Darren Barr

His name is

haveyouheard 22

I did 3 Hearts defenders to score the first goal in the final, all belting prices, guess the one I didnt !! that aside I wouldny change that day for ever.. his celebrations alone were superb 

2 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I did 3 Hearts defenders to score the first goal in the final, all belting prices, guess the one I didnt !! that aside I wouldny change that day for ever.. his celebrations alone were superb 

Only matched by Ryan McGowans celebrations that day

GP37097535.jpg

I was a bit nervous that day, as is usually the case in big games.

But after Darren belted that first one home, I knew we were going to do it.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That number on the shorts. :sweeet:

I'm not superstitious, not even a little bit. But if our first goalscorers number determined how many goals we'd get that day, consider me gutted it wasn't the good man Rudi instead. A rout it would of been indeed :clyay:

What a ****in day/weekend/week/month/year/>today 

The vermin knew their place and we let them have it.

More disparaging attitude towards the filth is required in 2019.

Gorgie Rules.

6 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I'm not superstitious, not even a little bit. But if our first goalscorers number determined how many goals we'd get that day, consider me gutted it wasn't the good man Rudi instead. A rout it would of been indeed :clyay:

9930E3EF-3B68-439F-98F3-4E053FB04C3A.jpeg

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

Gorgie Rules.

62E158E8-A98C-4335-A8B0-3C27D1B6CB4C.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

5C5AEA26-1184-463D-A51E-A5E2D9FF486F.jpeg

From the comic book, 'we only won 5-1', one of my most treasured possessions, brilliant!

:2thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I was a bit nervous that day, as is usually the case in big games.

But after Darren belted that first one home, I knew we were going to do it.

As soon as I saw Her Majesty The Queen on TV, in the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow where I watched the game, emerge from Trooping of the Colour, in a maroon limo, I knew that we would win. All bets were off from that moment on. Send her, and us, victorious!!

This song always reminds me of that day, I'm sure we first heard it after Darren Barr decided on that day to open his goal scoring account for the famous.

I heard in the pub after the game that a Hearts fan had bet Darren Barr FG / 5-1 Hearts @ 750/1 with £10 on it. Anyone able to confirm or deny this? I know for a fact a few folk had bet 5-1 as a single.

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Barr no.5 (May)

Rudi no.19 (19th)

Written in the stars as a Frosty Jacks jaked jakey once uttered to another.

1 hour ago, El Diez said:

Gorgie Rules.

Theres a lot of truth in that. This idea that they are the ‘friendly enemy’ grates on me. They absolutely despise us, and too many in our number listen to and believe their pish. You see their crap trotted out on here by Hearts fans more and more these days. They need put back in their box.

41 minutes ago, superjack said:

This song always reminds me of that day, I'm sure we first heard it after Darren Barr decided on that day to open his goal scoring account for the famous.

Did we not just play Give it Up by KC and the Sunshine Band after every goal? My memory might be a bit hazy but that's at least how I remember it

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As soon as I saw Her Majesty The Queen on TV, in the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow where I watched the game, emerge from Trooping of the Colour, in a maroon limo, I knew that we would win. All bets were off from that moment on. Send her, and us, victorious!!

You're a cock! you're a cock!

10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Did we not just play Give it Up by KC and the Sunshine Band after every goal? My memory might be a bit hazy but that's at least how I remember it

I always thought both were played, mind you, our day started at 0800 in the locarno. In fact, it is fair to say I was pished by 1100 that morning.

I had £10 @ 28/1 on the legend that is Darren Barr, first goalscorer, also had £10 on Zal first goalscorer, for some strange reason Zal was something like 35/1, considering Darren Barr hadn't scored for us yet.

Always thought we would get lots of joy on set pieces against them.

collected the winnings from William Kings near the Victoria Hospital, bookie said that he had taking a tanking from hearts fans that day ??

Paid for the champagne all night.

met the Mrs uptown later that night , she says she watched me coming up the road to meet her, full Hearts kilt on, bottle of champagne in each hand and a grin on me like a dog with 2 cocks

FTH

Edited by YHD Jambo

9 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Sorry to be pedantic but he was playing midfield in the final. Back 4 was McGowan Webster Zaliukas Grainger. 

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We'd booked a taxi to take us to Tynie to get the bus through - a maroon one turned up. I took it as a good sign. 

48 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

We'd booked a taxi to take us to Tynie to get the bus through - a maroon one turned up. I took it as a good sign. 

Yes, signs like that are good omens. Imagine if a green one had turned up!!

48 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

9 hours ago, superjack said:

I always thought both were played, mind you, our day started at 0800 in the locarno. In fact, it is fair to say I was pished by 1100 that morning.

Levels was pre match as the teams came out I think. Give It Up after each of the goals. Not sure what was played after their goal?

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Levels was pre match as the teams came out I think. Give It Up after each of the goals. Not sure what was played after their goal?

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere iirc

12 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Only matched by Ryan McGowans celebrations that day

GP37097535.jpg

£10 first goal at 33 to 1, yes a Legend all right. Ya dancer.

iwasthere1954
11 hours ago, superjack said:

This is my ring tone on my wife's mobile. When I hear this on the radio my mind always goes back to that glorious day. FTH