• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Wee Mikey

**** Sunderland. The Hibs of Newcastle. 

Dunne would be better out of there sooner rather than later. Always welcome back. 

He was a great signing for us.. .

He's the sort of player we should be trying to KEEP. 

I'm not saying that his club would let him go.. 

but the amount of money we've wasted on utter crap over the years, 

We should be cutting that right down so that we've at least got something to offer these types of players. 

Oshaniwa, Amankwaa, Maulary Martin, 

Probably could of got a couple of dunnes for the money on those frauds. 

Not to mention all the journey men throughout the Cathro era and Cathro's wages. 

Probably could of signed Ronaldo. 

Edited by Top Corner

i wish jj was my dad
51 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We should be cutting that right down so that we've at least got something to offer these types of players. 

Not to mention all the journey men throughout the Cathro era and Cathro's wages. 

He wasn't our player and we can't come close to matching Burnley or Sunderland financially. 

How do you suggest we 'KEEP'?

3 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Oh dear!

So far from reality it's almost in Never Never Land.

• 1 month later...

Unused substitute again tonight as Sunderland look to be dropping home points to 10th placed Burton.

Worth a cheeky enquiry come the end of the season?

Appreciate there’ll be a gulf in wages but a move back up north may help him kick start a career seemingly stalling. 

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Unused substitute again tonight as Sunderland look to be dropping home points to 10th placed Burton.

Appreciate there’ll be a gulf in wages but a move back up north may help him kick start a career seemingly stalling. 

Only of Souttar is sold. 

With Souttar, Berra, Halkett, and Dikamona I can't see room for him.

jack D and coke
On 16/02/2019 at 20:24, Sir Gio said:

Nobody should be judged on Sunderland. 

I'll say a lot about Derek McInnes but I give him due credit for giving them a big bodyswerve

Yeah they seem to have some serious delusions of grandeur down there.

A biggish club but absolutely nobody can seem to make a job of it. 

Surprised McGeough hasn’t done better too tbh. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah they seem to have some serious delusions of grandeur down there.

A biggish club but absolutely nobody can seem to make a job of it. 

Surprised McGeough hasn’t done better too tbh. 

McGeough is the kind of player we should be in for.

15 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Ozturk on the bench for them also tonight.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Absolutely aye. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

McGeouch subbed on 29 minutes. 

Absolute crock. No ta

He’ll fit in with our squad then.

I miss Jimmy Dunne. 

You got the impression that he "got" Hearts. He gave his all for the team, which is even more admirable since he was never actually our own player, just someone who came in on loan. It's not his fault he's not here, and wasting on the bench in League One.  I bet if you'd asked him, he'd have happily stayed. 

That's exactly the sort of attitude we need on the pitch. People who want to play for the club, not just for the payslip, or the "stepping stone" to somewhere "better".

I would love him to come back.  It would not only be a statement of intent, and proof that we can attract a higher calibre of player, but I reckon he'd enjoy it back here as well!

Edited by tian447

22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I miss Jimmy Dunne. 

You got the impression that he "got" Hearts. He gave his all for the team, which is even more admirable since he was never actually our own player, just someone who came in on loan. It's not his fault he's not here, and wasting on the bench in League One.  I bet if you'd asked him, he'd have happily stayed. 

That's exactly the sort of attitude we need on the pitch. People who want to play for the club, not just for the payslip, or the "stepping stone" to somewhere "better".

I would love him to come back.  It would not only be a statement of intent, and proof that we can attract a higher calibre of player, but I reckon he'd enjoy it back here as well!

I'd take him as well. 

I suppose the issue (if you ignore finances) is where he fits in between Halkett, Souttar, Berra and Dikamona. Berra's hamstring issue looks like its knocked his game big time which could mean a reduced role next season. Souttar is undoubtedly destined for big things, and Halkett is here to play games. 

I think signing Halkett was probably (if it was ever on the cards) the opportunity cost for Jimmy Dunne (At least for now). 

