***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

30 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m hyped for this game today and feeling positive. We slipped up at home  against Livi and I feel anything other than 3 points will be another slip up.

It’s beneficial playing a day later and knowing your rivals have dropped points. Therefore as much as I detest the Green erse cheek, I don’t want Killie picking up any points. We’d go level on points if we win. 

To  think of the hype Killie have had this season when they were top and then the injuries we’ve had to date, and still keep having, then it’s remarkable we could catch them today. 

As ive said before the media have this love in with killie and their clown manager,  as we proved down there they are not brilliant, 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Reflects my take on what would be best for us, I was just having a problem with my own thoughts about wanting Celtic to win, it made me feel unclean.

Yes I feel dirty when I want any of the erse cheeks to win. That’s why it’s easier to say I don’t want Killie picking up any points today. I’d reluctantly accept a 0-0 and then if result go our way, we overtake them next Saturday. 

Outwith the SC then I feel we have to look at catching Killie as our next objective and then reeling in the sheep. 3rd place is certainly achievable this year if we can recapture our early season form. Europe and an SC final is the target for me ??

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The results at Pittodrie and Ibrox yesterday worked in our favour and simply picking up 3 points today, however we go about that, will be massive.

It's quite amazing that we're still in the mix despite how pump we've been for part of the season.

Onwards and upwards.

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The results at Pittodrie and Ibrox yesterday worked in our favour and simply picking up 3 points today, however we go about that, will be massive. Still struggling with some personal thoughts early this morning that I'd like to see Celtic win at Kilmarnock as well, because truth is I wouldn't really, in fact I wouldn't at all. However, if they do win and move further clear at the top a win today gets us right back in the mix for a shot at 2nd place in the league.

We arent winning the league this season, celtic are so them taking points off everyone else(except us), is a good thing.

A draw would be ok in that game if we somehow get 3 points today.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

As ive said before the media have this love in with killie and their clown manager,  as we proved down there they are not brilliant, 

I think if we score in the first 20 mins then we win comfortably. We will either play them off the park or Motherwell will resort to hoofball and it will be a turgid draw or someone will sneak a 1-0. Hope it’s us. 

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We arent winning the league this season, celtic are so them taking points off everyone else(except us), is a good thing.

We won’t win the league anytime soon either or perhaps never again given the resources of the Glasgow mob. That’s why I love seeing them fail in Europe. Theybget a taste of their own medicine. 

Celtic have had this league wrapped up and served to them by the remaining chasing 4. It’s too easy for them so I guess we want them taking points off our rivals as it benefits us 

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

I think if we score in the first 20 mins then we win comfortably. We will either play them off the park or Motherwell will resort to hoofball and it will be a turgid draw or someone will sneak a 1-0. Hope it’s us. 

Aye mate, we need a quick goal to shake them, 

On 16/02/2019 at 03:20, 4marsbars said:

Once upon a time we needed towns like Motherwell that depended on one heavy industry. Then came deindustrialisation which turned an already quite grim landscape into a desolate wasteland. As Edinburghers, we’ve not had to encounter such transitions, whilst being happy enough to buy the goods that were made from steel produced in places like Motherwell.

Enough of your irrational hate. Try respect and solidarity.

This

i really detest the song that goes “we’re from the capital, you’re from shhithole”

really no need ever 

been here before

Predictions for today...

Victory by a narrow margin- probably by the odd goal

Uche to get booked after being fouled most of the game.

Fenian blood raining from the away stand. Olly Lee tune over and forever with perhaps a bit Tiffany thrown in.

Thread on here after the game about Sean Clare.

Thread on here after the game about Djoum.

Thread on here after the game about Callumn Morrison.

Thread on here after the game about the young team's songs.

Match ratings thread on here after the game with containing nuggets such as "you clearly know nothing about football".

Any number of posts stating "there's a player in there" or "kick on".

6 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

i really detest the song that goes “we’re from the capital, you’re from shhithole”

really no need ever 

Touch a nerve, does it?

On 16/02/2019 at 03:20, 4marsbars said:

Once upon a time we needed towns like Motherwell that depended on one heavy industry. Then came deindustrialisation which turned an already quite grim landscape into a desolate wasteland. As Edinburghers, we’ve not had to encounter such transitions, whilst being happy enough to buy the goods that were made from steel produced in places like Motherwell.

