Best individual Hearts player performance

iantjambo

On the back of the other thread.

I'll probably think of another one, but off the top of my head, I remember a game at Tynecastle during the 90's against Partick Thistle and John Colquhoun was absolutely untouchable. He scored the only goal of the game and would've created god knows how many more if his teammates had had their shooting boots on.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Skippy Doodle

• Smack

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

Neil McCann, league cup final 1997. Nearly got us to our first trophy in my lifetime.

Fortunately didn't have too much longer to wait.

That is a terrific shout ??

Bazzas right boot
Just now, HoGwash said:

Neil McCann, league cup final 1997. Nearly got us to our first trophy in my lifetime.

Fortunately didn't have too much longer to wait.

Yip, Has to be close as best individual performance. 

Natural to go for a game we won, but that is a cracking shout. 

Gary Mckay had a stormer in a 4-0 v Motherwell just as Jeffries turned us around and we were playing the best football I've seen us play, ever. 

Carl Fredrickson

Would agree with the McCann shout but would also say Henry Smith circa 1985 at Parkhead had an outstanding game. He played so well in what I think was a 1-1 draw that he featured on the Saints and Greavsie Show the following week. :)

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That is a terrific shout ??

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

Too slow ??

Great minds.

It was 1996 though.  :whistling:

4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Alan Johnston hat trick at Ibrox, many more though.

That's another cracker.  :thumbsup: 

First that springs to my mind was Henry at Parkhead in late 1983. He was incredible that day, defying them over and over. That thing McGarvey did score but Jimmy Bone got us a 1-1 draw. 

A week or two later Smith's performance was highlighted on Saint & Greavsie. The latter refused to believe that a Scottish goalkeeper could be that good and suggested he must be English. Cue Henry at Tynecastle showing his birth certificate to the camera and telling Greaves that his teammates had a message for him. Camera panned out and the squad were lined up giving the GIRUY gesture. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It was 1996 though.  :whistling:

Very late 1996. I celebrate new year really early.  ?

I forgot the league cup was played to a finish in a few months in those days. Still should be imo.

Just now, HoGwash said:

Very late 1996. I celebrate new year really early.  ?

I forgot the league cup was played to a finish in a few months in those days. Still should be imo.

:lol: 

:thumbsup: 

McCann 1996

De Vries 2002

Blackie 2012

Stevo 2013

I can remember when we beat Rangers 1-0 in early 05/06 season. Brellier absolutely bossed it that day. It’s up there ?? 

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Neil McCann versus Rangers in the 1996 League Cup Final.

Not sure there is anyone who's come close to that kind of performance in the 50+ years I've been following HMFC. He was so good that Rangers (sadly now no more) substituted Cleland at h/t and put two men on him in the second half (maybe Moore and an other?) and even then they couldn't contain him

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

Not sure there is anyone who's come close to that kind of performance in the 50+ years I've been following HMFC. He was so good that Rangers (sadly now no more) substituted Cleland at h/t and put two men on him in the second half (maybe Moore and an other?) and even then they couldn't contain him

Bang on ?

If ever a player deserved a winners medal, it was wee Neil that day.

Rudi against St Mirren in what was potentially our last ever game, down to 10 men, cue Skacel hat trick.  He just wouldn’t let us lose.

I agree with shouts for McCann in league cup final, think there were 4 players trying to stop him towards the end. Bloody robbed we were too, Bjorkland should have been sent off, so we stop, Gascoigne plays on and scores. Dodgy linesman.  

Samuel Camazzola
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Neil McCann versus Rangers in the 1996 League Cup Final.

This is the first one that sprung to mind with me. A performance deserving of a winner's medal. 

Another that stands out as a true captain's performance was Pressley away to Falkirk 2005. 

Down to ten men after about 20 minutes when Gordon was sent off and 2-0 down. Pressley scored two - including a last minute equaliser - to keep us unbeaten. The great man showed his passion by beating his chest which may upset a few on here. 

?

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

You can get the half hour highlights on Youtube and it is a phenomenal game - probably the best game I’ve ever been at. Not the best result of course, or even best atmosphere, or most important but it’s an absolute belter of a match.

McCann was rightly awarded a Coca Cola branded mountain bike for his performance :lol:

21 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Rudi against St Mirren in what was potentially our last ever game, down to 10 men, cue Skacel hat trick.  He just wouldn’t let us lose.

First one I thought of. It was like watching 1 man against an entire team and he dismantled them.

Rudi.....why can't you be young forever ?

25 minutes ago, naeclue said:

I agree with shouts for McCann in league cup final, think there were 4 players trying to stop him towards the end. Bloody robbed we were too, Bjorkland should have been sent off, so we stop, Gascoigne plays on and scores. Dodgy linesman.  

Yup that was one vs St Mirren was the ine i thought of.

De Vries vs them

Hartley vs them

and McCann as well obviously

EasternRossco
29 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Paul Hartley 2006 semi-final

Going by your name I'm assuming we are similar ages so this must be a generational thing but this would be my shout too! That first goal

sweeet.png

12 minutes ago, Smack said:

Colin Cameron was also causing mayhem on the right wing in the 96 Skol Cup or whatever it was. Can't believe we lost that. 

I can. 

Hugh Dallas was the referee.

Derek Ferguson in the skol cup v the hun. We lost but he was feking incredible that day. Sadly never replicated it much but it was a performance that was nigh on perfection 

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I can. 

Hugh Dallas was the referee.

Fair point well made ? Willie Young came through for us in 98, so as the saying goes these things even themselves out over the course of a century. 

10 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

Going by your name I'm assuming we are similar ages so this must be a generational thing but this would be my shout too! That first goal

sweeet.png

That was a fantastic goal, didn’t break stride, just knew where the goal was, great build up too.

EasternRossco
24 minutes ago, naeclue said:

That was a fantastic goal, didn’t break stride, just knew where the goal was, great build up too.

Always think the mark of something special is something that would be hugely challenging to replicate. Im a pretty decent player but if I tried that finish 100 times I genuinely don't think I'd come close. 

1 hour ago, naeclue said:

Rudi was gone by the time our "last ever game" rolled around.

I mentioned Barr away to Falkirk as one of the worst performances I've seen, but the other side of the coin is Suso in that same game. He was absolutely incredible that night and you could tell he was shattered coming off the park.

A proper winger who tormented his full back all night.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I mentioned Barr away to Falkirk as one of the worst performances I've seen, but the other side of the coin is Suso in that same game. He was absolutely incredible that night and you could tell he was shattered coming off the park.

He was only shattered because of the side hustle serving the cerveza at half time. 

[Spanish waiter? Anyone remember? I'll get my coat] 

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Came here to say Neil McCann in the '96 Coca Cup Final as well but easily beaten to it. 

He was unbelievable that day. Despite losing that match, you got the feeling a trophy wasn't far away. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Bath8DGic

I was at Parkhead that day, couple days before my 18th birthday and McCann was unbelievably good that day. 

We lost that game, but you could tell we would break the hoodoo soon

Andy Thorn v Celtic in League Cup in 1996, think he had only been signed one or two days before and just after we had the 4 sent off at Ibrox. Thorn was utterly immense and only played a few games but that game sticks in my mind and obviously made even better by Robbo netting the only goal

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Definitely. Him and Kyle almost won it for us. 

One of the only times that despite being disappointed with the performance, I left the ground thoroughly entertained and actually quite pleased with what I saw. Darren ****ing Barr apart :lol:

He made up for it though.