BBB/Doyle today

HeartofHartley

12 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

File both our keepers under Craig Nelson & Brian Wilson.

From behind the goals in lower section, I could not believe the 1st goal went between his arms. Give the guy the credit for a good shot, but......................not convinced in the attempt to save.

The 2nd goal is just a shocker?

Is that the Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Phil Dunphy

• Gorgie_Rules

• goldie83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Colin Doyle made a mistake today which cost us a point but the way some on here are going on you would think he deliberately meant it let’s not forget the save at Easter Road in the derby which most top goalkeepers would not have made let’s 

get behind him and show some support after all we have all made a mistake in life

Sensible post.

2 hours ago, the_jailer said:

Both are shite 

This. Both can make great saves and will be ok over 5/6 games but will always drop a clanger.

3 minutes ago, Crete said:

Is that the Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.

Your Brian Wilson would have been better between the posts.

Going back to circa 1976. He is the only goalkeeper I remember when being caught by a forward, would lie prostrate on the ground when the play raged on around him.

He was the definition of a "bombscare". I seem to remember him being recruited from the dizzy heights of Arbroath!

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The way we lost that game has hit me bad, honestly we should never have lost that.

Again let down big time, 

:rofl:

Let down, sat at home on the sofa.

Edited by Artful Dodger

We should have had three points today. We missed two sitters and were well on top. Dreadful mistake by Doyle. These things happen though to even the very best keepers. 

I hate savaging our players for mistakes. I don’t see the point in it, if they are genuine mistakes and out of character. Goalkeepers especially need a run of ten to fifteen games behind a settled back-line. I’m not seeing any improvement in his handling and ball control though. He makes the same stupid errors as Jamie MacDonald did; poor control of the ball and a tendency to parry it to onrushing attackers. People point to “shot-stopping” as some kind of attribute that makes up for these things, but stopping shots is the absolute bare minimum that you need from a professional goalkeeper. You can’t just say he’s shite at holding on to the ball, but he’s good at stopping shots. That’s not good enough.

Really hope he is working on sorting this out, but it’s been apparent for a good few games now, with no obvious signs of improvement. McLaughlin is a big loss. He was a very good keeper.

Doyle doesn’t seem to be able to compensate for the movement/spin of the ball. He needed to make an envelope for the ball with his arms and fall on to that shot. He let it hit his chest flat and spin off him like a brick wall. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I hate savaging our players for mistakes. I don’t see the point in it, if they are genuine mistakes and out of character. Goalkeepers especially need a run of ten to fifteen games behind a settled back-line. I’m not seeing any improvement in his handling and ball control though. He makes the same stupid errors as Jamie MacDonald did; poor control of the ball and a tendency to parry it to onrushing attackers. People point to “shot-stopping” as some kind of attribute that makes up for these things, but stopping shots is the absolute bare minimum that you need from a professional goalkeeper. You can’t just say he’s shite at holding on to the ball, but he’s good at stopping shots. That’s not good enough.

Really hope he is working on sorting this out, but it’s been apparent for a good few games now, with no obvious signs of improvement. McLaughlin is a big loss. He was a very good keeper.

Spot on. We need a good choice number 1 brought in during the next window. Neither if the two we have just now are good enough. Both of them are bang average.

12 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

:rofl:

Let down, sat at home on the sofa.

so by not going to the game , i cant be let down, ha ha ha, some logic that from you.

millerjames398
50 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

File both our keepers under Craig Nelson & Brian Wilson.

From behind the goals in lower section, I could not believe the 1st goal went between his arms. Give the guy the credit for a good shot, but......................not convinced in the attempt to save.

The 2nd goal is just a shocker?

Or ray dunlop and myles hogarth....?

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We should have had three points today. We missed two sitters and were well on top. Dreadful mistake by Doyle. These things happen though to even the very best keepers. 

Correct. Dreadful mistakes by soapy and naismith....maybe clare too for not rolling the ball to djoum,but as the keeper your mistakes always seem worse. Still dont think theres much between doyle and bobby but neither as good as we've come to expect at Hearts.

3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Or ray dunlop and myles hogarth....?

