Half time incident

lsimp77

Motherwell’s “ultras” went a bit mental just as the half time whistle blew and it seemed to “kick off” for a moment between them and the Hearts fans close to the home end, anyone have any idea of what happened? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Governor Tarkin

• redm

• William H. Bonney

They were doing their second thunderclap for the guy who killed himself and some of our end starting singing the Hearts' song. Was a little disrespectful but rather amusing.

They were doing a tribute to a fan who died,  just before half time and our end started singing through it so I suspect that’s what they were not happy with. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

By which, you mean children?

Same thing tbf. Anyone who partakes in that stuff and is over the age of 16 is for the watching. 

11 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Same thing tbf. Anyone who partakes in that stuff and is over the age of 16 is for the watching. 

Tbf I thought it was all wee bairns...then when they tried running towards our end I'm sure half the guys were in their 50s. Tragic

9 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Tbf I thought it was all wee bairns...then when they tried running towards our end I'm sure half the guys were in their 50s. Tragic

I'm just over 50.

Still like a wee pagger myself .

Admittedly I am slightly tragic with a twist of cool.

?

1 minute ago, jake said:

I'm just over 50.

Still like a wee pagger myself .

Admittedly I am slightly tragic with a twist of cool.

?

Are you hanging about with unrelated 14 year olds at the same time though? :lol:

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Are you hanging about with unrelated 14 year olds at the same time though? :lol:

No.

I've got 4 kids most of whom are twice that age.

Last thing I want around me is anyone else's teenagers.

Plus I've took a few second prizes so no top boy.

Still the odd punch up I firmly believe is good for you.

?

1 minute ago, jake said:

No.

?

After yesterday's display at Haydock Park, a day out at the horse racing might be for you jake?

4 minutes ago, jake said:

No.

?

Any way to keep the blood pumping 

SpruceBringsteen
43 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Not really sure how we were supposed to even know that's what it was for. 

Reading on Twitter that some folk were singing "He's deid" at them, so tbh...

haveyouheard 22

Elderly female stewards left to deal with a lot of the trouble at Haydock , now thats shocking ..I'll guess it was Scousers fighting

Edited by haveyouheard 22

6 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Any way to keep the blood pumping 

Just spend an evening on here after a defeat that’ll keep the blood pumping. @jake no idea how you can be arse last time i had a pagger was at work wi 5 polish lads about 4year ago n I could not be arsed then never mind now im in my 40s

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That's sad if true. Tributes for random people at football matches is odd behaviour and not something I agree with but I wouldn't disrepst it. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I don't mind jake. But still wanting a fight in your 40's, never mind 50's, is truly one of the more tragic things I've read on here.

Still. Variety's the spice of life.

I'm 40 in 2 months. Looks like I'll need to go on a wee rampage before, to get it out my system. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

I'm 40 in 2 months. Looks like I'll need to go on a wee rampage before, to get it out my system. 

Don’t do it.....

Turn 40 I mean....

Honestly no idea how anyone can be arsed fighting at the best of times. I can look after myself as mentioned and like i say to **** with that unless my life or my family are at risk.

Салатные палочки

Apparently it was all "Well documented" that the two tributes were happening but I suppose if you don't follow Motherwell bois or whatever on twitter then I have no idea how you were supposed to know. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't mind jake. But still wanting a fight in your 40's, never mind 50's, is truly one of the more tragic things I've read on here.

Still. Variety's the spice of life.

I don’t either. Rather get my spice from cayenne on my millet or cinammon on my oats than a pagger

9 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If true I hope they are banned 

48 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Never heard of a Motherwell thunder clap and had no idea they were doing one. Fail to see the issue. 

Never heard of Motherwell thunderclap that  their fans used against Stjarnan in their 2014 Europa League qualifier and was copied by the Iceland national team fans?

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If true I hope they are banned 

Came up on the match thread Angela who posted it on twitter is as big a jambo as you’ll meet. Lovely lass aswell no chance she’d say it if it didn’t happen. Got the usual twitter n jkb reaction. She said was a bunch of kids few rows in front of her. Still unacceptable but not sure what we can really do about that kind of idiocy. (In terms of identifying them etc , we all know we have a few knobs in the away support as its harder to “police”)

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Came up on the match thread Angela who posted it on twitter is as big a jambo as you’ll meet. Lovely lass aswell no chance she’d say it if it didn’t happen. Got the usual twitter n jkb reaction. She said was a bunch of kids few rows in front of her. Still unacceptable but not sure what we can really do about that kind of idiocy.

If anyone recorded it or took photos send them to the club and they will look into it

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

What tune woud you sing "he's deid" too?

Serious question.

He’s deid n u know he is??? Or just chant he’s deid... not sure thats the important bit though

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If anyone recorded it or took photos send them to the club and they will look into it

I understand that but need a bit of balance with that. The club have an almost impossible job of policing tickets for away games. For instance i know 3people who were at the derby despite not being near tynie in 3/4 years. But people with lps managed to get them tickets. 

