The red card.

DVB

Really strange way to try and win the ball. Totally unnecessary and gave the ref something to think about . Normal sliding tackle would have done the job.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Phil Dunphy

• jamboj

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

As have I. His other leg comes round (bent btw) because how else does his leg bend?

Please stay away from sharp objects if you think that's how scissors work.

Your condescension is much appreciated. But in 2019, that is a red card. Whether we think the rules are correct or not is a different point, but the motion and lack of control mean it's a red now

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Your condescension is much appreciated. But in 2019, that is a red card. Whether we think the rules are correct or not is a different point, but the motion and lack of control mean it's a red now

The motion that you claim happened, but didn't happen?

Righto.

Going by what Craig just said on the radio, we will not be appealing it, as Craig called it a stupid decision, both feet off the ground you just can't make tackles like that anymore.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

The motion that you claim happened, but didn't happen?

Righto.

It did happen. His right foot came to the ball and the left leg came round. The fact of his left knee being bent is not relevant - the authorities believe that motion to be dangerous. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Bored with this now. Every ****ing week we're not playing at home we're chucking points away. Do we need a sports psychologist in to try and address this?

We won our previous two away games.

2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Sure, well timed. But by the laws of the game a red card. 

Garuccio was not out of control for a start!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Going by what Craig just said on the radio, we will not be appealing it, as Craig called it a stupid decision, both feet off the ground you just can't make tackles like that anymore.

That may change after he has had the chance to review the footage properly. At best, he’s seen it from the bench and then quickly on replay, when no doubt raging about the last couple of minutes.

He may also decide that Doyle’s error was the one that deserves the most criticism. 

It did happen. His right foot came to the ball and the left leg came round. The fact of his left knee being bent is not relevant - the authorities believe that motion to be dangerous. 

You can keep telling people it was a 'scissor motion' until the S key on your keyboard stops working.

That doesn't mean it's a scissor tackle.

He was out of control. Therefore the timing of it doesn't matter. 

So out of control, but well timed?!? 

Just now, jamboj said:

I disagree. As did the ref and plenty other observers 

And referees don’t get decisions wrong right enough! ?

John mcCartney
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

He was out of control. Therefore the timing of it doesn't matter. 

how the ****ing hell was he out of control when he timed it perfectly and captured the whole of the ball ffs

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Peebo said:

So out of control, but well timed?!? 

Out of control is all that matters and I as a biased Hearts fan find that hard to argue

Just now, jambopilms said:

Don't think levein likes him as it is. This won't have helped

That blatantly came across at Levein’s post Match interview!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, John mcCartney said:

how the ****ing hell was he out of control when he timed it perfectly and captured the whole of the ball ffs

Flying into it with a boot raised. Just can't do it anymore 

2 minutes ago, savage said:

Red card.. the players know the rules and that in the current climate was a red all day

I would suggest that if Scott Brown had put that tackle in he would be praised for his hard but absolutely fair play 

It was superbly timed, immaculately executed and he took the entirety of the ball. I'd argue that it shouldn't be a foul. 

But it is. And it's a red card. And no amount of ex pros, pundits, fans comparing it to the past will change that any scissor motion where you leave the ground will get you a red card, regardless of how well timed and perfectly executed it is. 

Edited by maroonshrew

Last post from me here, not keen to get embroiled in kickback arguments and I've said my piece. I hope he wins an appeal cause I like Garuccio, think he's been generally decent for us, but I'd be shocked if he does (and a little surprised if we even bother trying) 

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I would suggest that if Scott Brown had put that tackle in he would be praised for his hard but absolutely fair play 

you may very well be right there. But i'd also suggest that if he put that tackle in against us we would call for a red card 

It’s the law that’s wrong.

Being off the ground doesn’t automatically mean losing control.

For me it was perfectly timed, and he won the ball cleanly.

If that’s the rule and it’s applied consistently then fair enough, I still wouldn’t think it was a red card but I’d accept that’s the rules.

