***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I would say that’s not the point in some ways, no disrespect.  

We were still in the game. We weren’t behind, we weren’t winning.

It called for more solidity and stronger concentration in that moment. I’m sure Doyle was aware of how long was to go.  

Strong players give more in every way later in matches when it’s crucial to.  It is harsh on him a little, I’d agree. When you don’t have strikers taking the pressure off at the other end as goals are scarce, it continually puts pressure on the defence.  

It isn't the point, I agree.  As I do with the rest of your post.

I just thought is good exploits merited a mention. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Calm down eh.  Just pointing out that without his excellent contribution earlier in the game the last minute blunder would have mattered little regardless. 

Calm down?????????????????

What are you gibbering about?  You wouldn't believe how calm I am.

It seems if someone disagrees with you, you can read their emotions over the ethernet.  You should get on the telly, a slot on This Morning, using this amazing ability.

Edited by colinmaroon

Just now, colinmaroon said:

What are you gibbering about!  You wouldn't believe how calm I am.

It seems if someone disagrees with you, you can read their emotions over the ethernet.  You should get on the telly, a slot on This Morning, using this amazing ability.

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What are you gibbering about?  You wouldn't believe how calm I am.

Nothing betrays utter serenity like 17 question marks

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

At 71, shaky hands are not something that any decent person would bring up.

It's ageism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I go againnnnnnn.

PS I'm also guilty of loving punctuation marks and it is my life's aim to use them as much as possible in lieu of the illiterate's abuse of same by omitting them.

Edited by colinmaroon

35 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

At 71, shaky hands are not something that any decent person would bring up.

It's ageism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I go againnnnnnn.

PS I'm also guilty of loving punctuation marks and it is my life's aim to use them as much as possible in lieu of the illiterate's abuse of same by omitting them.

It's like a conversation with Buddha himself!!!!!!!!! :D

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

???????????????? :whistling:

Don't count them. There's 16.

Serenity now, serenity now.

I will never watch that goal again. Ever.

As a side note. Did the ball bounce weird?  I said during the game I thought the pitch was a badly ploughed field.

15 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

???????????????? :whistling:

Don't count them. There's 16.

Serenity now, serenity now.

I will never watch that goal again. Ever.

As a side note. Did the ball bounce weird?  I said during the game I thought the pitch was a badly ploughed field.

It did bounce on the swerve but still . . .

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It did bounce on the swerve but still . . .

I'm with you 100%. There is nothing but "but still"

A horrendous piece of goalkeeping in any league.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

23 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe Berra could have done HIS job and defended a guy who he know is gonna cut inside on his left peg. But he didn't, he was allover the place.  The guy dinks inside on his fav left peg, still no one picked him and he still had a bit of time to get set and smash it home. And you're blaming Doyle?

That's exactly what I'm saying 

Did i no explain it properly for you?

There was a time when I would go straight to bed on a Saturday if Hearts lost and not go out until work on  Monday.  On Sunday, I just turned off Hearts TV after the first goal and went and done something less boring instead.  

I have not seen Naisy's equalizer nor Well's winner.  Probably never will.

Personally, I have a feeling that CL lost his focus after his heart scare.  

Edited by Tasavallan

7 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

There was a time when I would go straight to bed on a Saturday if Hearts lost and not go out until work on  Monday.  On Sunday, I just turned off Hearts TV after the first goal and went and done something less boring instead.  

You thought that game was boring? It was a pretty decent game. Quite end to end, chances and goal attempts from both teams, couple of good goals and saves. And the howler at the end. Definitely wouldn't class that game in the boring category.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I used to drown my sorrows...on Sunday I went straight outside and washed the car. Nothing like the frustration of a crap defeat to bring up a lovely shine on the motor. :lol:

7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Exactly how I feel now watching hearts. Majority of my mates and family feel the same. Apathy is a really dangerous thing for Ann Budge. It takes years for it to become apparent and when it’s there is there for the long term. After watching Hearts for 30 plus years I’m now bored. That’s translated into the atmosphere now at Tynecastle which is non existent and regularly get out sung by 400/500 livi and Hamilton fans. 

