Tempered glass screen protector.

The Real Maroonblood

I've used them on my last three phones, which were all dropped at various times, and I've never had a broken screen. The only down side for me, is that I'm shit at putting them on and always have at least one bubble or bit of dust under the thing, no matter how careful I think I'm being.

My Mrs put one on her phone a couple of years ago. Dropped it and her screen smashed and the protector was fine. Filed under "shite". 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

I've used them on my last three phones, which were all dropped at various times, and I've never had a broken screen. The only down side for me, is that I'm shit at putting them on and always have at least one bubble or bit of dust under the thing, no matter how careful I think I'm being.

Thanks for that.

I’ve thought about going to a shopping mall were there are usually people there that fit them but I don’t know efficient they are.

Captain Price

They’re a lifesaver in my opinion, I’m forever dropping my phone and the tempered glass, although slightly chipped, hasn’t even cracked...yet. Also helps with keys and coins in the pocket.

Jambof3tornado

Use one on my galaxy s9. No issues. Wife dropped her matching phone and screen protector cracked but screen was fine so I assume they do what they claim if you get a decent one.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, westbow said:

Better to get a case with a front cover. Done that for 4 years and not a problem. Replaced my wallet as you can use it for credit cards etc.

I’ve got that at the moment.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Use one on my galaxy s9. No issues. Wife dropped her matching phone and screen protector cracked but screen was fine so I assume they do what they claim if you get a decent one.

Did you fit it yourself?

I have a screen protector and they do take the brunt of the impact, they arent perfect but cheap enough.

Manage to put them on without any real bubbling but its a bit faffy.

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks for that.

I’ve thought about going to a shopping mall were there are usually people there that fit them but I don’t know efficient they are.

I always go to the stall at Waverley market. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Did you fit it yourself?

Yes. Coz the s9 screen curves round the edges its hard to arse it up. Line up and drop into place, job done.

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes. Coz the s9 screen curves round the edges its hard to arse it up. Line up and drop into place, job done.

It’s a s9 I’ve got so I’ll think it over.

Things like that I’m a feartie.

16 hours ago, westbow said:

Better to get a case with a front cover. Done that for 4 years and not a problem. Replaced my wallet as you can use it for credit cards etc.

So if someone steals your phone, they steal your credit cards too. 

I always found the curved ones for Galaxy edge phones to not be very good.

My girlfriend has always used them on her iPhone and they've saved her phone many times over.

I've since got a pixel and using one on that and it seems great, makes me much less worried putting keys in my pocket with it 

19 hours ago, Taffin said:

(I always found the curved ones for Galaxy edge phones to not be very good.)

My girlfriend has always used them on her iPhone and they've saved her phone many times over.

I've since got a pixel and using one on that and it seems great, makes me much less worried putting keys in my pocket with it 

Correct , mines kept falling off now my screen is all scratched :(

I’ve always used one since I got a new phone and dropped it 2 days later and smashed the screen. So far, so good. Plenty of drops but no smashed screens.

1 hour ago, westbow said:

you're right, best not leave the house

I get where you are coming from and would usually agree but in this instance I reckon he makes a fair point.

It makes it very easy for someone to take all your means of payment in one instance as well as your ability to quickly have the cards cancelled.

If they are separate and someone nabs your cards then you can call the bank straight away from you mobile and use mobile payments to get by. Equally, if they take your phone then you at least have your cards to access cash which can get you out of any situation a little easier.

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I get where you are coming from and would usually agree but in this instance I reckon he makes a fair point.

It makes it very easy for someone to take all your means of payment in one instance as well as your ability to quickly have the cards cancelled.

If they are separate and someone nabs your cards then you can call the bank straight away from you mobile and use mobile payments to get by. Equally, if they take your phone then you at least have your cards to access cash which can get you out of any situation a little easier.

Will you be able to use mobile payments after you've phoned your bank to report the theft though? I would have thought mobile pay methods were linked to the card, not the account.

Edited by Lemongrab

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Will you be able to use mobile payments after you've phoned your bank to report the theft though? I would have thought mobile pay methods were linked to the card, not the account.

Very good point. I hadn't thought about that ?

Get a full silicone case, they are excellent and about 3-6 quid (depends on phone), I have dropped/squashed/crushed and even lobbed my phone (at high velocity) and my silicon case has saved the day!!

Genuinely can't recommend anything other thatn it, your phone retains full functionality and is basically captain scarlet too!!

Obviously incapable at the moment of taking a photo of it, lol, I'll call the wife and find out if she knows where she got them from, I have had this phone (aj3 6 or something) for over two years and have 0 damage to my phone, let alone the screen!

Edited by lauriesrank

Something like this:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/DN-TECHNOLOGY%C2%AE-Protection-Absorption-Technology-Transparent/dp/B07B1TH1RV/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1550496056&sr=8-16&keywords=galaxy+s9+silicone+case

Seems that doesn't have a ffront though, I'll keep looking, front is only a protector, it's the full case you want.

Edited by lauriesrank

1 hour ago, lauriesrank said:

Something like this:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/DN-TECHNOLOGY%C2%AE-Protection-Absorption-Technology-Transparent/dp/B07B1TH1RV/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1550496056&sr=8-16&keywords=galaxy+s9+silicone+case

Seems that doesn't have a ffront though, I'll keep looking, front is only a protector, it's the full case you want.

I have one of them , it doesn't stop your screen getting scratched  

2 hours ago, jambogaz1968 said:

I have one of them , it doesn't stop your screen getting scratched  

No I meant the whole thing as I said 'it's the full case you want'

The full case is excellent.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'd recommend the ZAGG ones, come with a lifetime warranty, i've had them on my phones and tablets for the past few years and while i'm forever dropping my phone i've never had to replace or fix a broken screen, i've also had a couple of free replacement screens from ZAGG over the years due to cracks on the screen protector after being dropped. 

6 hours ago, lauriesrank said:

I've bought one like the the type I think you mean on ebay for less than £3, with free postage, for my work S8.  I've used it for about a year, with my phone in my pocket with keys etc, and the phone is still pristine.

Here's one for the S9.  £2.89 with free postage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Samsung-Galaxy-360-Full-Body-Case-Shockproof-Silicone-Bumper-Gel-Cover/263984965605?hash=item3d76bae7e5:m:mnFenOIFfPKWVjFI1On_Hwg:rk:34:pf:0