Compliance Officer

part_time_jambo

part_time_jambo

Kilmarnock and Hibs both criticising the review system this week. Hearts have done it recently too, and Aberdeen and Rangers when it suits them.

There is obviously something wrong with the system that needs addressed. It appears to be too selective in what incidents are picked for review, leaving it open to accusations of bias.

one good thing about what dempster has said is the bit about trial by sportscene

“Trial by Sportscene? Absolutely, no one is going to convince me otherwise. That is exactly what it is, as well as still photography

Like every other possible innovation, VAR, fourth officials, assistants behind the goal, panels, compliance officers, appeals etc, etc, etc... it’s completely pointless until the referees can be trusted to officiate every game without fear nor favour. These are all good innovations but if they are applied to a biased, corrupt or incompetent system, then they aren’t going to change anything.

With no evidence to back myself up, I don't see it as a problem with the compliance officer, I see it is a problem with the panel which they use to review the incidents once they have been referred by the compliance officer. It should consist of professional referees or referee supervisors of high standing from outside this country.

portobellojambo1

The laws of the game should be getting applied correctly and consistently at each game, by the referee and linesmen appointed. The requirement for a compliance officer is an open admission that the referees/linesmen being appointed can't or won't apply the rules correctly and consistently. Every time the compliance officer has to take action it means the referee and his assistants failed to apply the laws of the game and it is they that should be punished/removed. If, however, it is determined that the compliance officer only became involved because of pressure from one of the OF then is the point to say football should be wound up as a sport.

Edited by portobellojambo1

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

With no evidence to back myself up, I don't see it as a problem with the compliance officer, I see it is a problem with the panel which they use to review the incidents once they have been referred by the compliance officer. It should consist of professional referees or referee supervisors of high standing from outside this country.

If the Referee does his job properly then there is no reason to review anything. 

Edited by Artful Dodger

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

If the Referee does his job properly and there is no reason to review anything. 

Even the best referees can't see everything and make mistakes. There's always room for retrospective action on incorrect or missed decisions.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Even the best referees can't see everything and make mistakes. There's always room for retrospective action on incorrect or missed decisions.

That's why they have linesman, nobody has a problem with the odd mistake. We're not taking about the odd mistake here, we're taking about nearly every game in the SPFL.

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

That's why they have linesman, nobody has a problem with the odd mistake. We're not taking about the odd mistake here, we're taking about nearly every game in the SPFL.

That's why we need professional referees and VAR.

I like the idea of the compliance officer, the problem is that it seems totally random what incidents get brought up. As others said, trial by sportscene seems to be the norm.

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Homme said:

Corrupt to the core and not even trying to hide it.

Only one team benefits and that is Celtic. 

Simply not true. This is about both sides of the old firm.

It will stay simply because it benefits both halves of the Old Firm. Just look at the blatant inconsistencies; Naismith boots Brown in the knackers, 2 game ban, Morelos boots Brown in the knackers (along with another couple of kick outs), no action taken. They don't even try to hide it and we have no avenue for any questioning of the failure to apply the same rules to each particular incident. If Craig says anything, he is hit with a ban, meanwhile other managers allude to the flaws in the procedure without actually mentioning any specific incident. We really need a decent journalist to step up to the mark and get a hold of whichever suit is in charge at the SFA these days and lay before him the obvious differences in the way each incident is treated. Unfortunately, as the MSM are so far up the Old Firms sphincter (apart from maybe Tom English), there is more chance of doing origami with fecking clingfilm than this happening.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Its horribly self-policing so we just sit here suspecting its made up of old firm lackeys.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I like the idea of the compliance officer, the problem is that it seems totally random what incidents get brought up. As others said, trial by sportscene seems to be the norm.

The number of times serious incidents are ignored entirely only to focus on something more innocuous rips my knitting. That show feels little more than part of the same system, which is Glasgow and old firm favouring at every turn. 

Root cause of the problem is that referees do not referee the game to the rules.

They appear to interpret the rules to suit their own views/perspective.

This creates inconsistencies in their decision making and causes them to be lenient on certain players/teams and pernickety on giving fouls against other players/teams.

Example of this is how Morales plays the game and get away with offences, and how Uche is treated such as he slips and ref gives a foul against him or a defender has both arms around him and foul given to defender cause he can’t stop Uche.

If referees applied the rules correctly and consistently, then there would be no need for post game refereeing.

The root cause and fault of current crisis has solely been created by the referees themselves.

And they are the ones that can solve the problems by acting fairly and without bias.

part_time_jambo
6 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Root cause of the problem is that referees do not referee the game to the rules.

They appear to interpret the rules to suit their own views/perspective.

This creates inconsistencies in their decision making and causes them to be lenient on certain players/teams and pernickety on giving fouls against other players/teams.

Example of this is how Morales plays the game and get away with offences, and how Uche is treated such as he slips and ref gives a foul against him or a defender has both arms around him and foul given to defender cause he can’t stop Uche.

If referees applied the rules correctly and consistently, then there would be no need for post game refereeing.

The root cause and fault of current crisis has solely been created by the referees themselves.

And they are the ones that can solve the problems by acting fairly and without bias.

Couldn't have been Uche. The real Uche would have shrugged his shoulders and sent the guy flying.

11 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Couldn't have been Uche. The real Uche would have shrugged his shoulders and sent the guy flying.

Both incidents were in the first few minutes of Uche comeback as sub against Livi. 

He got a foul awarded to him in his first touch then every single  interaction afterwards he was penalised regardless that he was the one being impeded or fouled or, as I say, even when he slipped !!!

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Simply not true. This is about both sides of the old firm.

Not seen Rangers get much in the way of favours. 

17 minutes ago, Homme said:

morelos beginning of the season. morelos not being cited for incidents in OF game

i wish jj was my dad
38 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

morelos beginning of the season. morelos not being cited for incidents in OF game

or pulled up for behaviour at tynecastle

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Homme said:

The offside goal at Tynie this season surely a favour from the linesman?

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

OK. So they've got off with some. So have all teams I'll bet. 

Rangers have had the most citations of all teams. 

Celtic absolutely none. Not one. 

46 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

The offside goal at Tynie this season surely a favour from the linesman?

Nothing to do with the compliance officer.