6 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Exactly how I feel now watching hearts. Majority of my mates and family feel the same. Apathy is a really dangerous thing for Ann Budge. It takes years for it to become apparent and when it’s there is there for the long term. After watching Hearts for 30 plus years I’m now bored. That’s translated into the atmosphere now at Tynecastle which is non existent and regularly get out sung by 400/500 livi and Hamilton fans. 

Not according to the happy clappers,  nothing fazes them.

8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Someone has certainly lost his focus. Don't think it's the gaffer though.

11 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Someone has certainly lost his focus. Don't think it's the gaffer though.

The ‘gaffer’ ?

Im astonished how people still think Craig Levein is the right person at the helm. 

His coaching and tactics are honking. Needs to go at the end of the season if we fail to finish top 4.

Will we give him another window sign more dross and waste more of our hard earned cash? 

I was at the game on Sunday and got talking to a supporter in front of me who had taken his two sons. After a reasonable start Mother well scored and for the next few minutes Hearts were poor and the distribution from the back was awful, ponderous and slow. The guy in front turned to me and said he found it difficult to get his sons to come to games as they said  Hearts were boring in their style of play. Such a shame to hear that. As it happens if was a good end to end second half which ended badly. The guys kids didn't change their minds though and had their heads in their hands after the Doyle fiasco. I told them I watched my first Hearts game in 1957 against Falkirk and we won 9 1and that we have never reached these heights since!!! They laughed and promised to come back.

13 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I was at the game on Sunday and got talking to a supporter in front of me who had taken his two sons. After a reasonable start Mother well scored and for the next few minutes Hearts were poor and the distribution from the back was awful, ponderous and slow. The guy in front turned to me and said he found it difficult to get his sons to come to games as they said  Hearts were boring in their style of play. Such a shame to hear that. As it happens if was a good end to end second half which ended badly. The guys kids didn't change their minds though and had their heads in their hands after the Doyle fiasco. I told them I watched my first Hearts game in 1957 against Falkirk and we won 9 1and that we have never reached these heights since!!! They laughed and promised to come back.

The problem he will have with his sons is that they have access to world class football on an almost daily basis and then they struggle to connect with the standard in front of them. In fairness, quite few adults have that issue too, but at least we can enjoy the social side of the game (although that has diminished hugely since the demise of terracing imo)

At the start of the season we played our best football, at a higher level, since the Championship. Anyone that says we didn’t play attractive attacking football is a barefaced liar.

We then had our whole way of playing decimated by key injuries - even this game showed just how key Uche is to it all working.

Keeping most of this team with 3 or 4 strengthening additions will see us improve next season and I still think we have a great chance of the cup this season - we can beat anyone on our day as we have shown this season. I admit the league is becoming frustrating as **** though!

Edited by Jammy T

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

At the start of the season we played our best football, at a higher level, since the Championship. Anyone that says we didn’t play attractive attacking football is a barefaced liar.

We got results, but attractive attacking football ???.

The Mighty Cove Rangers. - played ok, got result.

Raith Rovers - awful, no way could be described as attractive attacking football.

Cowdenbeath - 45mins of rubbish then 45mins of attacking football, so I will give you the 2nd half.

ICT - I will give you.

Hamilton - 20odd mins of garbage then some good attacking attractive football, I will give you this one.

Celtic - got result, no way was that attractive attacking football.

Dunfermline - got result but again we were awful as an attacking force.

Killie - Played well and got result, no way was it attractive attacking football.

St.Johnstone - did okay and got result, be hard pushed to call it attractive attacking football.

Motherwell - got the win, scored goals and played well, attractive attacking football is stretching it but I will give you it.

Livingston - not even close to attacking football never mind attractive.

Motherwell - got the 3points but again no one could call it attractive attacking football.

St.Mirren - Too easy, I will give you it.

13 games, and in 4 and a half of these games we played some attractive attacking football.

We got results which was great, but hard pressed to say we were an attractive attacking football team in that period.

We were in a few games but were also awful in quite a few.

Bazzas right boot
On 18/02/2019 at 04:02, i8hibsh said:

Another poor day for Brown Owl and the Brownies. Supergran is gonna have bob a job days for the boys and the women's team will be selling macaroon bars and bunty magazines in punishment.

