Hurry up the new BBC Scotland channel.

ri Alban

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So you think terrestrial TV since say 1970 has had a fair balance nationally with content made in Scotland airing on the BBC/ITV networks (Not BBC Scotland STV regionals)?

Programmes selected? You want a comprehensive list of every TV show aired since 1970? Really?

Its as if the UK Nationalists dont understand English. 

Lets be honest here.  Content is either good enough or it isn't.  Still Game went nationwide for a reason and Limmy hasn't.

We aren't independent so UK news should take priority over Reporting Glasgow.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• frankblack

• Maroon Sailor

• Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки
15 hours ago, frankblack said:

Lets be honest here.  Content is either good enough or it isn't.  Still Game went nationwide for a reason and Limmy hasn't.

We aren't independent so UK news should take priority over Reporting Glasgow.

Yet you could say Limmy has been more successful outside of Scotland than Still Game. Live shows in London, appearing on Charlie Bookers programme, interviews with Richard Herring, two or three pretty successful books. 

Unfortunately Still Game watered down for the English audience didn't have the same impact as the earlier series did up here and I'm pretty sure it's been pulled down south. Limmy's comedy isn't 100% "weegie-centric" and therefore more people in England can relate to it. 

manaliveits105

will Elaine C Smith and Ally Bain be wheeled out - River flukin City - please !

hopefully lots of documentaries about how people make Glesca (shit)

Total waste 

On 18/02/2019 at 23:16, Pans Jambo said:

It’ll be chronic because:

1 Its the BBC

2 Jackie Bird will be all over it

3 It’ll be all Glaswegian accents. Always

4 Anything sport will be Rangers or Celtic or Scotland only

5 The presenters will be absolutely nobodies

6 The presenter will absolutely Glaswegian

7 The Scottish cringe will even cringe at this. 

8 Its the BBC

9 Shellsuit Bob et-al will be on it

10 Gary Linneker will still earn more than its entire budget for the year

11 The writers will be the same folk that do the New Year shows

12 Thingamajig will probably make comeback

13 Its the BBC

Your number 10 should be number 1 on your list. This will result in the rest of your list happening and most likely the channel being shite.

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

will Elaine C Smith and Ally Bain be wheeled out - River flukin City - please !

hopefully lots of documentaries about how people make Glesca (shit)

Total waste 

I love the seethe Glasgow produces on this forum :laugh2:

Geoff the Mince

Probably have lots of airtime for buckfast swilling toothless weegies , or wellie boot wearing voyeurs with border collies . Cannae wait ! 

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yet you could say Limmy has been more successful outside of Scotland than Still Game. Live shows in London, appearing on Charlie Bookers programme, interviews with Richard Herring, two or three pretty successful books. 

Unfortunately Still Game watered down for the English audience didn't have the same impact as the earlier series did up here and I'm pretty sure it's been pulled down south. Limmy's comedy isn't 100% "weegie-centric" and therefore more people in England can relate to it. 

If Limmy was funny he would be passible.  He isn't though, his show is dire.

16 hours ago, frankblack said:

If Limmy was funny he would be passible.  He isn't though, his show is dire.

Limmy, and his show, are absolutely excellent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if they will show lots of that ridiculously overrated Still Game on it. To be fair to Still game, it is belly busting, tear streaming down the eyes cardiac arrest inducing laughter compared to the Irish offering of Mrs Brown's boys.

You can say "feckin" and you are not really swearing

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Wonder if they will show lots of that ridiculously overrated Still Game on it. To be fair to Still game, it is belly busting, tear streaming down the eyes cardiac arrest inducing laughter compared to the Irish offering of Mrs Brown's boys.

Bridge of Djoum

Anyone who thinks Limmy is funny need taken out the back, ****** and burned, then shot. 

Chronically unfunny, unless of course your style of humor is a guy pulling faces and talking in several Glaswegian styles.

TBF though, he'll fit right right in on that new channel as it's bound to be shortbread tin levels of embarrassment. Can't wait for Only an Excuse to be on 5 nights a week for 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Anyone who thinks Limmy is funny need taken out the back, ****** and burned, then shot. 

Chronically unfunny, unless of course your style of humor is a guy pulling faces and talking in several Glaswegian styles.

TBF though, he'll fit right right in on that new channel as it's bound to be shortbread tin levels of embarrassment. Can't wait for Only an Excuse to be on 5 nights a week for 2 hours. 

Agreed, he’s tragic. 

Spot on.

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The chronic mrs browns boys is a BBC Scotland production made at Pacific Quay

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The chronic mrs browns boys is a BBC Scotland production made at Pacific Quay

Why does this not surprise me.

Do you know they say "feckin" a lot?

Maroon Sailor

See there's a programme about Glasgow Central station coming up

Couldn't have been at Waverley could it ?

The GBC budget won't stretch out of a G postcode

The opening ceremony of the Commonwealth games in Glasgow is proof that even with a very good budget we still make amateur productions.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Anyone watched that The Grey Area yet? 

Watched about 2 minutes the other day purely for the purpose of confirming it would be as awful as I expected.