His attitude is first class and its a shame to see him faltering at Sunderland, although I suspect they could make Ronaldo look average. 

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd take him as well. 

I suppose the issue (if you ignore finances) is where he fits in between Halkett, Souttar, Berra and Dikamona. Berra's hamstring issue looks like its knocked his game big time which could mean a reduced role next season. Souttar is undoubtedly destined for big things, and Halkett is here to play games. 

I think signing Halkett was probably (if it was ever on the cards) the opportunity cost for Jimmy Dunne (At least for now). 

His attitude is first class and its a shame to see him faltering at Sunderland, although I suspect they could make Ronaldo look average. 

Completely ignoring finances, a back 3, of Dunne, Halkett and Souttar, with Berra rotating in? 

With a pair of decent wing backs, that would be dreamland! 

Dunne was great for us. I’d imagine he’s out our price range and we look to have done our business in that area.

mcgeough will be back at the vermin if he goes anywhere I would imagine. He’s the type of player we have been crying out for but haven’t been able to get for years , more to do with our recruitment team not being any good tbh in most cases

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’m questioning Berra’s long term future personally. I know he just signed a deal but I think he’s ****ed.

Hope not Jammy. I think he's put in a few decent performances when played in the middle.  Hopefully, if he gets himself sorted over the summer and played in the right position next season the big man will be fine.

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dunne was great for us. I’d imagine he’s out our price range and we look to have done our business in that area.

mcgeough will be back at the vermin if he goes anywhere I would imagine. He’s the type of player we have been crying out for but haven’t been able to get for years , more to do with our recruitment team not being any good tbh in most cases

I miss Dunne, so cool on the ball.

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’m questioning Berra’s long term future personally. I know he just signed a deal but I think he’s ****ed.

I hope you are wrong but fear you may be correct.

Maroonblood22
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Unfortunately this is where I'm at. Absolutely gutted to think that may be the case but I think that injury has finished him.

I think we've really missed Jimmy at the back.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Dunne was a class act, played very well against Hibs in the October Derby, seemed to have a hatred for them too in his post match interview.  Exactly the type of player we need back.  He is more than a solid defender, remember in that game how often he got us to the halfway line by carrying the ball.

10 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Whilst i agree

McGeough has been infected with the hobo virus,  and if he does return to Scotland,  it will be to the tramps down Leith 

Heartsofgold
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I'm with you on this one Jammy.  He was never the fastest but he looks like he's lost a yard of pace.  He looks hesitant to put his foot through the ball when its needed. maybe he doesn't want to over tax his hamstring, I don't know.

The lack of pace has meant he's had to get much tighter to players and he's been skinned quite a few times.  Maybe a rest and a good preseason will sort him out but I have my doubts.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Hope not Jammy. I think he's put in a few decent performances when played in the middle.  Hopefully, if he gets himself sorted over the summer and played in the right position next season the big man will be fine.

My thoughts also. Whilst he has been a bit of colour he played well against Celtic and Aberdeen. I prefer to see it as a blip and his resolve / dedication will set him up nicely for nextseason.

32 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Whilst i agree

McGeough has been infected with the hobo virus,  and if he does return to Scotland,  it will be to the tramps down Leith 

I’d agree with that also.

will be on a decent wage though.

The Old Tolbooth
8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

If we'd stop playing him on the left side of the defence then I think he'd be a lot better, but I can see why you think this. 

59 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'm with you on this one Jammy.  He was never the fastest but he looks like he's lost a yard of pace.  He looks hesitant to put his foot through the ball when its needed. maybe he doesn't want to over tax his hamstring, I don't know.

The lack of pace has meant he's had to get much tighter to players and he's been skinned quite a few times.  Maybe a rest and a good preseason will sort him out but I have my doubts.

Berra 'never the fastest' ! Pretty pacy for a CH 

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Unfortunately this is my thinking as well, he's been back playing for months now, yet doesn't seem to have got any fitter in that time.

I think because of the severity of his injury, where Berra is now is as good as he's gonna get.

