Worst individual Hearts player performance

Serge Pizzorno

On 15/02/2019 at 08:29, tian447 said:

Can't believe no-one has posted Beniuseless yet! 

Would get my vote for the derby. His first game I think. Parachuted straight into the team.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Smack

• grumpy rebus

• iantjambo

1 hour ago, My half sister said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the goal machine that is Connor Sammon. Pick any game he has played 

The one v Maltese pub team! He did score that night though! 

The answer is Mo Berthe.. The funny thing is that I can't even remember why he was that bad.. I just remember my feelings of disbelief watching him play for Hearts and ever since that day I have always answered his name to this type of question..

Another shocker was Steven Pressley in a cup game at Falkirk.. we lost 4-0.. they had a really fast striker and Pressley kept a high line.. think we were 4  down in half an hour.. nobody came off looking that good but it was Pressley who was organising the defence and by the time he worked out what was happening we were out the cup.. Think it might have been Gordon's first game for us..

Not read the thread, sorry, but has anyone mentioned John Miller? The only player in a Hearts strip I've ever voiced disgust with.

Horrific. Further out his depth than Callachan. And that's saying something.

34 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Not read the thread, sorry, but has anyone mentioned John Miller? The only player in a Hearts strip I've ever voiced disgust with.

You don't mean John Millar, the midfielder we got from Blackburn? Was there a John Miller as well?

8 hours ago, RussAsia said:

The answer is Mo Berthe.. The funny thing is that I can't even remember why he was that bad.. I just remember my feelings of disbelief watching him play for Hearts and ever since that day I have always answered his name to this type of question..

Another shocker was Steven Pressley in a cup game at Falkirk.. we lost 4-0.. they had a really fast striker and Pressley kept a high line.. think we were 4  down in half an hour.. nobody came off looking that good but it was Pressley who was organising the defence and by the time he worked out what was happening we were out the cup.. Think it might have been Gordon's first game for us..

To be fair to Pressley, the real culprit was Levein for playing a high line against Colin Samuel. But yeah, Pressley should have been more reactive sooner. 

And it was Gordon’s second game, I think. 

8 hours ago, JyTees said:

Football game of opinion as we know...I liked John Millar mate haha

Edited by J80MBO

13 hours ago, chico1874 said:

The one v Maltese pub team! He did score that night though! 

And got one of the man of the matche awards!

Boo’d To an extent I’ve never seen when that was announced 

I was in the Gorgie suite that nigt and he looked beyond shellshocked when he came in afterwards

13 hours ago, chico1874 said:

Christian Nade away to Zagreb !

ran about 20 yards the whole game, sweating like a pig!

I forgot about that one.

Julian Brellier also had a mare away in Europe got booked for wearing an ear ring then sent off for a second yellow about two minutes later. 

On 16/02/2019 at 10:31, King prawn said:

Ludek Straceny .. subbed on at half time - got booked then hooked again for being so bad with 15 minutes to go iirc.

Is the correct answer.

Came on to post this myself. Sub gets subbed really encapsulates his ability. He MUST have been some sort of tax cheat thingy in the Romanov era as he clearly had only been taught about fitba that morning.

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Colin doyle against Motherwell. That's the worst attempt by a keeper to gather a ball I have seen.

Behave.

10 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Colin doyle against Motherwell. That's the worst attempt by a keeper to gather a ball I have seen.

Worst?

Ever?

Get a grip.

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Worst?

Ever?

Get a grip.

Yip, can't have seen many games if he thinks that was the worst ever goalkeeping error.

On 15/02/2019 at 16:40, grumpy rebus said:

Pick almost any team from the late 70’’s or early 80’s (pre Doddie) and there are plenty

Brian McNeil, Archie White, Bobby Masterton and Stewart Gauld spring to mind. 

Was as a hard time to be a Jambo 

What....? Nobody has mentioned Pat McShane

3 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Paul McCallum vs ICT semi final  

Absolute woeful 

Thats mine too. Up there with our worst ever players imo

Maybe not quite the worst, but Adao was terrible against Hibs at the end of last season. We won, so didn't matter too much, but he was stinking.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Shaughnessy vs Motherwell

Absolute loser

Who the **** scouted this guy and thought ‘there’s a player?’ I was reading a bit about him just now and apparently he started as a midfielder at Reading. He doesn’t look like a midfielder, he doesn’t look like a centre back either and I can’t believe he’s been part of the first team squad at Leeds. Can only assume they were down on numbers due to injuries.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, can't have seen many games if he thinks that was the worst ever goalkeeping error.

Exactly.

I raise you Zibi.  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Paul McCallum vs ICT semi final  

Absolute woeful 

Callum Paterson was rotten that day as well.

He had a plenty of chances to cross the ball and hardly found a man with one.Especially in the extra time period.

Bad day all round.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who the **** scouted this guy and thought ‘there’s a player?’ I was reading a bit about him just now and apparently he started as a midfielder at Reading. He doesn’t look like a midfielder, he doesn’t look like a centre back either and I can’t believe he’s been part of the first team squad at Leeds. Can only assume they were down on numbers due to injuries.

He's absolutely horrific. Didn't do any of the basics today

haveyouheard 22

That kid we had on loan fae Liverpool he was a joke and his Pen against ICT was a disgrace

I may add John Miller  was a cracking player IMO 

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

That kid we had on loan fae Liverpool he was a joke and his Pen against ICT was a disgrace

I may add John Miller  was a cracking player IMO 

I think you've got the loanee mixed up. Ngoo was on loan from Liverpool, scored in normal time to equalise and also scored a pen to send us through (2013). 

McCallum (from West Ham) played in 2014 semi where he had a howler and missed a pen. Funnily, his name cropped up on Soccer Saturday at the weekend as he scored twice for the Non-League side he is now with. Seems to have found his level as it was quoted he has scored around 20 goals this season. 

Zaliukas v Osasuna

Utterly clueless, like he’d never actually played a game of football in his life. 

Turned out no no too bad though, must’ve just been nervous.