Help needed

Rick James

Right guys, as you know, I've mentioned many things about my Schalke connection, and I know I'm not alone. On the weekend of the Partick cup game, I hope to be meeting with a camera crew from German TV channel Pro Sieben, who are visiting the UK to speak with UK based German fan clubs. The important thing for us is we're not a UK based German fan club, but a direct result of the relationship between Schalke fans who love Hearts too, and it's important that we show who we are and where we came from.

My idea is for the crew to perhaps meet us in Bar 1874 where I would hope to have our banner hung (for the record, will there be problems with that or should I contact the club?) and do whatever they want to do for their TV show. There are only 3 of us from Iron Blue available to meet, so this could be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to come on board and find out what we're all about.

As an aside, there may also be 2 spaces available for our usual end of season party in May which we will attend after Schalke vs VFB Stuttgart. Feel free if interested.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm off that weekend, could attend wearing my Molenbeek hat just to confuse them!

PS, what weekend in May?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Always liked Schalke. Sounds an interesting media piece :) 

Liked his goal in the League Cup final 

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'm off that weekend, could attend wearing my Molenbeek hat just to confuse them!

PS, what weekend in May?

Game is on the 18th!

Doctor FinnBarr
29 minutes ago, Locky said:

Game is on the 18th!

Very interested mate. Molenbeeks last game of the season is when we are hopefully on semi-final duty so things being well we'll not be over again this season

36 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Very interested mate. Molenbeeks last game of the season is when we are hopefully on semi-final duty so things being well we'll not be over again this season

By all means, you are welcome! Be good if you can come along on the 2nd too!

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

By all means, you are welcome! Be good if you can come along on the 2nd too!

2nd isn't a problem mate, I'm off with no game to attend!

Give us a clue which airport we should be looking at flights for, Cologne, Duss or Duss Weiss?

Doctor FinnBarr
36 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

2nd isn't a problem mate, I'm off with no game to attend!

Give us a clue which airport we should be looking at flights for, Cologne, Duss or Duss Weiss?

Cologne looks the cheapest with bus to Essen rail station

39 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I'm probably the only Babelsberg fan in Scotland. Do I count as a fan club of one? 

I might pop in wearing my Hannover 96 top. ?

21 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Cologne looks the cheapest with bus to Essen rail station

Rail travel is cheap and convenient. Dusseldorf main is easiest as it's a 45 minute bus journey from Weeze as opposed to a 5 minute train journey. Cologne is 30 miles further so dearer and longer by train.

Both cracking cities though.

Doctor FinnBarr
22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Rail travel is cheap and convenient. Dusseldorf main is easiest as it's a 45 minute bus journey from Weeze as opposed to a 5 minute train journey. Cologne is 30 miles further so dearer and longer by train.

Both cracking cities though.

So can me and the Mrs take up these last 2 places then? Pretty certain but not 100% at the moment

Weeze is no use as we would need to fly out on the Thursday and back on the Tuesday

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

So can me and the Mrs take up these last 2 places then? Pretty certain but not 100% at the moment

Weeze is no use as we would need to fly out on the Thursday and back on the Tuesday

Last year when I went I flew out the Thursday to weeze and travelled back the Sunday from dusseldorf international. Was about £63 in total for both flights. This year they are about £53 each way. 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Last year when I went I flew out the Thursday to weeze and travelled back the Sunday from dusseldorf international. Was about £63 in total for both flights. This year they are about £53 each way. 

Hmm, that might be an option, just trying to save days on my holiday entitlement

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Consider them taken!

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can I come along with my Dortmund scarf on?

I mean, you can. Just don't expect a warm welcome. :lol:

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Locky said:

I mean, you can. Just don't expect a warm welcome. :lol:

Had a soft spot for Dortmund since they beat Liverpool in the 1966 Cup Winners Cup final at Hampden. Being half German, I’ve always taken a strong interest in the national side too. Only in recent years, with the television coverage of the Bundesliga, have I been able to watch games fairly regularly.

Been over 3 times to the Signal Iduna Park. It’s a great experience which I’m sure is the same over in Gelsenkirchen.

The German football experience is first class.

I think I’ll leave the Schalke 04 boys to enjoy their day.

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Had a soft spot for Dortmund since they beat Liverpool in the 1966 Cup Winners Cup final at Hampden. Being half German, I’ve always taken a strong interest in the national side too. Only in recent years, with the television coverage of the Bundesliga, have I been able to watch games fairly regularly.

Been over 3 times to the Signal Iduna Park. It’s a great experience which I’m sure is the same over in Gelsenkirchen.

The German football experience is first class.

I think I’ll leave the Schalke 04 boys to enjoy their day.

It was acually a Dortmund fan who passed this opportunity on to me. :) 

Still have 2 tickets for Schalke vs Stuttgart available if anyone fancies.

Plan for next week almost set in stone. Looks like we'll be meeting at Tynie at 1, and off to Footlights for Schalke vs Dusseldorf at 2.30.

2.30 at Footlights for Schalke vs Dusseldorf today.

Be good to see anyone who can make it.