• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Smack

• grumpy rebus

• iantjambo

39 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Tall and Concalves formed the most inept and incompetent Centre Back partner ship I have ever seen in a Hearts team. Mind you Con calves came back from a loan spell at N uremburg a very competent defender.

Hans Eskillson takes the biscuit though as a total non footballer.

We have the winner.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
51 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Tommy Harrison coming on as a sub in a League Cup tie against St Johnstone at Tynecastle in ‘94 when we were 2-1 up, or drawing 2-2, and being subbed himself when we went 4-2 down, not because of injury, but because he was a utterly rank, showing zero interest in making anything happen, or working up a sweat.

I was going to say TH, but after remembering it was this game possibly nicky walker. Wasn't it him flapping at a cross that lead to frail being sent off. Stevie frail was certainly a better keeper than walker. 

36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Can't believe no-one has posted Beniuseless yet! 

That's exactly what I said to myself as I was going through the names!!

Also, twaddle in the de vries 5-1 had a mare :D

7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

He was shite all the time tbf. As another poster mentioned, it's only really noteworthy if they were capable of good performances and offered up an out of character shocker 

To be fair, he was capable of good performances. 

Just not when playing football :lol:

3 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Nicky Walker Hearts 2 St.Johnstone 4 he had a nightmare he even got Stephen Frail sent off because of one mistake 

Made a cracking double save from the resulting penalty as well.

He was shocking that night.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Leigh Jenkison away at Dunfermline, new year 1998/99

Great shout - I’d forgotten about that until now but he was diabolical in that game.

36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This - though add to that Crawford  Boyd. Utterly gash.

Thanks for that!!!! I’d forgotten about him. 

As I’ve not been scarred enough ?

One of the worst debut performances I recall was John Millar on the opening day at Dunfermline, '91/92. He looked bewildered. 

He found his feet pretty quickly though and was my favourite midfielder whilst he was with us. His equalizer v. Hibs in January 1994 was probably the last epic celebration in the old shed. Saved the unbeaten run.

Still feel JJ was a bit hasty offloading him in 1996.

That debut, though. 

6 minutes ago, Surrey Jambo said:

Christian Nade in the centre circle in Zagreb?

That's what I was about to post, can't believe it took until the second page.

Fabian Le Clerque (sp) in that millennium derby horror show. Everyone was abysmal but he still managed to stand out. 

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Deary me. An absolute disgrace the lot of them.

I've never been more angry at a hearts midfield than that night. 

Three of them were individually shitebags for that game. 

Probably Cathros fault tbh. 

David Winnie up at Dens in that 4-4 game when Henry missed the pen. Maybe the worst defender I’ve ever seen. Awful. Closely followed by beneuseless against the Hibs that night. Not much in it to be fair........

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, duncaniw said:

The midfield three of Randall, Grzelak and Callachan that night.  ?

Honking. 

Was that against mcgeough, Mcginn and Allan?

?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

David Winnie up at Dens in that 4-4 game when Henry missed the pen. Maybe the worst defender I’ve ever seen. Awful. Closely followed by beneuseless against the Hibs that night. Not much in it to be fair........

That 4-4 game

???????????

Another lc holocaust. 

Christian made against Dundee United at tynecastle. He should have been sent off after about 15 mins for absolutely nailing the utd player on the half way line. He got subbed a few moments after that. 

Arkadiusz Klimek’s debut for us at Tynecastle.

I’m not one to judge someone after one game, but I could tell straight away he was not going to make it for us. I was amazed he was a professional footballer.

This is an easy one for me 

Malaury Martin in the cup replay at Easter road. He was hooked at halftime in the first game and same in this one. 

No one will convince me there has been a worse performance in a Hearts jersey!

1 minute ago, saxondale said:

Arkadiusz Klimek’s debut for us at Tynecastle.

I’m not one to judge someone after one game, but I could tell straight away he was not going to make it for us. I was amazed he was a professional footballer.

One of several people who played for us around that time, that I'm not entirely convinced were professional football players.

Kurskis was another.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Beniusis on his debut versus Hibs.

I actually felt sorry for him after that game. Most of the team were honking that night but he got singled out.

