• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Wee Mikey

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Mind that time folk were screaming for Jack Ross to get the Hearts gig? ?

Nobody should be judged on Sunderland. 

I'll say a lot about Derek McInnes but I give him due credit for giving them a big bodyswerve

30 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

He must be having a nightmare if there are calls for Ozturk to replace him!

Not his finest 90 mins that's for sure. 

56 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Half that thread is full of Mackems spouting shite about how bad Scottish football is if Dunne was rated up here.

You’d imagine they’d think twice about spouting that nonsense given the result of the very first game in their doc(mock)umentary. 0-5 v Celtic, iirc. Sunderland are pish. Said last night that as much as I like McLaughlin, he fecked off for cash (no problems with that really) in the greed is good land so I wish him/them zero success. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He always seems to be on the bench whilst John McGinn is bossing it and scoring goal of the century contenders in the league above. Yet JKB would have had you believe that McGeouch made McGinn look good. Another myth busted.

McGeogh was Hibs best midfielder for quite a while despite mcginn having more quality. Maybe just hasn’t made the step up down there

It's a lot easier up here. 

Not a lot of big athletic players. 

People like him should stay here and develop. 

It's all about the money though, so.. It is what it is. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

It's a lot easier up here. 

Not a lot of big athletic players. 

People like him should stay here and develop. 

It's all about the money though, so.. It is what it is. 

Burnley pay him. Burnley choose where to place him. Once at a club with positive vibes only to rip him away and place him in football's very own purgatory 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Burnley pay him. Burnley choose where to place him. Once at a club with positive vibes only to rip him away and place him in football's very own purgatory 

Fair enough,

They want him tested and learning against better opposition obviously.

Could make or break him. Thin line. 

Edited by Top Corner

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think this is good news for us.  Just goes to show how well we help develop loan players.... gets called up when he plays for us..... performances go south when he leaves.

This - although Dnglish folks will say it just

goes to show how shite our league is.

I’d disagree strongly with that.

Dunne got called up to his national team playing for us.

So did Souttar.

So did Djoum.

So did Naismith.

So did Smith.

So did Doyle.

So did Godhino.

As an aside, I found out something I thought was interesting about how the  balance between the club and the influence of agent in loan deals recently.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Fair enough,

Hardly think playing Accrington Stanley and AFC Wimbledon etc ... is testing himself against better opposition

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hardly think playing Accrington Stanley and AFC Wimbledon etc ... is testing himself against better opposition

Is he ****

I still don’t understand why people would think League One is our standard let alone better. Most of the Championship is horseshit let alone League One.

Edited by Jammy T

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So did Souttar.

So did Djoum.

So did Naismith.

So did Smith.

So did Doyle.

So did Godhino.

As an aside, I found out something I thought was interesting about how the  balance between the club and the influence of agent in loan deals recently.

So did McLaughlin who's with the aforementioned sunderland and hasn't had a peep at the national team since 

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Theres no “think” about it. L1 is pretty pish.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Haring and Naismith are our two most booked players. Perhaps it correlates to desire and effort on the part of the individual.

They will be lucky to have the 20 bookings he had last season combined at the end of the season.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So did Souttar.

So did Djoum.

So did Naismith.

So did Smith.

So did Doyle.

So did Godhino.

I don’t think you can say it’s because our league is good though. Souttar was called up because he’s good and like many others playing in his country’s league. Naismith/Doyle/Smith/Hughes alongside guys like Rherras were recalled whilst playing here, along with Godhino our league is better than their own domestic version. 

I’ve seen a few quotes recently about Dunnes agent, did he engineer his move to Sunderland. You wouldn’t think they were part of the discussions.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

So did McLaughlin who's with the aforementioned sunderland and hasn't had a peep at the national team since 

He didn’t get much chance before to be honest, his £10-20k a week will see him ok though, he will get a chance when Macgregor/Gordon retire by 2020.

49 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Fair enough,

Different not better

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's interesting. There's English players like Joey Barton who flopped in Scotland and Scottish players who can't make it in England. 

I think it's horses for courses more than 1 league is shite. 

The Championship absolutely isn't shite though. Standard in that league is on the rise. The top 6 in our league are setting higher standards this season too

I really liked dunne.  Showed alot of potential and passion, seemed to get our club.   I did feel though that he looked very uncomfortable with diagonal long balls over his head and got caught out a few times by this up here.  He also took a few games to find his feet which is understandable.

I think he will be a good defender in time but the pressure at Sunderland for such a young lad in a defence that looks shakey at best may not be great for his development.  He really should of stayed with us next to berra and souttar, cant underestimate how good they 2 will be to any young centre defender playing first 50 competative games.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

McGeogh was Hibs best midfielder for quite a while despite mcginn having more quality. Maybe just hasn’t made the step up down there

The fact is that McGeouch went to English League One for free and is struggling whereas McGinn went to the English Championship for millions and is excelling. All the evidence points to McGinn being the far better player both in Scotland and down in England.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

It's interesting. There's who flopped in Scotland and Scottish players who can't make it in England. 

I think it's horses for courses more than 1 league is shite. 

