Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Phil Dunphy

• Gorgie_Rules

• goldie83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I am still stunned at just how bad that was, it is without doubt the worst goalkeeping error I have seen from a Hearts goalie. 

That’s what I just said to my mate. Rousset in the cup final was bad, Kurskis at Ibrox and Gordon at Parkhead were awful also but that’s the worse I’ve seen in 35 years watching Hearts. The big balloon was an accident waiting to happen. Just didn’t expect it to be so bad!

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I am still stunned at just how bad that was, it is without doubt the worst goalkeeping error I have seen from a Hearts goalie. 

These ones were as bad:

Rousset vs Oldco Rangers, '96 Cup Final

Gordon vs Celtic, '06 League Game

Kurskis vs Oldco Rangers, '07 League Game

Bobby vs Celtic, '18 League Cup Semi Final

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Rousset in the '96 cup final, I felt terrible for him. But that was a very uncharacteristic error.

Gordon at Parkhead, the same.

We have all expected this one though. We knew was coming sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

That’s what I just said to my mate. Rousset in the cup final was bad, Kurskis at Ibrox and Gordon at Parkhead were awful also but that’s the worse I’ve seen in 35 years watching Hearts. The big balloon was an accident waiting to happen. Just didn’t expect it to be so bad!

I still can't work out just how he managed it, it seems to almost get thrown in

Absolute shocker 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Absolute shocker 

I’ve watched it a few times now (through my fingers I may add) and even if he missed it with his paws it should bounce of his chest. How it ends up in the pokey I just don’t know!

I can remember McLaughlin having a worse howler when we played (I think against St J??) at Murrayfield very early on in his career. I’m not sure he made another blunder after and ended up getting a very lucrative move to a Sunderland. 

We’re not buying anyone just now so let’s get behind him till end of season. 

PS. Bobby is not the answer. 

16 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I can remember McLaughlin having a worse howler when we played (I think against St J??) at Murrayfield very early on in his career. I’m not sure he made another blunder after and ended up getting a very lucrative move to a Sunderland. 

We’re not buying anyone just now so let’s get behind him till end of season. 

PS. Bobby is not the answer. 

Not the answer I agree but far better than Doyle and by the whispers that have been coming out of Tynecastle recently the defence would rather Bobby also.

Pasquale for King

Neither are good enough, maybe Colin over indulged on his Vday presents on Thursday.

A746ABCC-C23C-4B7B-A09F-FB97996CC823.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

As

3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Not the answer I agree but far better than Doyle and by the whispers that have been coming out of Tynecastle recently the defence would rather Bobby also.

As much as I’m not convinced by Doyle he’s made way less pro rats blunders than Bobby who let’s face it was looking very fragile..

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

Rousset in the cup final was far worse. 

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Rubbish.  He made a couple of cracking saves and was playing well until then.

You could see the players were struggling with the sun in their eyes the second half.

:spoton:

Pantwetting thread imo 

Can’t drop him, Zlamal is even more of an accident waiting to happen. How can we find ourselves with 2 keepers, neither of which are up to the standard required to nail down the no.1 spot? Punt both in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

I remember it as a foul on Henry... Could be wrong though... 

Should have punched them away. 

Edited by ri Alban

I don't slag our players, as I feel we need to support them no matter what.

However, Doyle needs to be dropped immediately.  He needs to know that this was not acceptable, under any circumstances!

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, a11ank said:

However, Doyle needs to be dropped immediately.  He needs to know that this was not acceptable, under any circumstances!

What happens if your top goalscorer misses an open goal from 2 yards does that same logic apply ?

Give the boy a break he's feeling bad enough about it as it is and will want to redeem himself.

As long as his confidence isn't too adversely affected, I'd keep him in.Chopping and changing is unlikely to help, especially when the replacement is no better.

He'd actually made three great saves yesterday to keep us in the game.

20 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Both keepers have bowlers in them unfortunately. Recruitment in that area this season has been very poor 

What we need is a goalie with a wicket keeper in them.

28 minutes ago, a11ank said:

So you think Doyle won't realise it was unacceptable, unless he gets dropped? No need to drop him unless he was doing stuff like that all match.

Ok.  Let's wait and see.  Happy to be proved wrong!

Please remember I didn't slag him off.  I suggested dropping him (to correct a lapse in concentration levels).

Given our other options, he wouldn't be out too long!

Psychedelicropcircle

Personally a simple baseball cap prevents that ending. I’d like to think the kit man could easily wander into the club shop & load two or three into the bag. Even if the forecast is rain take them anyway.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Personally a simple baseball cap prevents that ending. I’d like to think the kit man could easily wander into the club shop & load two or three into the bag. Even if the forecast is rain take them anyway.

I was thinking about that all through the game. 

I rated Doyle slightly higher than Bobby but both are weak links. If we spend next year it has to be on a good keeper.

Prior to Doyle coming in, he had a reputation at previous clubs as having a major cock up in him, so to speak...