Enough of your irrational hate. Try respect and solidarity.

Whilst I am sure football fans just say these things for effect, you do have a point. 

I have noticed a few times how a lot of fans - especially ones lucky enough to live in edinburgh- sneer at places that have been properly left behind in the face of collapsing industries and have not been lucky enough to develop a massive financial hub to create 1000’s of jobs. The recent thread about Naismith or Djoum potentially moving to Birmingham a case in point. 

The same people will be in the Shed trying to prove heir working class credentials at the same time. 

All comes across as a bit Young Tory to me. 

44 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

really no need ever 

It is a pretty shite song... even though it’s true. Lanarkshire is a ****ing toilet.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It is a pretty shite song... even though it’s true. Lanarkshire is a ****ing toilet.

It is. Funny once or twice  though. 

When Spurs arrived. Then less so Liverpool. Lost the irony of course but welcome to civilisation all the same 

Auldreidy1874

How can you fit replacement bus service into our Europe bound song ?

Better get me to the game on time ?

2-1 to us sounds good enough.

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

really no need ever 

Great song and true wherever you go in Scotland. 

Governor Tarkin

This

really no need ever 

That's because you're from Hamilton, mate, which is, by anyone's standards, a ****ing shithole.

This

really no need ever 

I agree the song is awful. 

Did moving to Raqqa for a better life never appeal to you? 

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's because you're from Hamilton, mate, which is, by anyone's standards, a ****ing shithole.

So am I. Left in 1981 though still visit regularly. It is quite ironic when city slickers look down their noses at Grim industrial towns like Hamilton, Middlesbrough, Detroit or anywhere else around the World where goods are or were made, usually by poorly paid workers in unhealthy conditions. Without them, said city slicker lifestyles would not be possible.

I agree that Hamilton is far from beautiful but I grew up there but it was all I knew until I left.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It is quite ironic when city slickers look down their noses at Grim industrial towns like Hamilton, Middlesbrough, Detroit or anywhere else around the World where goods are or were made, usually by poorly paid workers in unhealthy conditions. 

I agree that Hamilton is far from beautiful but I grew up there but it was all I knew until I left.

Oh I'm not looking down my nose at anywhere. I grew up in a high rise that was so damp the walls were peeling off the wallpaper ffs.

I was only pointing out the aesthetic shortcomings of Hamilton.

Unless, of course, post apocalyptic dystopia is your bag. ?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Oh I'm not looking down my nose at anywhere. I grew up a high rise that was so damp the walls were peeling off the wallpaper ffs.

I was only pointing out the aesthetic shortcomings of Hamilton.

Unless, of course, post apocalyptic  dystopia is your bag. ?

:D

Hamilton has a few 'aesthetic shortcomings' - I 'll give you that! But most of its neighbours are even worse - Motherwell, Bellshill and Blantyre (my parents' hometown) anyone? Bothwell's a bit more uppity but small.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Quite rightly so in my opinion ! Keena deserves at least place on bench

I would agree but thought he would be ahead of mclean

6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

No Vanecek again.

No Morrison. 

Maybe rested or picked up some niggles. Hasn't been as threatening last game or so. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

YouTube stream 

Thanks mate.

Thought it was on Sky, so was going to watch at work, I’ve had a nightmare.

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Spot on. Celtic will win the league so looking at what’s best for us elsewhere means them beating Killie and a win today at Fir Park sees us joint 4th with an 8 point gap to St Johnstone and 11 point advantage over Hibs. Putting as much pressure on Rangers as possible can also hopefully work in our favour so Celtic going 8 clear will again hopefully see Gerrard coming under real pressure now.

Portable Badger
28 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

So am I. Left in 1981 though still visit regularly. It is quite ironic when city slickers look down their noses at Grim industrial towns like Hamilton, Middlesbrough, Detroit or anywhere else around the World where goods are or were made, usually by poorly paid workers in unhealthy conditions. Without them, said city slicker lifestyles would not be possible.

Some escape ending up in Swindon then ??!! ?