Rate my Plate (FB Page)

tian447

I know that some of you don't exactly subscribe to the whole Social Media thing, but the comments on this page have been an absolute goldmine for comedy recently:

I'm sure it started off as a serious page, but has decended into what I hope is satire. 

Edited by tian447

It's funny for ten minutes until you realise that folk are just making outlandish comments for the sake of it and pointing fingers at the same women all the time. That and folk just putting up stupid photos of crap they were never intending to eat. 

58 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It's funny for ten minutes until you realise that folk are just making outlandish comments for the sake of it and pointing fingers at the same women all the time. That and folk just putting up stupid photos of crap they were never intending to eat. 

This. It suddenly started appearing on my timeline last week. First one was quite amusing. Then it's just the same comments all the time. 'Did you cook that on a ****ing radiator' is a favourite for everyone it seems. I hid the page very quickly.

I shared the one in the OP last week but since then I've hid the page and a number of 'friends' who decided to comment on every single post

Some stuff can be genuinely funny, but when you read most posts, you realise it's the same recycled pish most times. That, and girls making jokes about their Nanjiani's to get likes.

Was good to begin with but now everyone is just posting nonsense for a bite.

Before it kicked off there was a breakfast box thing and the top comment was 'Looks like something Josef Fritzl would serve' which was an absolute beauty to be fair

Lots of similar pages around at the moment, all of them awful.

We Want Plates remains good though. Showcasing restaurants ludicrous methods of presenting food.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Lots of similar pages around at the moment, all of them awful.

We Want Plates remains good though. Showcasing restaurants ludicrous methods of presenting food.

Great site. Jakey Teas used to be good too, no idea if it's still on the go. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
45 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Jakey Teas is still on the go, it's enjoyable.

Салатные палочки

It was funny at first until people just started making any old shite and taking a photo of it. That defeats the purpose of the page IMO. 

Rate my takeaway is decent, as it's other people making it rather than the person posting it. 

...a bit disco
16 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Jakey Teas is a Hibs ***** who can gtf with his contrived shite and inane attempt at writing in a Schemey style in his tweets.

Mates with Coonster the dug pumper I believe.

Seymour M Hersh

I suppose (with the photos on the thread) people are now taking the piss out of the initial FB page. However, it just sums up the whole 'look at me" guff on most (un)social media platforms. As we used to say of Americans (well before the digital era), they're all living the movie of their lives.