Celtic Dot Count - 27th February

mainstandjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh, Mrs Budge does not give a shiny one what someone of my demographic thinks.

When you write as much shite you can hardly blame her. Sorry just an observation 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Iam simply pointing out my situation and I agree that can be applied to any form of night out . 

I just think football is getting too expensive and that’s another reason we see crowds drop

Ive always said 20,000 fans paying £10 is always better than 10,000 paying £20 .

Bigger reason crowd will be down tonight is apathy to the piss poor football on show at the minute 

But it’s 18,000 paying ‘£20’, which I’m sure the club accountant prefers. 

57 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Increased profits means bigger playing budget, not that difficult to understand.

Not for a community centre

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You keep banging on about a "community centre".

I take it you think you're being really clever by saying this.

However I can't think of any "community centre" where 17k people turn up to support any of the "activities" that are taking place.

You've prattled on about face-painting etc in the past. It's harmless and if it gets kids interested in becoming Hearts fans where's the harm in it.

Like or not nowadays a football club has to look at many different ways of generating income. Thankfully our owner understands this

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really are a dinosaur! We should call you diplodocus. No, wait a minute - make that Dopeydocus

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I think i8 needs to get his face painted and try experience some fun in life again

Get the guy out of Phoenix Nights to do it !

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You are prone to exaggeration. ?

FFS, I have told you at least a trillion times Dave I do not exaggerate!

58 minutes ago, jambali said:

You really are a dinosaur! We should call you diplodocus. No, wait a minute - make that Dopeydocus

:isee:

44 minutes ago, kila said:

I think i8 needs to get his face painted and try experience some fun in life again

I leave the face painting for the Scottish Nationalists

:gok:

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Iam simply pointing out my situation and I agree that can be applied to any form of night out . 

I just think football is getting too expensive and that’s another reason we see crowds drop

Ive always said 20,000 fans paying £10 is always better than 10,000 paying £20 .

Bigger reason crowd will be down tonight is apathy to the piss poor football on show at the minute 

I agree prices are high for walk ups but TV will be the biggest reason, not apathy.

With everything that’s happened over the last two days, if this wasn’t on TV, those briefs would be gone. I’m confident of that. Only, what, a 1000 tickets ?

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I leave the face painting for the Scottish Nationalists

:gok:

You didn't have a Union Flag painted on your face for the Queen's Jubilee?

:wow:

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

There have been a few examples of clubs experimenting with pricing in this way to get the crowds up, Motherwell in recent years springs to mind. As far as I know they've all been failures, the Motherwell experiment certainly was, crowds didn't increase by much and revenues went down.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, kila said:

I'm sure his local community centre will have a creche that offers this, provided he is very quiet sits down when he is told

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There have been a few examples of clubs experimenting with pricing in this way to get the crowds up, Motherwell in recent years springs to mind. As far as I know they've all been failures, the Motherwell experiment certainly was, crowds didn't increase by much and revenues went down.

Common sense would tell you that would happen unless everyone who stayed away did it only beause of pricing. That is obviously not the case.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I agree prices are high for walk ups but TV will be the biggest reason, not apathy.

With everything that’s happened over the last two days, if this wasn’t on TV, those briefs would be gone. I’m confident of that. Only, what, a 1000 tickets ?

I agree TV impacts attendances but listening to the folk sitting around me , many aren’t really enthused at attending games at the minute 

39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Got to say I’m not aware of that . 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh, Mrs Budge does not give a shiny one what someone of my demographic thinks.

You mean someone that signs sectarian songs as you do?

17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Got to say I’m not aware of that . 

I'm not surprised, I just checked - recent years = 1998!

There was an initial boost but then it fell back to the same few thousand who really wanted to see their team all along. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not surprised, I just checked - recent years = 1998!

There was an initial boost but then it fell back to the same few thousand who really wanted to see their team all along. 

Good year ‘98 ?

8 minutes ago, lou said:

Is there walk up tickets tonight? My son is now going to make tonight's match

I not sure if there will be walk-ups available pre kick-off, but tickets are still available on Etickets. 

been here before
10 minutes ago, lou said:

Is there walk up tickets tonight? My son is now going to make tonight's match

Ticket office open until kick off. Ots not a sell out so Im presumimg that means theres likely to be tickets available.