• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

chester copperpot

I am happy with most areas of the team however my priority would be a great keeper and a creative midfielder.

Quality not quantity this summer.

Hinges on Naismith n Djoum.

Also depends who is ready to step up. Harry could play a big part. Morrison and Mulraney may polish their game etc.

Does feel like a winger and a midfielder with creativity and drive would complete the squad. Maybe a left back?

Agree on goalie.

scott herbertson

Berra's not getting any younger and will Soutar stay? Would think Levein will add another good young centre back to the mix

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Hinges on Naismith n Djoum.

Also depends who is ready to step up. Harry could play a big part. Morrison and Mulraney may polish their game etc.

Does feel like a winger and a midfielder with creativity and drive would complete the squad. Maybe a left back?

Agree on goalie.

Did Lee Wallace ever get fixed up with a club?

19 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I am happy with most areas of the team however my priority would be a great keeper and a creative midfielder.

Spot on chief.

For me, Mulraney, Morrison, Wighton and Burns will all come good for us, so I don’t want us loading up on attacking wide players (especially when we don’t play with wingers tactically).  New GK defo, new LB potentially and then look to replace anyone who leaves with similar quality.  

Tennant's  6's

Are Lee Wallace & Charlie Adam in the pipeline?A proper No.1 goalie, Craig Gordon/ David Marshall?

Another CB to replace Hughs/ Shaughnessy, Niall Keown looks decent, not sure if he's a free in the summer. 

Pace out wide, Cadden, as long as the development fee isn't extortionate, a Milinkovic type of player. 

Should at least try to speak to MacKay-Steven. 

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Shougnesy

Mitchell 

Hughes

Martin

Sammon 

Djoum

Dikamona 

Edwards 

What makes you think Dikamona will be off? 

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I hope that he's not. His performance in the last derby game was immense, carrying a knock. He's been unlucky, Shaughnessy looks less assured at the back..

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I hope that he's not. His performance in the last derby game was immense, carrying a knock. He's been unlucky, Shaughnessy looks less assured at the back..

Yep. If he’s not after big money, I’d be keeping him.

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Never said he would but it's a possibility as only on contract till season end.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Never said he would but it's a possibility as only on contract till season end.

Yes, I got that. No worries. Thought maybe you had a reason to suspect he wouldn’t be offered a new deal. 

Lock Naismith and Djoum in a room and force them to sign. Apart from that the obvious ones are a proper high quality GK and LB, plus probably another wide player (GMS would be ideal but I dont see it). Then assuming noone leaves we’ll have a strong balanced starting XI

Naismith is the biggie obviously, if we can get him tied up then we have a great base of a team. Of the players we are likely to lose Djoum would be the one who could be the biggest loss however that, I hope, frees up space for Harry to make it his own. 

Squad fillers like Mulraney might go, dead wood like Hughes, Martin, Edwards will hopefully go. Hopefully these spaces are taken up by younger players to get some game time. 

We need a creative spark in midfield, back to needing a good quality left back, a proper winger and a better goalkeeper 

58 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Spot on chief.

For me, Mulraney, Morrison, Wighton and Burns will all come good for us, so I don’t want us loading up on attacking wide players (especially when we don’t play with wingers tactically).  New GK defo, new LB potentially and then look to replace anyone who leaves with similar quality.  

How we have played recently tactically has been in response to our injuries and waiting for big Dave to join us.

We have big strong strikers that are good in the air...it would be madness not to play to their strengths.  

Almost certain that that we will look to bring in players that can put in a decent cross.

We have very limited ability in the team regarding players that can beat a man and cross the ball.

Looking to the future I can’t see Morrison filling that gap and we need to get someone else in.

Surely you shouldn’t be concerned @Agentjambo you’ve had us signing a million players in the past according to your made up ITK knowledge, just make up a few more rumours and we’ll be back to a full squad.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Surely you shouldn’t be concerned @Agentjambo you’ve had us signing a million players in the past according to your made up ITK knowledge, just make up a few more rumours and we’ll be back to a full squad.

?

Priority is to ger rid of deadwood like Martin, Sammon and Edwards as soon as possible these 3 must be taking up at least 5k a week between them if not more i know its part of the game but it irks me to know theses duds still pick up good money for nothing 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Keeper, left back, winger, probably a couple of midfielders to replace those who may leave.

Craig Gordon and Lee Wallace must be pretty p*ssed right now.

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Priority is to ger rid of deadwood like Martin, Sammon and Edwards as soon as possible these 3 must be taking up at least 5k a week between them if not more i know its part of the game but it irks me to know theses duds still pick up good money for nothing 

There have always been and will always be players that we aren't getting value from for whatever reason, it's the nature of football.

