***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Romanov Stole My Pension
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

For anyone getting the train please note the 10.23 from Edinburgh to Motherwell does NOT stop / pick up at Haymarket. 

Why is that? I thought every train heading west would stop at Haymarket.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Romanov Stole My Pension

For anyone getting the train please note the 10.23 from Edinburgh to Motherwell does NOT stop / pick up at Haymarket. 

Romanov Stole My Pension

20 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Motherwell are the team I hate most behind the old firm and Hibs. A utter shitehole of a place and stadium, a team of unskillful hammer throwers and a fan base full of moaning, bitter, wannabe Glaswegian wanks. Hope we absolutely batter them. 

If I was a Hearts player I’d be so wound up not to let ^^^^s like Main get an easy game. They’ve a lot of players who think they are better than they really are.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a tough match because they compete hard but they have this arrogance about them which was evident after they spat the dummy earlier in the season after we beat them.

The cup game at Tynie too. You could see they definitely have a bee in their bonnet with us.

My worry is , we sometimes take time to get going. I’m glad Uche is back because he plays with the right attitude from kick off and could be the early spark we need tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

Seems just one of the mad things the railways do sometimes. Maybe one of our resident railway people can explain why.

I've been caught out before and had to blag my way via Glasgow. 

But 10.23 train definitely does NOT stop at Haymarket. 

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/details?outboundJourneyId=1&outboundFareId=11&outboundResponseId=4&isOutboundJourneySelected=true

A_A wehatethehibs

Crucial, crucial game tomorrow. We need to win in style to make a big statement to say: we are the form team here and we will be finishing our season as strong as we started. 

If we dont win tomorrow we are 100% finishing 5th. You can’t miss chances like this, the players need to grab it with both hands.

Play the ball forward, go for it. No safe sideways passing. State the intention to go and score goals from the first minute. Motherwell thugs are not stopping Hearts tomorrow. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Barack said:

We don't need to win in style, at all. 

Play with style and lose, or win; where needed, ugly, and get us up the league...I'm happy with the points every-time.

Wrong “I hope we scrape a win” type of attitude imo. We need to up the performance levels, demand high standards and show strong belief and strong confidence. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Barack said:

That's all well and good. 

We're in a results business. Get the win first & foremost, the performance is secondary.

For me, tomorrow the performance means something more than usual because of the circumstances and the opportunity we have i our hands to reel in the teams above us. Those teams don’t deserve to be above us, it is an injustice, only down to our horrendous luck with injuries mid season. We are the better team than Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, if we had been fully fit all season I think we would be close to if not ahead of Rangers. 

Our big guns are fully fit now and it is time to fly into the last quarter of the season. We’ve been doing very well with the results  overall in 2019 but to get above the teams currently above us, the performance levels must go up a gear. 

5 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Doyle 

Shaugnassy 

Berra

Souttar

Godinho

Bozanic

Djoum

Mulraney 

Naismith

Uche 

MacLean

Keena for Maclean, Jambo Soldier for Shaugnassy

Edited by TypoonJambo

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No safe sideways passing.

Even if there’s no pass on in front of the player? Can’t see that working out well. ?

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

For me, tomorrow the performance means something more than usual because of the circumstances and the opportunity we have i our hands to reel in the teams above us. Those teams don’t deserve to be above us, it is an injustice, only down to our horrendous luck with injuries mid season. We are the better team than Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, if we had been fully fit all season I think we would be close to if not ahead of Rangers. 

Our big guns are fully fit now and it is time to fly into the last quarter of the season. We’ve been doing very well with the results  overall in 2019 but to get above the teams currently above us, the performance levels must go up a gear. 

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

If we play tiki-taka rings around Motherwell, Hibs, Celtic...whoever, for the rest of the season...great. But personally, I don't care. I want us to win a Cup, & finish a minimum of 4th in the league. But 3rd is a target, if we take advantage of slips like today. We didn't the other week.

If I have to watch Hearts, with blood pouring out my eyes for the rest of the season, & it means we achieve one, or both, & get into Europe in doing so...then so be it.

Both very good arguements and put forward well.

It is possible to disagree on here without fistycuffs.

I’m in the win ugly but would love a swashbuckling performance every game till the end of the season.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

We have beaten this lot 3 times this season and have a huge opportunity to close the gap on the 3 teams immediately above us after today’s results (and if Celtic win tomorrow). Come on the hearts! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I just want 3 points and really don't give a shit how we get them.  

Opportunity to get a bit closer. With a game against Celtic coming soon a win is of added importance 

16 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Once upon a time we needed towns like Motherwell that depended on one heavy industry. Then came deindustrialisation which turned an already quite grim landscape into a desolate wasteland. As Edinburghers, we’ve not had to encounter such transitions, whilst being happy enough to buy the goods that were made from steel produced in places like Motherwell.

Enough of your irrational hate. Try respect and solidarity.