Just now, grumpy rebus said:

Pick almost any team from the late 70’’s or early 80’s (pre Doddie) and there are plenty

Brian McNeil, Archie White, Bobby Masterton and Stewart Gauld spring to mind. 

Was as a hard time to be a Jambo 

Please stop great away days though lol

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Another thread slagging off a Hearts player. 

Great stuff.

if we had a 'best performance ever by a hearts player' thread I reckon it would have about a quarter of the replies this has. 

Jordan McGhee away at Aberdeen (handball). Jordan McGhee away at Dundee United (Red Card after 20 minutes). Jordan McGhee at home to Falkirk (Penalty which lost us our unbeaten run). Jordan McGhee away to Hibs (Penalty conceded in a 2-1 loss).

Stephen Simmons against Livingston in the cup he couldnt do anything it was like his feet were on backwards.

Edited by Jamboelite

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Mo Berthe at Dens Park.

Close thread

Is the correct answer.

Although the older fans amongst us may consider nominating the whole team for Jan 1st 1973.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Can't believe no-one has posted Beniuseless yet! 

46 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Beniusis on his debut versus Hibs.

I was there for that. Horrific. 

Was working in the School End bookies under the stand and it didn't take long before some Verminlets outed me as a Hearts man. I claimed Linlithgow Rose but my cover was already blown. A counter has an effect on people so I survived intact. Cashing up the roof above began to vibrate and I knew they had scored. 

Wandered round to the Roseburn and found a seat (that's allowed). He was dreadful. Say what you like about Hearts supporters getting on a players back, he was given a chance but the majority could tell from 2 or 3 minutes he was an imposter. 

54 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

if we had a 'best performance ever by a hearts player' thread I reckon it would have about a quarter of the replies this has. 

True, but this is way more fun ! Football fans love a bit of masochism. 

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Leigh Jenkison away at Dunfermline, new year 1998/99

This. Was Baltic that day and he tried a step over that went out of play.

Hughes against Livvy this season was the worst recently

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

'Worst' , to me , means capable but making no effort . Kingston was the most culpable

Laryea Kingston when he walked about not giving a **** and taking a wage, lazy money grabbing wage thieving barsteward. Think it may even have been against Rangers

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Laryea Kingston when he walked about not giving a **** and taking a wage, lazy money grabbing wage thieving barsteward. Think it may even have been against Rangers. 

To be fair he was about 52 at the time. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Jamie McAllister in the league cup semi final Vs Motherwell was particularly bad.

Jamie McAllister in Scottish Cup Semi Final v Celtic (possibly in same season as above). Woeful! 

Jankauskas v Dundee United. 0-4 defeat at home and very little interest shown from the big man. I think Barry Robson may have scored a treble that day. 

Christian Nade, that night he basically walked around the centre circle, in circles. 

Pat Nevin's analysis made me embarrassed to be a Jambo, almost. 

Nade was a joke. 

2 hours ago, superjack said:

That's what I was about to post, can't believe it took until the second page.

Yup. Nade in Zagreb was the worst I've seen. An absolute shocker of a performance. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And quite rightly too. I'd assume it'd just be "Neil McCann, LC final" followed by "What he said", "I agree" and "Close thread". 

Edit - *Just checked that thread - Glad to see I wasn't too far off with the general feeling amongst us. It was a genuinely top class, possibly even world class performance from Terry that day.*

Edited by Normthebarman

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Mo Berthe at Dens Park.

Close thread

:spoton:

Although we've all seen some unexpected contenders since administration. Also worth mentioning that Pressley was pish that day too.

5 hours ago, johnthomas said:

'Worst' , to me , means capable but making no effort . Kingston was the most culpable

This one for me too, Kingston was a disgrace.

It's Mo Berthe.

There should be no discussion. This is fact.

Anybody who was at Dens that day can testify this.

If we're talking bad performance by a potentially competent player then we're talking Zaliukas against Osasuna (friendly).

To think that play went on to captain us to a cup final and become my hero is incredible.

8 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Andy Watson v Stirling Albion

I was going to say Andy watson, cup replay against Motherwell, i dont know how we won that match.