The younger members of our support, have not suffered like us older guys?

Upgrade in the summer is required.

I have lost confidence in both.

millerjames398
Just now, 2205ian said:

The younger members of our support, have not suffered like us older guys?

Upgrade in the summer is required.

I have lost confidence in both.

Im not old enough to have had the privilege of watchin mr Dunlop,  but my old man used to shudder recollecting games he played for us in the 70s?, myles on the other hand i did see play...? defo upgrade needed in the summer??

brunoatemyhamster
29 minutes ago, red said:

Jamie McDonald sitting on the Kilmarnock bench today

Massive bump to this. 

Should never have let Jamie Macdonald leave. Yes, Alexander and McLaughlin were very good, but I don’t think they did anything Jamie couldn’t have. And it would be nice to see a Hearts goalie save a penalty. Not sure we’ve saved a single one since Jamie left.

Doyle played quite well today, but I’m not sure he couldn’t have done better at their first, and he made an absolute howler for the winner. Probably time to bring Zlamal back in as the best of a bad bunch.

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Couldn't care less how he played before the mistake. That is a catastrophic error for any goalkeeper at any standard, that cost us a point. He should be suitably ashamed of that. New keeper needed in the summer.

In a nutshell 

Fozzyonthefence
52 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Colin Doyle made a mistake today which cost us a point but the way some on here are going on you would think he deliberately meant it let’s not forget the save at Easter Road in the derby which most top goalkeepers would not have made let’s 

get behind him and show some support after all we have all made a mistake in life

I don’t agree about the save at ER. I’d be very disappointed if my keeper let a 30 yard shot, all along the ground go in.  Whittaker didn’t even strike it properly, that’s why it it went along the ground.  It might have looked good on tv but a keeper should really be saving those imo.

He was having a good game today, but then the howler most of us thought he had in him happened.  I’d be surprised though if he isn’t still in the team next week.

Where are we going to find a keeper that NEVER makes a mistake.

I remember Craig Gordon punching the ball into his own net for a Celtic winner back in 2006.

Even Jon McLaughlin made an error at Fir Park last season.

As long as it doesn't become a habit the manager will keep him in the team. 

57 minutes ago, red said:

Jamie McDonald sitting on the Kilmarnock bench today

Still think we should bring him in. Best penalty saver I've seen at this level. His rate for saving them is freaky. 

I think he has the same limitations as pretty much every other keeper at this level. I think the simple question to ask is how many moments like Doyle or Bobby does he have? Answer: Very few (can't remember the last one). Sometimes ordinary is what you need. 

I suppose a fair question might be why he isn't playing for Killie at the moment. 

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Both keepers are disasters waiting to happen.

All keepers are a disaster waiting to happen.

Mind you it was a shocker.

Souttar wasn't impressed.

14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Please stop this Jamie MacDonald chat. Doyle is basically the same keeper as JM. ?

Except with Jamie Mac every penalty isn't necessarily a goal. An improvement no?

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Except with Jamie Mac every penalty isn't necessarily a goal. An improvement no?

Not enough of an improvement for me to want him as number one again. Kello should have been retained, he just fitted like Skacel did. Same with McLaughlin, he will be financially sorted now, but I just wish there was the money in the Scottish game to stop losing guys like him to lower level garbage down south. ?

Kilmarnock have a really good keeper in Bachmann on loan from Watford and Jamie on the bench. We have two goalies vying for the jersey, none of which should be near 1st choice, recruitment poor once again....and repeat

We should really be trying for Clark at St Johnstone, but what’s his contract situation - would we have to pay for him? Livingston keeper seems capable too, but Clark better.

22 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not enough of an improvement for me to want him as number one again. Kello should have been retained, he just fitted like Skacel did. Same with McLaughlin, he will be financially sorted now, but I just wish there was the money in the Scottish game to stop losing guys like him to lower level garbage down south. ?

Yeah, I do see where you're coming from. I think given the current lot I'd rather twist with MacDonald and know we'll have a cheap decent enough keeper than stick with two keepers that none of our defenders have confidence in. Kello was a bloody excellent keeper :( Others have suggested one of Gordon, Clark or Kelly (personally think Clark would be the long term choice but Gordon could do a solid job for at least a season or two, whilst Kelly will just be choking to get back to ibrox even if that means sitting on the bench till he's 35). 

I really hope that with the new stand we can see a rise in revenue to allow for a higher retention rate (or at least to ensure we're not losing players to cannon fodder clubs.

4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Rubbish.  He made a couple of cracking saves and was playing well until then.

You could see the players were struggling with the sun in their eyes the second half.

There's no room on this thread for this kind of sensible comment. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

We need better than both in the summer. Not Jamie MacDonald please. I like Zander Clark at St Johnstone

I heard last week he’s someone we’re interested in.

Other clubs may well blow us out the water but I think it’s safe to say we’ll be active in the recruitment of a new No1 come the summer.

5 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Absolutely spot on here. 

If we want to seriously challenge at the top end of the table, neither will do. 

Keepers are only as good as the 10 men in front of them 

Doyle gave away a howler today but what do the rest of them have to say for themselves?

our attacking play is pish poor with very few goals scored 

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Agree. Naismith miss was as big a howler as Doyle’s. I’m off to read that thread. 

13 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Keepers are only as good as the 10 men in front of them 

Doyle gave away a howler today but what do the rest of them have to say for themselves?

our attacking play is pish poor with very few goals scored 

Don't agree. A lot of good goalkeepers in poor teams. Andy Goram for Hibs v us is one of best goalkeeping performances I've seen. But can't think of any good teams who have had a poor keeper. I think Doyle is shaky and those in front of him are not confident

Edited by LeftBack

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Please stop this Jamie MacDonald chat. Doyle is basically the same keeper as JM. ?

I don't agree that JM is the answer but I'd take him all day long over Doyle 

13 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Don't agree. A lot of good goalkeepers in poor teams. Andy Goram for Hibs v us is one of best goalkeeping performances I've seen. But can't think of any good teams who have had a poor keeper. I think Doyle is shaky and those in front of him are not confident

At the moment mate we are not a good team 

if you can score more than you concede you win football games  and we do not seem able to do that 

one howler from Doyle is not the route of our problems 

It was a howler but as others(some) have said the misses by us earlier probably cost us more. I don't see levein dropping Doyle on the back of it or we will be yo-yo with keepers for the rest of the season. Agree we need to look at keeper and left back in the close season. I never rated Mcdonald as highly as some on here and don't see him as a relevant target.

I'd prefer Bobby in than Doyle. Although he had a stinker in that livi game, I thought he'd done ok up until then and a bit harsh to be dropped. Feel bobby has more of a presence than Doyle.  

We've been spoilt for keepers over the years and could do with an upgrade on both bobby and Doyle in the summer. 

41 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

At the moment mate we are not a good team 

if you can score more than you concede you win football games  and we do not seem able to do that 

one howler from Doyle is not the route of our problems 

Don't disagree with the fact we are a poor team just now. But whilst a lot of players could and should be doing better, I don't believe Doyle (or Bobby) is the answer between the sticks. 

The White Cockade

i'm not having the sun in his eyes chat for the goal

sun is to his right and he's looking to the left

look at the shadows in the video

it was just a shocking handling error

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Zlamal for me but only because he has more personality. They're both unsettling but at least zlamal assaults opposition fans.

cardboardcutout

Garrucio isn’t good enough at defending and will not be kept by levein, Doyle doesn’t command the box and seems too quiet imo!  A left back and a goalkeeper must be a priority for us ASAP 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I really hope that with the new stand we can see a rise in revenue to allow for a higher retention rate (or at least to ensure we're not losing players to cannon fodder clubs.

This is the key to progress, for me. ?

5 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A £5.99 baseball cap would’ve made all the difference to that howler. If he comes out and says the sun affected his judgment then he needs a kick in the balls. Should’ve been wearing a cap the whole second half 

Here here. Is it "uncool" for a keeper to wear a cap these days. For the whole 2nd half the sun was blinding. If,  and it's an if, his concentration was even slightly helped by wearing a cap then he should have worn one!