Knew the guy that directed it a few years back and still he can't get out of writing about drugs and poverty over and over again 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I've never agreed with anyone as wholeheartedly on here as I do about this

Maroon Sailor

BBC Scotland

Aussie co presenting the football

Yank reporter doing a feature on Dundee United

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

BBC Scotland

Aussie co presenting the football

Yank reporter doing a feature on Dundee United

Anything is better than Jonathan Sutherland. 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The opening ceremony of the Commonwealth games in Glasgow is proof that even with a very good budget we still make amateur productions.

To be fair, Mylo played a great set that night. 

Салатные палочки

So much hate for Limmy.  Probably from folk with Dad's Army box sets. 

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Anyone watched that The Grey Area yet? 

Yeah, utter pish. 

Absolutely tragic acting all the way through too. 

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

See there's a programme about Glasgow Central station coming up

Couldn't have been at Waverley could it ?

The GBC budget won't stretch out of a G postcode

Aye cause The New Question time isn't in Edinburgh, oh wait...

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why does this not surprise me.

Do you know they say "feckin" a lot?

It's utter pish.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Correct, but most of it isn't very good. But what do people expect from a homemade YouTube show. 

11 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Spot on.

10 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Agreed, he’s tragic. 

^^^

I like his impression of yer Edinburgh/East coast accent. All that was missing was a sheep.

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye cause The New Question time isn't in Edinburgh, oh wait...

Too intellectual for Glasgow.  Dae ye fink Sel-Tuck will win ten in a row an aw that ? Whoat dae ye fink o Bren-dun Rodgers fecking aff tae Less-Turr ?

BBC Scotland, made in Glasgow, for the people of Glasgow

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Too intellectual for Glasgow.  Dae ye fink Sel-Tuck will win ten in a row an aw that ? Whoat dae ye fink o Bren-dun Rodgers fecking aff tae Less-Turr ?

Correct 

Nookie Bear

Just seems like overkill. 

There is definitrly a need for a proper Scottish news programme earlier than 10.30pm but the other local output is weak and in no way can sustain 5 hours per night. 

Bridge of Djoum
15 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

You're right.

That scene he did where he shouted, then turned round and he was shouting from a different position and so on and on and on and on and...zzzzzzzz.

Quite how that skit didn't win every award ever is baffling. 

Limmy is ''comedy'' for the new age student and ***** who rarely leave the house due to the fact the lift in their high rise has been vandalized again. 

Салатные палочки
17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're right.

That scene he did where he shouted, then turned round and he was shouting from a different position and so on and on and on and on and...zzzzzzzz.

Quite how that skit didn't win every award ever is baffling. 

Limmy is ''comedy'' for the new age student and ***** who rarely leave the house due to the fact the lift in their high rise has been vandalized again

Well I'm neither. 

You need to think with the left side of your brain more BOD. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Well I'm neither. 

You need to think with the left side of your brain more BOD. 

You're on the 1st floor??

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

:lol: 

Салатные палочки

You're on the 1st floor??

Maisonette actually :toff:

Bridge of Djoum

In the interest of fairness and in the hope I was maybe harsh on Limmy...I decided to watch one of his full shows. 

IT IS ******* SHITE!.

The trainer skit around 24 minutes was a particular highlight.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Салатные палочки
20 hours ago, Herbert said:

I just watched burniston and it was pretty good, a few scenes were pish but I had tears rolling down my face for some. The munchy box was quality.

https://youtu.be/gd44JZsPrkc

Burnistoun was good. Wish they would do a new series rather than one offs. 

I only learned recently that Iain Connell and Robert Florence wrote a good few sketches for Chewin the Fat.

Debate Night was  good. A wee change from people shouting at each other on Question Time.

On 01/03/2019 at 14:35, Maroon Sailor said:

Box office

Wee bit of a snobby comment to make MS. Ayr need the points to ensure they stay in the play off places after a storming start to the season, and Falkirk are desperate for a result to keep them out of the relegation zone. It’s an important game for both clubs and should be a decent one. Sarcastically calling it ‘box office’ smacks of someone who thinks that fitbaw begins and ends with Sky Super Dooper Sunday. The BBC isn’t a commercial station, it doesn’t have to ensure the games they televise are ‘box office’. I like the fact that I’m getting to see games and players that I wouldn’t normally get to see, in what is shaping up to be a great league this year. 

Genuinely not trying to be a smart so I hope it doesn’t come across that way, but this thread is full of the good auld Scottish cringe, from the programmes being shown to the games being covered. And it makes for shit reading. 

The channel itself will will no doubt take a while to bed in, but one look at Twitter on its launch night showed loads of ‘its shite/its tartan tat/its weegie pish’ type comments, a mere couple of hours after it launched. What chance has it got when punters are almost pre conditioned to talk down anything Scottish before a baw is even kicked?

Once again MS, even though I’ve quoted you I hope you’ll appreciate my point was more a general one than aimed at you specifically. Your comment just happened to be a decent illustration of he point I was trying to make ??

Anyway, I wish this channel aw the best...and look forward to the fitbaw the morn ?