DVBLR6sXUAE5fFB.jpg

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

We got results, but attractive attacking football ???.

The Mighty Cove Rangers. - played ok, got result.

Raith Rovers - awful, no way could be described as attractive attacking football.

Cowdenbeath - 45mins of rubbish then 45mins of attacking football, so I will give you the 2nd half.

ICT - I will give you.

Hamilton - 20odd mins of garbage then some good attacking attractive football, I will give you this one.

Celtic - got result, no way was that attractive attacking football.

Dunfermline - got result but again we were awful as an attacking force.

Killie - Played well and got result, no way was it attractive attacking football.

St.Johnstone - did okay and got result, be hard pushed to call it attractive attacking football.

Motherwell - got the win, scored goals and played well, attractive attacking football is stretching it but I will give you it.

Livingston - not even close to attacking football never mind attractive.

Motherwell - got the 3points but again no one could call it attractive attacking football.

St.Mirren - Too easy, I will give you it.

13 games, and in 4 and a half of these games we played some attractive attacking football.

We got results which was great, but hard pressed to say we were an attractive attacking football team in that period.

We were in a few games but were also awful in quite a few.

Calling shite on this. The LC tie v Motherwell was as good as I've seen in years. Attacked Celtic, ran over the top of the sheep and St Johnstone and went all out at Ibrox. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Calling shite on this. The LC tie v Motherwell was as good as I've seen in years. Attacked Celtic, ran over the top of the sheep and St Johnstone and went all out at Ibrox. 

Yip. Also scored 4 v at mirren in one half. 

Ibrox was 3 brain farts. 

Actually played good from our 18 yard box onwards. Nae use if you can't carry out rudimentary defending tho?

Even in our recent draws and defeats (Dundee, Motherwell and livi) we've been better than opposition or at least matched them play wise. 

No consolation v Dundee as they are shite but over the match we were never outplayed and another defensive brain fart cost us. 

Actually a theme this season. 

I Think folk that are expecting great football have an issue with the Scottish standard in general, we are no where near the worse team I've seen. 

Also nowhere near the worst Hearts team In Recent memory. 

There's expectations and then there's just fantasy. 

I think the problem with us alot of the time is the lack of care or thoroughness in possession when in the crucial last third....Pretty much lack of quality in a nutshell. 

Im not buying ...“what do people expect, it’s scottish football?”...

I’ve heard this my whole life watching Hearts and football in this country,  but we’ve produced good teams with good players in the past at our country’s level who made the difference. 

We should be able to acquire a standard of player who can bring the quality on the ball, coupled with the right mentality to a certain level needed,  to help make the difference over a season.

But they also do need help with the set-up and right attitude bred in them from management and coaching.  

You just have to look around elsewhere and see the transformation in some teams with a change in management,  or likewise , the downturn teams take with the wrong set-up but still with good players at their disposal. 

34 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I gave the League Cup tie, I didn't say we did not attack Celtic, but seriously, attractive attacking football? I listed the early season games (13) as I was replying to a poster who was talking about the start to the season.

Read back match threads (from fans), media reports (from neutrals)of our games and the words "attractive attacking football" will be very scarce in the descriptions of our performances.

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I gave the League Cup tie, I didn't say we did not attack Celtic, but seriously, attractive attacking football? I listed the early season games (13) as I was replying to a poster who was talking about the start to the season.

Read back match threads (from fans), media reports (from neutrals)of our games and the words "attractive attacking football" will be very scarce in the descriptions of our performances.

I prefer to go on what I saw myself and the football we were playing up until injuries kicked in was as good as it has been since we were paying megabucks.

It doesn't excuse how we are playing now although tbf we didn't play badly at Fir Park.

Ah, the old "attractive football" nonsense from the EPL armchair mob.

There's plenty evidence on YouTube of this myth that Hearts ever played like Brazil. We've only just got a pitch that is up to standard and you have punters on here slavering on about the great halcyon days of 6 strikers smashing them goal bound from all angles.

Same clowns spouting the same drivel after a defeat. 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Correct 

But Gambo is a barefaced liar so I don’t really care what he says. He is JKBs Michael Stewart. He will think that’s a complement but I think MS is a *****.