Where you get frustrated is seeing Scott Brown do similar on a weekly basis and get away without even a foul being given against him.

Edited by El Diez

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We won our previous two away games.

Great. Whats our record this season? Last season?

Its a constant thorn and it shouldn't be a case of 'oh difficult away fixture'. Its a losers mentality. We should be going to places like Motherwell, Dundee, Hamilton and asserting ourselves. Not getting beat by pish.

Beginning to think Levein needs to stop focusing on containing the opposition and start worrying about how we're winning games. Every game we win now we're scraping by. Its not good enough. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Great. Whats our record this season? Last season?

Its a constant thorn and it shouldn't be a case of 'oh difficult away fixture'. Its a losers mentality. We should be going to places like Motherwell, Dundee, Hamilton and asserting ourselves. Not getting beat by pish.

Beginning to think Levein needs to stop focusing on containing the opposition and start worrying about how we're winning games. Every game we win now we're scraping by. Its not good enough. 

We've played 4 away games at Motherwell Dundee and hamilton this season. We've won 3. With an aggregate score of 9-3

2 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

We've played 4 away games at Motherwell Dundee and hamilton this season. We've won 3. With an aggregate score of 9-3

I also think our away form is the best its been in a long long time.....which may not say much about the last 30years.

For me wasn’t even a foul, I was raging that it was given and then to top it off a yellow card until I seen the red and the new was just speechless.

I thought it was a very poor sending of, foul or not.

There should have been at least one more in the wall and Turnbull couldn't have bent it round them. Doyle was complaining he couldn't see with the sun earlier on in the match so why did he not have a hat. Basic errors.

Maroon Sailor

A lunge at the ball seems to be an automatic red card. 

No idea why he felt it necessary to do that though, he could have went to ground and swept the ball away.

joondalupjambo

Simples.  Red card all day long.  Not like the Steven Avery case where there is a clear case of reasonble doubt.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Locke says good tackle.

Levein says red.

Think I need to change my opinion and accept the decision!

Now I understand why Michael Stewart is saying its a good tackle and not even a foul. :laugh:

If that had been a motherwell player tackling one of our guys like that we would have been screaming at the ref to send him off, stupid, ridiculous tackle.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Red card. Off his feet, out of control, scissors motion. It's a red card. 

Its not scissors,his other leg is tucked up.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Locke says good tackle.

Levein says red.

Think I need to change my opinion and accept the decision!

Locke would have seen it more times than levein at the point of interview.

Never a red.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

1 hour ago, Maroonjam said:

Shocking football has become a snowflake sport. It was a strong but fair challenge 

BT sport ref said it was a red card, love to know who he is, another clown  beside the other clowns, barr Gary Locke

A good tackle back in the day. 

Even today he was there first and controlled ball before the Motherwell player arrived. 

I would support an appeal but don’t hold out much hope of winning it.

He didn't tackle the player, he went in and caught the ball with his thigh.  His feet were never high, he never hit the player in the process and this referee seems to like sending Hearts players off - Djoum two yellows for nothing.

I notice Michael Stewart reckons it wasn't even a free kick.

avhudtheteeshirt

How could he make that tackle without leaving the ground?

He played to get the ball, won it fairly with the high foot on the ground.

When he blocked tackled so the ball would not go to another attacker, The Motherwell player hardly even fell over until he heard the whistle?

The referee didn't even think about it he went straight to the top pocket.

It has to be appealed, it was a game changing moment with only seconds to go!!!

I get both sides of the argument. I have to say nobody was injured and Garruchio only made contact with the ball. Had his tackle been in the direction of the player, for me, it would be  a red card all day long. But it wasn't. It was from the side and in the direction of the ball ahead of both players. I think it was a fair challenge. No one was endangered. I'm pretty sure the Law isn't so black and white to say if you're off your feet you must get a red card.