Bobby looked pretty decent early on, but we knew too had a moment or two in his DNA also, and right enough, he did have...

Even at our level, you can go out and get someone who is steadier, reliable and to whom the defence actually have confidence in...I will admit very early on (Murrayfield games) I thought Big Jon was going to be similar, but he turned out to be an unbelievable addition to us but that ship sailed unfortunately...

Craig isnt daft...he wanted two established GK's to push one another and compete to keep them on their toes...as a top defender he knows the value in a team having confidence in their GK, and currently, we lack that...

FWIW personally I think they are equally as good/bad/indifferent as one another...but I would be pretty hacked off if we were not know scouring for someone else to come in, with one of the current two moving on dependent on who Craig deems the lesser of the two....

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Doyle will, and should be, in goal on Saturday. He had a really good game for 90 minutes yesterday before his horrendous mistake

Agree you cannot change the goalkeeper for one mistake obviously if the

mistakes continue then you need to change goalkeepers if goalkeepers knew 

they will be dropped for one mistake then you make them nervous 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Doyle will, and should be, in goal on Saturday. He had a really good game for 90 minutes yesterday before his horrendous mistake

I thought he was first class through out yesterday,felt really sorry for him when the blunder happened.He is our best keeper at the moment. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I didn't spend any sort of time focussing on Doyle in the 2nd half but a number of people on the bus coming home said he was shouting and signalling to the side lines on a number of occasions to indicate he needed a cap because of the sun.

11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I didn't spend any sort of time focussing on Doyle in the 2nd half but a number of people on the bus coming home said he was shouting and signalling to the side lines on a number of occasions to indicate he needed a cap because of the sun.

If true then we are extremely unprofessional 

3 hours ago, a11ank said:

I'm pretty sure he knows it's not acceptable.

Pasquale for King

Zlamal had quite a few mistakes before being dropped, as bad as it was dropping Doyle doesn’t help the team at all if the replacement is just as bad.

I always thought Zlamal was a better keeper than Doyle.

Personal opinion.

Neither are exactly up to Hearts standard and when it comes to keepers we have very high standards at this club.

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I always thought Zlamal was a better keeper than Doyle.

Personal opinion.

Neither are exactly up to Hearts standard and when it comes to keepers we have very high standards at this club.

Zlamal would be alright if he wasn't a flapper and slapper and could get near a penalty.

I would monitor Gordon's situation at Celtic. Pretty sure if he's frozen out by Brenda he would like to finish his career here. Our keepers could learn from him as well 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Zlamal would be alright if he wasn't a flapper and slapper and could get near a penalty.

I would monitor Gordon's situation at Celtic. Pretty sure if he's frozen out by Brenda he would like to finish his career here. Our keepers could learn from him as well 

I was thinking this as well but he’s been making loads of mistakes too. I think we need to get at least one new goalie and maybe a new GK coach too.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Zlamal had quite a few mistakes before being dropped, as bad as it was dropping Doyle doesn’t help the team at all if the replacement is just as bad.

It does when the defense would rather Bobby in goals

4 hours ago, a11ank said:

You don't drop players to punish them unless for disciplinary reasons like not turning up for training.

Sometimes people say 'not acceptable' and I have no idea what they actually mean. It happened and it cannot be undone.

Doyle also made several impressive, goal-stopping saves that other goalies might not have managed. So, it is not clear to me that he deserves to be dropped.

(Obviously, I agree with the general point. Hearts have almost always had top-quality keepers, amazingly so over the years. Our present pair are not what we are used to, but we are where we are.)

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

It does when the defense would rather Bobby in goals

That has been rumoured but does it stand up to scrutiny, he made quite a few mistakes and lost more goals per game than Doyle has.

35 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

You don't drop players to punish them unless for disciplinary reasons like not turning up for training.

Sometimes people say 'not acceptable' and I have no idea what they actually mean. It happened and it cannot be undone.

Doyle also made several impressive, goal-stopping saves that other goalies might not have managed. So, it is not clear to me that he deserves to be dropped.

(Obviously, I agree with the general point. Hearts have almost always had top-quality keepers, amazingly so over the years. Our present pair are not what we are used to, but we are where we are.)

I agree that ‘unacceptable’ is rather overused. Craig has two keepers to chose from and he needs to make a judgement on who is most ready for the next match. 

4 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

What we need is a goalie with a wicket keeper in them.

Didn't even notice that. Auto correct is a pain sometimes. ?

17 hours ago, Bozi said:

Absolute shocker 

This. He is standing at the post and it somehow ends up in the middle of net.

Watched it a few times and cannot understand why his hands are cupped so low down for a bouncing ball.

In all honesty is was a piss poor free kick that had no power in it. Astonishing error by an experienced goalie.

The irony of it is, Doyle probably had his best game for Hearts up until that fateful moment. He made two very good saves and looked solid.

There is nothing much between our Keepers, but Doyle looks more assured than Bobby, who does not inspire confidence.

Please get rid of both at the end of the season.......