• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• It should have been ten

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m always reminded of this Scottish Cup winning manager when people talk about how Intelligent you have to be to do that particular job.

You think Yogi is a good manager? ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Haha I heard that on the podcast this morning. I thought it had been renamed and I had missed that news. No wonder he can't get a job over there.

Naismith is still a young guy, with a young family, why would he not want to maximise his earning potential over the next 2-3 years?! Money might not be his main driver, but there will be a figure that he probably can't turn away from. I hope he stays, but I've gone from confident to hopeful! 

I think he’s said a few times that at his age money isn’t the be all and end all. It will be the lifestyle and experience he’s after, he won’t be the franchise player or whatever they call it.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You think Yogi is a good manager? ?

Nope but he made a good living and won the SC, the point is football management is not rocket science or the mystical experience that some people within the game try to make out. If that thick ***** can do it then anyone can.

Unfortunately I think he'll go for the experience, the addition to his CV for future coaching work. I think he'll leave his family here for most of the season instead of uprooting them. Wonder with the different season timescales if we could get him back?

Hope I'm wrong mind you. He's irreplaceable but I'd imagine Levein and co are already looking at other options. Sometime being so reliant on one player can actually work against you. Hibs with Griffiths in the team for example were no great shakes despite all his goals.

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Unfortunately I think he'll go for the experience, the addition to his CV for future coaching work. I think he'll leave his family here for most of the season instead of uprooting them. Wonder with the different season timescales if we could get him back?

Hope I'm wrong mind you. He's irreplaceable but I'd imagine Levein and co are already looking at other options. Sometime being so reliant on one player can actually work against you. Hibs with Griffiths in the team for example were no great shakes despite all his goals.

He's already a very rich man so I doubt he would be prepared to leave his family for a whole season.

People talking about the great lifestyle in the USA, that lifestyle is not worth a hoot without your wife and kids with you.

Added to that who wants to bring up your family in a place where every second person is running around with a gun in their pocket.

That country is going to explode with civil unrest soon.

Just now, luckydug said:

He's already a very rich man so I doubt he would be prepared to leave his family for a whole season.

People talking about the great lifestyle in the USA, that lifestyle is not worth a hoot without your wife and kids with you.

Added to that who wants to bring up your family in a place where every second person is running around with a gun in their pocket.

That country is going to explode with civil unrest soon.

I agree. I just think he wouldn't be talking about it at all if he wasn't seriously considering it. And there's always a Canadian team!

8 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

They use a photo of Isma Goncalves instead of José ??‍♂️

Well spotted. I wondered if anyone would??.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s a fair point, I said to a Hibby in the summer he left them that they were going to lose 30 goals and get relegated with us. Wish I had a put a bet on them going down ?

Naismith is irreplaceable with our budget but the management will need to find a solution, Milinkovic or a similar player on loan would help fill the gap.

On 19/02/2019 at 11:06, Jammy T said:

I think there’s a bit of a smokescreen going on here. Naismith will be at Hearts next year IMO.

100% agree

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, PB21 said:

I think Rudi goal machine song for Naismith would help him feel the love. 

Candi Staton.

You've got the love Naisy it's true