I hope I'm wrong, but we've all seen players come back from serious injuries and are never quite the same as before the injury, I'm thinking that this could well be the case with Berra.

rudi must stay

Dunne may be back in the future

Wouldn't be surprised at that. He got us and may be once that suffers from the crazy money teams are spending down south

10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

This is going to upset many folk but I think he's finished full stop. I mean, being realistic, what does he offer us if you take away his major attributes as this last injury appears to have done. His extreme enthusiasm and love for the club  aint enough and although it would seem cruel letting him go, I think we should. After all, even the best thoroughbred horses through little fault of their own can find themselves in the knackers yard.

Makems! I spit in your general direction.

Looking at CL's signing of Halkett and the new contract for Dikamona, I cannot see Berra being an automatic starter alongside Souttar UNLESS Souttar is sold which I doubt.

Halkett must have been given assurances of his place before he signed.  Souttar is international class.  So unless CL is planning to go 3 at the back as his preferred formation for next season, Berra would appear to be the player to drop down to the bench or move on.  I doubt Berra will be happy to be the club captain AND substitute.  Time will tell.

As for Dunne, I liked him but it is Burnley's call.  He is 22 in October so either he moves into Dyche's 1st team squad or he is released. I doubt he will have another loan spell. 

The Apprentice

I’d take Jimmy Dunne back in a heartbeat. Selfishly, I’m kind of glad to see him on the bench at Sunderland as it would increase our chances of getting him back permanently. 

McGeough on the other hand has always been and will always be blighted by injury. When he was at Hibs he couldn’t put a long run of games together without needing a couple of weeks out and that’s continued since he’s gone south. When he does play he rarely lasts 90 mins (subbed after half an hour last night). Good player no doubt, though. 

Pasquale for King

It would be great to see Dunne back but it would appear unlikely. As a few have said before agents play a big part in loan deals, which is why he left and went to Sunderland to raise his profile. I think Burnley might want to sell him in the summer, he’s good but maybe not quite at the level they need. Unless we have another CH injury or Souttar is sold another 6 month loan up here doesn’t seem to fit in with our plans or his.

Robbo-Jambo

Think Berra was back to soon and he has played every minute. Hopefully a break for a few weeks at end of season will help recover properly. 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unfortunately this is my thinking as well, he's been back playing for months now, yet doesn't seem to have got any fitter in that time.

I think because of the severity of his injury, where Berra is now is as good as he's gonna get.

I hope I'm wrong, but we've all seen players come back from serious injuries and are never quite the same as before the injury, I'm thinking that this could well be the case with Berra.

Recovery from injury would be down to the severity of the injury and the age of the injured player.  Berra will be 35yrs old next season, I suspect he will not be up to the rigors of playing in the premiership..

As an aside, Tasboy #1 suffered an ACL as an 18yrs old.  He was back playing after a few weeks following daily physiotherapy at BUPA.  The sad thing is that he injured the cruciate ligament on his other leg on his first game back (against Armadale Thugs FC) and had to drop down to playing amateur league.   While Tasboy #2 is the professional footballer in the family, I always considered #1 to be the more promising player. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Berra 'never the fastest' ! Pretty pacy for a CH 

Agree. He rarely loses a race

19 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I agree.

Maiden Gorgie
22 hours ago, Jammy T said:

This. However, hoping a large piece of R&R over the summer can help him going into next season.

• 3 years later...

Gary Locke does something similar before derbies, doesn't he?

Hearts-manager-Gary-Locke-celebrates-after-last-month-his-side-avoided-relegation-at-the-hands-of-their-city-rivals.thumb.jpg.0687432e2017cceac9e519a2a356b703.jpg

Edited by martoon

Craig Herbertson

I think I would understand Gary Locke. He's full of enthusiasm for Hearts. I'm not sure what I just saw in that video but if that was a team talk I may well start applying for football management jobs.

Naisys Tackle

Am I the only one that thought the guy was going to burst out singing "just sold my car to we buy any car" ?