The Championship absolutely isn't shite though. Standard in that league is on the rise. The top 6 in our league are setting higher standards this season too

Barton was 33 or 34 when he came up to Scotland, I don't think any modern English player in their prime would struggle up here. Defoe, Cole, Barton etc have all thought it was an easy buck and then been found out due to their age.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think you can say it’s because our league is good though. Souttar was called up because he’s good and like many others playing in his country’s league. Naismith/Doyle/Smith/Hughes alongside guys like Rherras were recalled whilst playing here, along with Godhino our league is better than their own domestic version. 

I’ve seen a few quotes recently about Dunnes agent, did he engineer his move to Sunderland. You wouldn’t think they were part of the discussions.

I always assumed that the parent club chose what club it’s loan players go to - and maybe that is sometimes the case. But often, as long as the parent club thinks the league is appropriate, the player’s agent finds a loan club.

Re your first point, my point was that most of those playeds have done well for their national teams whilst being with us so we can’t be that shite.

Edited by Jammy T

41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't think any modern English player in their prime would struggle up here. 

You don’t believe this, surely? It’s possible that I’m misunderstanding what you mean when you say “modern English player”, though.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You don’t believe this, surely? It’s possible that I’m misunderstanding what you mean when you say “modern English player”, though.

As in any household name from the English Premier League or some bigger names from the English Championship. Defoe or Barton at their peak would have been incredible in Scotland. As would your non English EPL stars such as Keane, Krancjar and Lungberg

I think Souttar deserves some credit for Dunne, he played beside him and the two just clicked and were on the same wavelength.

Then Dunne taking lead when Souttar was injured, ushering Dikamona.

I think it is nothing to do with whatever quality some people think is in a pish English League 1, but it is down to management and who he is learning from. Hearts have the perfect balance in defence, Levein is a god to learn that from.

I would ****ing love us to sign Dunne in the summer. I feel dirty saying it, but on his form in the first part of the season, he'd be ahead of Berra for me. We did go on that long unbeaten run with Dunne playing a key part after all.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's rich coming from a bunch of losers like them watching their pish struggling to get their usual draws against the mighty Blackpool and Accrington who are they Stanley.

It's not called The Stadium of Shite for nothing

Just remember they moved there from Joker Park

:jj_facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As in any household name from the English Premier League or some bigger names from the English Championship. Defoe or Barton at their peak would have been incredible in Scotland. As would your non English EPL stars such as Keane, Krancjar and Lungberg

That is fair enough. Didn’t mean to appear catty or whatever. I misunderstood what you meant. :thumbsup:

Guest Paul Allen

Dunne on here was similar to Demi in here last season. A few good games and everyone was falling over themselves to say we have a player on our hands here. Fact is Dunne would rightly be behind Berra and Souttar in the pecking order and both of these two are mid to lower English Championship standard players at best.

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That is fair enough. Didn’t mean to appear catty or whatever. I misunderstood what you meant. :thumbsup:

No worries.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I always assumed that the parent club chose what club it’s loan players go to - and maybe that is sometimes the case. But often, as long as the parent club thinks the league is appropriate, the player’s agent finds a loan club.

Re your first point, my point was that most of those playeds have done well for their national teams whilst being with us so we can’t be that shite.

I hadn’t really thought of the agent being involved, just thought it would be us looking for a player and then contacting the club. 

Yeah you’re right about them doing well for their countries but they all play for some really crap teams.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Sunderland are the biggest basket case in football. Come home in the Summer please Jimmy

Worse than Rangers, Hibs, Bolton etc etc ???‍♂️

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Mind that time folk were screaming for Jack Ross to get the Hearts gig? ?

If they win their game in hand they’re 3 points off second and he’s signed some good players, did well with St Midden too. It’s not an easy league to get out, as Robbie would testify to. Might well be back in the future, who knows.

Jambof3tornado
12 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He seemed to love his time with us, poor decision from Burnley to send him to Sunderland. If they don’t get promoted this season it’s a disaster so the pressure from the  fans will be horrific. On another note i see Ozturk doesn’t even get on the bench for them.

He was loaned out to get game time. He wasnt going to see much action with us so they sent him somewhere else. Not exactly a poor decision if you ask me.

Portable Badger
14 hours ago, Bauld said:

With Levein, Hughes, Berra and even Souttar (experienced for his age) at the club it is no surprise that he did well with us. He had the right people around him all the time.

This

i think it's the same reason Souttar has developed so much in the last 18 months as well.

3 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

This

i think it's the same reason Souttar has developed so much in the last 18 months as well.

:spoton:

12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

So did Souttar.

So did Djoum.

So did Naismith.

So did Smith.

So did Doyle.

So did Godhino.

This is a fantastic selling point for our club. 

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Would love Jimmy ?? back. Gave his all to us and came across as a really nice guy.

Come home Jimmy!

It hurts we never got to see a back 3 of Dunne Souttar and Berra. Would have been the Great Wall of Gorgie :( 

15 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Half that thread is full of Mackems spouting shite about how bad Scottish football is if Dunne was rated up here.

To be fair they wouldn't know too much about us, if they hadn't signed half of Scotland I wouldn't know any of their players either.  I'd be picking McGeoch in our midfield, but by the sounds of it Michael Smith would be their best centre half.  

The combination of Levein & Berra can induce almost super-human performances from young laddies.  Brandon at LB last season for example.

Dunne played well for us and I think he's good enough but if he'd be playing alongside Ozturk in a shaky defence I'm sure I'd have a different opinion.

Jimmy’s Dunne struggling says more about the quality of player he’s currently playing beside than it does about the standard of our league