You'll spend the rest of your life irked if you let that bother you!

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Berra's not getting any younger and will Soutar stay? Would think Levein will add another good young centre back to the mix

Halkett from Livingston is out of contract at the end of the season and is only 23 although I have read that Rangers may be interested and he was with them previously.

16 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Sammon is out of contract in the summer so he will be away. Martin still has more than a year left on his deal so it's unlikely he will go other than maybe another loan deal. The same would probably apply to Edwards but it really beggars the question as to why we signed him in the first place?

We need a decent Goalkeeper another CB, LB creative midfielder and a wide player.

Naismith is key to recruitment in the summer

If he stays, as players to start, a goalkeeper and a Neil McCann type winger. Someone with a bit of pace and trickery who can deliver a cross ball. 

As back up, a centre half who can be brought on to replace Souttar and Berra. 

If if he doesn’t stay we’ll also need to try and find a Hartley/Cameron/Skacel type who can drive us on from the middle of the park and chip in with a few goals. Have the feeling that if we could get him, Cadden from Motherwell might be the player that could do that for us.

Sammon is out of contract in summer so he’ll be gone. Edwards and Martin will have 12 months on their contract so we may can either release or at that point someone may come in for them. 

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

We're doing OK but we don't have the quality required to seriously challenge every season so I think we could be improved throughout.

Right now we have probably 5 players I could see in a consistently strong, challenging team; Berra, Souttar, Haring, Naismith and Djoum. Smith isn't far behind this pack, and Clare has the tools but it's early days yet. Big Uche looks the part but we really haven't seen much in the way of goals yet so he's borderline IMO.

We need exceptional, not acceptable, and we're not there yet, especially as there's a decent chance of losing 2 of that 5, maybe even more. 

Calebs Grandad

Look at the injury crisis we suffered where we lost players that simply couldn’t be replaced with anyone we have at present. If at all possible bring in 2-3 players who are adaptable in playing in other positions if need be. Easier said than done I appreciate.

A_A wehatethehibs

We’re going to need major stregnthening given we look like losing Djoum and Naismith. This Hearts team without those two has already demonstrated it cannot win a game in this league. 

As of right now We’ve only got Uche, Maclean and Vanacek to look to for league goals next season (3 league goals total between the 3 of them so far this season, it’s february) and a big hole in the midfield. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A few pre contracts are being considered. 

Hartley mentioned in his interview CL always planned ahead. He certainly did last season. I am comfortable he will have a good idea who is leaving and what areas he needs to improve or plug. Done nice and early last summer, got us off to a flier, certain he will want to do that again in 19

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hartley mentioned in his interview CL always planned ahead. He certainly did last season. I am comfortable he will have a good idea who is leaving and what areas he needs to improve or plug. Done nice and early last summer, got us off to a flier, certain he will want to do that again in 19

Correct ?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Right now I think it's more important to focus on hopefully getting naismith and djoum to sign on again aswell as getting ikpeazu and haring to extend contracts 

GK - neither ZZ or Doyle are top 3 team quality imo.

2 x CH’s - Hughes is gone, Shaugnessy is only on loan and Clevid seems to have fallen out of favour.

LB - we need a left footed Micheal Smith type player

CDM - need an adequate replacement for Haring 

MF - at least 2 or 3 required with Djoum going plus we need to upgrade on what we have to progress. A couple of players to play either side of Haring  are needed.

RW/LW - we need better wingers on both sides of the park

CF - we need an experienced fox in the box.

It may look a lot but we’ll be losing upwards of seven players imo.

Edited by DH1986

1. New keeper (if available - Doyle / Zhamal would be okay) 

2. Smith

3. Garrucio or new left back

4. Replacement for Souttar most likely > could be Shaughnessy if deal done with Leeds. Or replacement.

5. Berra 

6. Haring

7. Bozanic / Lee (presume Djoum is away)

8. Naismith OR 2 or 3 good replacements in place with Cochrane/ Burns as back up depending how they develop

9. Uche 

10. Vanetek / Keena / Clare 

11. Morrison though new winger would be good 

Even now I think we need 2 or 3 more creative/ wide forward players.  Certainly needed as priority if Naismith goes. So someone like Charlie Adam (currently back in team at Stoke but injured) Would help. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Don't expect anybody in unless we're made aware of a Naismith type player looking to get games under his belt. 

The squad is very good and is only going to get better with familiarity. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Don't expect anybody in unless we're made aware of a Naismith type player looking to get games under his belt. 

Agree with you we don't need much! There needs to be pathway for the likes of Cochrane, keena, McDonald etc 

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

You really think we’ll go an entire summer without signing anyone ?