27 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

After yesterday's display at Haydock Park, a day out at the horse racing might be for you jake?

? 

I've got enough bad habits buddy

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

He’s deid n u know he is??? Or just chant he’s deid... not sure thats the important bit though

It's not the important bit, I was just curious.

Just read your post about the person who posted about it, pathetic from a section of our support again.

9 minutes ago, geomac said:

Never heard of Motherwell thunderclap that  their fans used against Stjarnan in their 2014 Europa League qualifier and was copied by the Iceland national team fans?

Nope? Didn’t watch Motherwell in a europa league qualifier

1 minute ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Nope? Didn’t watch Motherwell in a europa league qualifier

Fair enough, neither did I, it was quite widely reported though where a lot of people read about it.

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Apparently it was all "Well documented" that the two tributes were happening but I suppose if you don't follow Motherwell bois or whatever on twitter then I have no idea how you were supposed to know. 

They keep referring to it as a silence on Twitter as well. Most of their Ultras spent the full match watching the Hearts fans rather than the game, they were looking to be offended, even during their thunder clap. They had two thunder claps, so they wanted Hearts fans to be quiet for two minutes during the game, they would have been offended if we scored during they minutes as well. They weren’t offended by people singing ‘he’s died’ they were offended by what sounds like one idiot booing then got massively offended by the Hearts song, the Hearts song seemed to offend them more. I was at the other of the stand so couldn’t hear the ‘he’s died’ chant but I hoping Hearts fans wouldn’t lie about it but there is a few on here who would prefer if it was true to fit their agendas. There is a video on twitter of their fans getting offended and no signs of ‘he’s died’ chants, although the Twitter posts I have seen have said the chants came at the first tribute when the Motherwell fans didn’t seem to get offended.

14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

?

My half sister

If they are going to have a tribute that all fans can join in, I don't think that thunderclap thing is the best idea. 

A few people around me were happy to clap as per the usual minute of applause but when they started that, we stopped and let them get on with it themselves.

Second time around, Hearts were playing well and chasing a goal just before half time. In my opinion, us singing the Hearts song was not disrespectful. How do you know when that thunderclap thing ends, was it exactly a minute?

It looked like they were wanting to be offended. Next time, (hopefully there won't be one, ) I suggest they stick to tradition and they'll get the response the dead people deserve

38 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

That's sad if true. Tributes for random people at football matches is odd behaviour and not something I agree with but I wouldn't disrepst it. 

34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I saw something during the week but had forgotten. Thought it was meant to happen earlier in the game. 

Not sure how Hearts fans were meant to know. And doing something that is a normal fans' thing to support their team is a bit too clever. Usually it's just applause then it is very clear it's a mark of respect.

I'm not having it without evidence there was abuse especially as stewards told me Hearts fans did nothing wrong. 

48 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That's fake news. Some 'prominent person' tweeted it but let's see / hear some evidence. 

Motherwell games are getting a name for allegations against Hearts fans. 

Most likely for now it didn't happen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I lost any respect for these bellends when Phil O Donnell sadly passed away. 

Showed them every possible respect to be met with nothing but vitriol in the replay.

Far too much of these things going on. Last game of the season should be the day to remember lost fans

The first thunderclap in the 22nd minute was for a young guy who comitted suicide who was 22 and a popular member of their ultra section. The second thunderclap in the 44th minute was for a 44 year old man who also took his own life. Saw it being talked about on a few of the Scottish football pages on Facebook so knew what was happening but can’t blame everyone else for not knowing. Real epidemic right now that seems to be hitting Lanarkshire hard in particular. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I lost any respect for these bellends when Phil O Donnell sadly passed away. 

Showed them every possible respect to be met with nothing but vitriol in the replay.

Far too much of these things going on. Last game of the season should be the day to remember lost fans

That's been mentioned before and I'm sure some club did it against us, maybe St Mirren, Good idea.

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Hard to know what was going on with all they banners telling you what was going on.

Well I didn't see any banners 

Depends where you were 

2 hours ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Never heard of a Motherwell thunder clap and had no idea they were doing one. Fail to see the issue. 

Motherwell thunderclap...I thought it was some super strength STI from south Lanarkshire. Then I realised that it was a horrible affliction...which is more or less the same thing as a Motherwell fan 

12 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Hard to know what was going on with all they banners telling you what was going on.

Unlike like Motherwell fans I don’t think the majority of Hearts fans spend the full match watching the opposition fans.

Edited by Uche Gang

Ricardo Shillyshally
3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I never really knew what was going on as I was watching the game, not wee laddie's with banners. 

SpruceBringsteen

Well it's case wrapped up then, lads. Motherwell fans, during a tribute to two of their own passing away, lost their shit for absolutely no reason because some folk didn't see a couple of big banners and a well known Jambo with no reason to lie is the new Robert Ripley. Close this thread! :lol:

been here before
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thats about the size if it 

Barely a week goes by there's not a minute silence/applause for some random with a tale of woe.

Time was a minutes silence held at the last game of the season for people to make their own relections.