiner:

Yay or nay? 

not necessarily martin might be married to the boys sister

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not necessarily martin might be married to the boys sister

Thought about that after posting but I'd already committed to it

4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

So this girlfriend must've been Martins sister, right? 

:ruiner:

Yay or nay? 

Not necessarily.

The bloke I spoke with today, his sister is married to Martin.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not necessarily.

The bloke I spoke with today, his sister is married to Martin.

@milky_26 1

Thommo 0

Edited by Thommo414

8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

? Good story to brighten up an otherwise dreich and disappointing day Morgan. Cheers.

?

He was a really nice guy and I'm sure it was just his English letting him down a wee bit. 

I hope!!

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

?

He was a really nice guy and I'm sure it was just his English letting him down a wee bit. 

I hope!!

What ? You mean MM isn't really a Hearts great ?

been here before

I saw Malaury Martin last week, infact I sat next to him on one of those old fashioned school benches by the side of the academy pitch last Sunday. He was dressed in the Hearts gear but it still took me a while to place him. Thought it was perhaps someone I sat near at Tynecastle.

Heard him ask someone about Morton and thought perhaps he was heading through on a loan deal. I tjen found out the reserves were playing them the next day.

I dont think he featured

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Can he play LB or in goals?

He must be a better option, surely.

Anyway @Morgan, where in Northumberland were you?

Very good, Tommy!  :lol: 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

We were over the border this morning and stopped off for a coffee.  Noticed a young bloke with his girlfriend sitting near us wearing a Hearts training top, with the number 88 on it.

Curiosity got the better of me and I asked him what the story was.  I told him we were from Edinburgh and supported Hearts.

"My brother-in-law played for Hearts and gave me his tracksuit" he told us in broken English.  'You will know him" he continued, "he was a great Hearts player".

I asked who it was.

You should have told him the truth?

Jean Louis Valois

Its unbelievable that he is still our player, I can’t understand how a professional football player can be happy staying somewhere he obviously isn’t wanted. 

Bit annoyed by Martin. I want to like him, he seemed like he genuinely wanted to give things a go here but its just not worked out for him. Although, I wish he'd do the decent and dignified thing and accept things haven't went well, he has no future here and finds another club. 

26 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Its unbelievable that he is still our player, I can’t understand how a professional football player can be happy staying somewhere he obviously isn’t wanted. 

Money.

:sad: 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

:munny:

32 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

You should have told him the truth?

:lol: 

I know, but why upset someone needlessly?

He seemed quite proud, and enjoyed telling me that his brother-in-law had also played for Monaco.

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Apart from the money?

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Imagine we turn up for the cup match at Partick and our centre midfield is Martin and Edwards. 

Time to unleash the Force !

Stop!

Too much.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Imagine we turn up for the cup match at Partick and our centre midfield is Martin and Edwards. 

Time to unleash the Force !

Just play big Czech Dave upfront also and we’ve got a team there........

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

I know, but why upset someone needlessly?

He seemed quite proud, and enjoyed telling me that his brother-in-law had also played for Monaco.

Doesn't stop you on here! ::troll::

In a world where some are certain Sean Clare will be a Hearts legend, maybe there is still potential for Martin to become a Hearts great. 

heartgarfunkel
19 minutes ago, Peebo said:

In a world where some are certain Sean Clare will be a Hearts legend, maybe there is still potential for Martin to become a Hearts great. 

Albert Einstein couldn’t talk until he was 34. Or 8. It can still happen.

We are all married to Malaury Martin. 

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

"My brother-in-law played for Hearts and gave me his tracksuit" he told us in broken English.  'You will know him" he continued, "he was a great Hearts bench warmer and waste of a wage".

I asked who it was.

FTFY Morgan

Cheers ?

5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Keep a look out for the boy next year @Morgan. See if he's sporting a Cowdenbeath or Berwick Rangers trackie.

Will do, L. ?

5 hours ago, merrymac said:

FTFY Morgan

Cheers ?

?

Siphiwe Tshabalala
8 hours ago, Peebo said:

Sadly, I agree.

King Of The Cat Cafe

MM's problem, as I see it, is that even if he is content to sit it out at Hearts and bank his pay each month, what happens when his contract comes to an end?

He is 30; an age at which a player would normally be looking ahead to four or five more years in the game.

How is he going to impress any new club?  He has played about 120 games for nine clubs in 12 years.  Unless he has been retraining as a plumber, I cannot see how he will ever again get a wage as good as that at Hearts.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You should have told him that your brother in law is a lazy, bone idle, twat and has a wife who is built like the Maybury roundabout.

But you are far too polite for that, mon ami. 

:wink:

You're right, I should have.  :wink:

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

He's at least scores for hearts. More than can be said for some.

But then so did Witteveen

I recall it was a game against Rangers where he mishit it so badly it deceived the goalkeeper. 

been here before

Anyone ever seen Malaury Martin and Uche together at the same time?

Have ye?

Now Im not suggesting anything here, more just putting it out there

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Have ye?

That Martin is scared of Uche? Not surprised. 

28 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I recall it was a game against Rangers where he mishit it so badly it deceived the goalkeeper. 

Actually, and rather annoyingly because it made me think we had something with him, it was a decent goal. Played a lovely 1,2 and made a good run on into the box and struck it quite well. McGregor made a total ***** of it but it was a good low shot and on target, if you do that there's always a chance you might score.

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Actually, and rather annoyingly because it made me think we had something with him, it was a decent goal. Played a lovely 1,2 and made a good run on into the box and struck it quite well. McGregor made a total ***** of it but it was a good low shot and on target, if you do that there's always a chance you might score.

Mmm that is not the way I saw it. The first time I watched him in a pre-season friendly against Bolton I think ,I thought what have we got here. In all my years watching Hearts that is up there as the worst signing ever.

57 minutes ago, been here before said:

Have ye?

:conspiracy: 

On 17/02/2019 at 17:59, Morgan said:

I asked who it was.

I have Gowsers old hearts waterproof top. 

:verysmug: