• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Phil Dunphy

• Gorgie_Rules

• goldie83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know about anybody else but he was my man of the match up until that mistake. Don't think the wind or the sun done him any favours although it was a really bad error on his part. He was magnificent up until then and anyone who thinks otherwise well, they're entitled to their opinion although it will differ from mine.

2 minutes ago, wagy said:

Don't know about anybody else but he was my man of the match up until that mistake. Don't think the wind or the sun done him any favours although it was a really bad error on his part. He was magnificent up until then and anyone who thinks otherwise well, they're entitled to their opinion although it will differ from mine.

He was playing well but ultimately it means nothing if he costs us the game

Hardly magnificent imo. Competent. Still don't find him commanding and it is more than a coincidence that our defence has been shakier with him behind it. Imo

Unfortunately, for a goalkeeper, you can go from mom to Dunce in a split second.

As I said on the match thread, his earlier saves count for nothing after chucking in the winner.

An outfield player makes a mistake and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't result in losing a goal.

A goalie makes a mistake and it usually ends up in losing a goal.

Who'd be a goalie, eh! 

15 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Nicely swerved on not even own manager condemning it, clown.

You think Garrucio is at fault for our goalkeeper chucking the ball into his own net.

Not me that's a clown mate. Take an inward look, yeah?

3 minutes ago, wagy said:

Didnt have all that much to do. Had a couple of decent stops but that's his bread n butter surely.  Certainly nowhere near MotM for me. Thought it was a hard game....dreadful 2nd half. Shawnesy shouldnt be picked ahead of Diakomona. Pardon spelling.

Couldn't care less how he played before the mistake. That is a catastrophic error for any goalkeeper at any standard, that cost us a point. He should be suitably ashamed of that. New keeper needed in the summer.

Edited by jambogaza

I have been concerned about him since he came into the team, I've been thinking that he has the look of a bombscare waiting to happen, today though I thought he was doing ok and might prove me wrong but then the bomb dropped ...........

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Rubbish.  He made a couple of cracking saves and was playing well until then.

You could see the players were struggling with the sun in their eyes the second half.

I said at the start of the second half, why isn’t Doyle wearing a cap as I thought  a blunder wasn’t  far away. 

Another missed opportunity to catch those above us and another weekend ruined ?

Edited by Saughton Jambo

A £5.99 baseball cap would’ve made all the difference to that howler. If he comes out and says the sun affected his judgment then he needs a kick in the balls. Should’ve been wearing a cap the whole second half 

GorgieRules22
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Horrible howler but up until that moment Doyle was having really good game

Although we all know he was going to be capable of that.

Maroon Sailor

Why have keepers stopped wearing caps ?

There was a match (last season I think) where a fan had to lend the keeper his hat

Not sure how they think they are going to see the ball when the sun is shining right in their coupon

I was at the game so haven't had the benefit of replays, but I felt he went down in instalments for Motherwell's first.  Couple of decent stops but then an absolute howler at the end.  

Mcphee or Daly said at a shareholder meeting that they looked at stats of keepers in Europe and zlamal made more saves out of 100 than other keepers in our price range, which was the basis for recruiting him. I wonder if Doyle was the same.

No wonder our recruitment has been so poor when we're using Championship Manager tactics to bring players in!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why have keepers stopped wearing caps ?

There was a match (last season I think) where a fan had to lend the keeper his hat

Not sure how they think they are going to see the ball when the sun is shining right in their coupon

I mind that, it was Leeds at Barnsley.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, alanthejambo said:

Ultimately keepers are judged on the saves they don’t make rather than those they do

Don't agree with that

Schmeichel didn't make many howlers that I can think off.

Lloris on the other hand has made a few howlers but still regarded as one of the best keepers

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mind that, it was Leeds at Barnsley.

I'm now thînking it was Shrewsbury v West Ham in the cup. Might even have been Joe Hart

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm now thînking it was Shrewsbury v West Ham in the cup. Might even have been Joe Hart

Definitely happened in that Barnsley game. Wiedwald was the Leeds goalkeeper, although there was no helping him from what i’ve Heard

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Levein has already said in his interview he can’t defend Gaurrico.

Commiting a foul that late in the game to allow a shot at goal is brain dead from a defender, never mind in the manner he lunged in, he shouldnt even be giving the referee the decision.

Gauriccio does that kind of tackle a lot .

Think he's got away with a few 

That goalkeeping and  the short comings of Bobby must trigger an immediate search for a replacement. I’m not convinced we have any in the club who can step up. The search must begin now.

File both our keepers under Craig Nelson & Brian Wilson.

From behind the goals in lower section, I could not believe the 1st goal went between his arms. Give the guy the credit for a good shot, but......................not convinced in the attempt to save.

The 2nd goal is just a shocker?

Colin Doyle made a mistake today which cost us a point but the way some on here are going on you would think he deliberately meant it let’s not forget the save at Easter Road in the derby which most top goalkeepers would not have made let’s 

get behind him and show some support after all we have all made a mistake in life

wattie exploited

you could put the two goal keepers in and they still would.nt save a penalty lol !!!!!  thats how good they are !!!!!!!!!

just saying !  yeah we could do with a better keeper for next season :HeartsManspotrun: