Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Phil Dunphy

• Gorgie_Rules

• goldie83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

The irony of it is, Doyle probably had his best game for Hearts up until that fateful moment. He made two very good saves and looked solid.

There is nothing much between our Keepers, but Doyle looks more assured than Bobby, who does not inspire confidence.

Please get rid of both at the end of the season.......

Doyle was in the running for man of the match until that howler.

38 minutes ago, graygo said:

Doyle was in the running for man of the match until that howler.

In no way excusing the howler but, I remember our goalie letting the ball through his legs for a last minute Celtic win, and he was a bit shaky with cross balls.

His name was Craig Gordon and he earned us £9 million.

Thunderstruck

It’s a surprise that there wasn’t a campaign against Doyle for only getting a finger-tip to this instead of holding it or putting it round the post. 

As vital to the win as Lee’s goal. I’d put that alongside any of the great saves by any of our keepers. 

71AA672E-4672-47E6-8372-325B37B1A0D1.jpeg

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Zlamal would be alright if he wasn't a flapper and slapper and could get near a penalty.

I would monitor Gordon's situation at Celtic. Pretty sure if he's frozen out by Brenda he would like to finish his career here. Our keepers could learn from him as well 

If we are looking for an ex- keeper who can save the odd penalty Jamie MacDonald seems to be out of favour at Kilmarnock, and is a few years younger than Craig.

Edited by portobellojambo1

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If we are looking for an ex- keeper who can save the odd penalty Jamie MacDonald seems to be out of favour at Kilmarnock, and is a few years younger than Craig.

Wow, hard paper round?

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Wow, hard paper round?

Your response has gone way over my head. Craig Gordon is 36 and Jamie is 32, which in my mind means Jamie is a few years younger.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Your response has gone way over my head. Craig Gordon is 36 and Jamie is 32, which in my mind means Jamie is a few years younger.

I know what you were saying mate, I was meaning that I thought Jamie looked older.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that ‘unacceptable’ is rather overused. Craig has two keepers to chose from and he needs to make a judgement on who is most ready for the next match. 

Silva........?

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

He will stick with Doyle on Saturday and so he should in my opinion.

Long term, I don't think that either of them is the answer I'm afraid. 

I agree Jonno. Will depend where Doyle's head is though. 

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good shout but can't see Levein bringing him back seeng as he was the one that told him his services were no longer required on Budgement Day.

Doyle has made one fantastic save since he's been in goals. He's made a number of howlers however they haven't been punished. I mean, imagine if Hibs had scored when he dropped the ball in the 6 yard box in the last minute.

He wasn't having a 'great' game before the howler. He made saves you would expect a keeper at this level to make.

Bobby made better saves most weeks, although he seems to be a confidence player, and once he made the howler against celtic (nowhere near as bad as Doyle's) it opened the floodgates.

If Bobby's confidence is back id play him, with a view to keeping him next year as back up, if it's not I'd play Doyle. Regardless Doyle should leave in the summer.

He's come out,apologised and said he'll learn from it. If there's anyone on here who's never made a mistake at work then let them criticise. If he's wearing a Hearts top he gets my support. If he continues to make mistakes then he will lose his job. Seemples. 

The Treasurer
19 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Doyle has made one fantastic save since he's been in goals. He's made a number of howlers however they haven't been punished. I mean, imagine if Hibs had scored when he dropped the ball in the 6 yard box in the last minute.

He wasn't having a 'great' game before the howler. He made saves you would expect a keeper at this level to make.

Bobby made better saves most weeks, although he seems to be a confidence player, and once he made the howler against celtic (nowhere near as bad as Doyle's) it opened the floodgates.

If Bobby's confidence is back id play him, with a view to keeping him next year as back up, if it's not I'd play Doyle. Regardless Doyle should leave in the summer.

He's maybe not the greatest keeper we've ever had but I'm struggling to remember this list of "howlers".

The one you refer to at ER didn't result in a goal due to his quick reaction to rectify his handling error (that is "error" as opposed to "howler")

21 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

This is my thoughts exactly.

I’d also add that in most of the games he has kept a clean sheet has been more down to the defence shutting teams out because he has hardly been tested.