Ear infection

LeftBack

Diagnosed on Monday and got antibiotics. In absolute agony. Prescribed more painkillers on Wednesday. Still in agony. Definitely the most pain I've been in for the longest time. Anyone else had it - and please tell me it goes away soon

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Diagnosed on Monday and got antibiotics. In absolute agony. Prescribed more painkillers on Wednesday. Still in agony. Definitely the most pain I've been in for the longest time. Anyone else had it - and please tell me it goes away soon

Never had that but I’m told it’s worse than toothache.

I hope you get well soon.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Never had that but I’m told it’s worse than toothache.

I hope you get well soon.

Cheers mate. Its horrendous 

Suffered very badly from this when young, sporadically throughout adult hood, which is annoying as my ears are useless (deaf 100% in Right, only 20% hearing in Left).

I've never experienced pain from wisdom tooth or migraine, but for a pain inside your head, it would take a lot of beating.

When young my mother used to pour warm olive oil in my ears.

Had an operation to replace burst (really BURST, not perforated) eardrum to Right, when 12, this failed and eventually went totally deaf there. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was told by someone to drink warmed up Pineapple juice as there is an enzyme in it which works on ears if they are inflamed. Tried it and it did seem to work but can't say for certain. 

Afew years ago, I had Bulosa Myringitis(?) which is blisters on the eardrum. One burst when I was on the bypass. The pain was unbelievable. Blood and pus pouring out my ear. I was screaming. God knows what the folk in the car next to me thought. Later that day the other ear did the same. Deaf for a couple of days although the eardrum wasn't perforforated.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I just checked and the Pineapple enzyme ' Bromelain' has to be freshly squeezed and not from concentrated juices. Again it might work or it could be an old wife's tale. 

2 hours ago, inspector said:

Afew years ago, I had Bulosa Myringitis(?) which is blisters on the eardrum. One burst when I was on the bypass. The pain was unbelievable. Blood and pus pouring out my ear. I was screaming. God knows what the folk in the car next to me thought. Later that day the other ear did the same. Deaf for a couple of days although the eardrum wasn't perforforated.

That sounds grim.

Would have freaked me out more sitting next to you at the lights with you screaming and blood pouring out your ears.

31 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

That sounds grim.

Would have freaked me out more sitting next to you at the lights with you screaming and blood pouring out your ears.

Did nip a bit