Good post 4MB. We are lucky that we are from the capital and don’t have the social stigma that surrounds itself with the fallout from these towns that lost their biggest employer 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Any pubs in motherwell for pre match drinks? 

Davy cooper lounge at the stadium is popular. Just never enough bar staff on for thirsty fans. WARNING don’t eat the food on offer at the outlet there ?

Edited by Saughton Jambo

If Clare is fit I’d go with

Doyle

Souttar Shaughnessy Berra

Morrison Djoum Bozanic Garuccio

Clare Ikpeazu Naismith

Subs - Zlamal, Godinho, Dikamoma, Mulraney, Haring, Lee, Vanecek

queensferryjambo

Just looking the form and very surprised Motherwell have won 5 straight league games. Possibly I just haven't been paying that much attention to the bottom of the table but they are on fine form.

Still think we have enough to get a win through there.

2-1 Hearts.

stirlingshirejambo

go our tickets today and fair to say we pretty much had a pick of where we sit

Took upper tier for a change so heres hoping for a good performance similar to Killie

3 hours ago, Barack said:

If we play tiki-taka rings around Motherwell, Hibs, Celtic...whoever, for the rest of the season...great. But personally, I don't care. I want us to win a Cup, & finish a minimum of 4th in the league. But 3rd is a target, if we take advantage of slips like today. We didn't the other week.

If I have to watch Hearts, with blood pouring out my eyes for the rest of the season, & it means we achieve one, or both, & get into Europe in doing so...then so be it.

This x 1874 million ??

North Berwick Jambo

I fancy another win tomorrow just like the one at Kilmarnock only a slightly more comfortable 0-2. Motherwell are not as good as Killie so another solid defensive performance from us without donating any daft penalties, a few more cute routines from set pieces & a goal either side of half time for Naismith & Uche ?

Motherwell have had a good run of late but all five of their league wins have come against bottom six teams so let's not get carried away. In amongst that is a home defeat to Ross County in the Cup.

I predict a scrappy win for the JT's.

portobellojambo1

I don't think there will be many goals, and on the basis of that I'll happily accept a 1-0 win, as it gives us another 3 points.

On 16/02/2019 at 04:01, Doomgoose said:

I'm sure Motherwell play a back 3 so we'll match it.

Assuming Clare, Mitchell and Haring aren't 100%...

Doyle

Souttar Shaughnessy Berra 

Godinho                                       Garuccio

Djoum Lee Bozanic

Naismith

Uche

Naismith playing = win,  simple...

Blackford Hearts
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

They really are a shower of incompetents.

Pathetic, and would never happen with the arse cheeks

1 hour ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Interesting pre March build up from BBC ?

AA31D3E2-A360-493E-992D-82E24C502745.png

What a clown. Maybe he’s Kevin ‘Letter to Lithuania’ Moffat’s brother?

chuck berrys hairline
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Davy cooper lounge at the stadium is popular. Just never enough bar staff on for thirsty fans. WARNING don’t eat the food on offer at the outlet there ?

Sure we used to sing "ecoli" to this mob in the 90's never ate out the place

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think there will be many goals, and on the basis of that I'll happily accept a 1-0 win, as it gives us another 3 points.

The results at Pittodrie and Ibrox yesterday worked in our favour and simply picking up 3 points today, however we go about that, will be massive. Still struggling with some personal thoughts early this morning that I'd like to see Celtic win at Kilmarnock as well, because truth is I wouldn't really, in fact I wouldn't at all. However, if they do win and move further clear at the top a win today gets us right back in the mix for a shot at 2nd place in the league.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The results at Pittodrie and Ibrox yesterday worked in our favour and simply picking up 3 points today, however we go about that, will be massive. Still struggling with some personal thoughts early this morning that I'd like to see Celtic win at Kilmarnock as well, because truth is I wouldn't really, in fact I wouldn't at all. However, if they do win and move further clear at the top a win today gets us right back in the mix for a shot at 2nd place in the league.

I’m hyped for this game today and feeling positive. We slipped up at home  against Livi and I feel anything other than 3 points will be another slip up.

It’s beneficial playing a day later and knowing your rivals have dropped points. Therefore as much as I detest the Green erse cheek, I don’t want Killie picking up any points. We’d go level on points if we win. 

To  think of the hype Killie have had this season when they were top and then the injuries we’ve had to date, and still keep having, then it’s remarkable we could catch them today. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m hyped for this game today and feeling positive. We slipped up at home  against Livi and I feel anything other than 3 points will be another slip up.

It’s beneficial playing a day later and knowing your rivals have dropped points. Therefore as much as I detest the Green erse cheek, I don’t want Killie picking up any points. We’d go level on points if we win. 

To  think of the hype Killie have had this season when they were top and then the injuries we’ve had to date, and still keep having, then it’s remarkable we could catch them today. 

Reflects my take on what would be best for us, I was just having a problem with my own thoughts about wanting Celtic to win, it made me feel unclean.