Tonights fitbaw

lauriesrank

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe. 

But also a team with better players is generally faster, quicker and stronger. 

Celtic are generally this over most teams so draw more fouls. 

Valencia are quicker, smarter and slicker than them so celtic foul more. 

The refs are maybe a bit more stronger but a worse team generally fouls a better team more. 

Valencia are better than celtic. 

I've found the officiating this year generally shite rather than biased tbh. 

I agree with you more or less per Scottish referees being incompetent rather than overtly biased, however it's obvious to see that they're terrified to give fouls against the Glasgow teams. Possibly where they feel like their performances are under scrutiny (SC final) both teams may be subjected to their general shitehousery rather than just one. Today they haven't been let off with their usual shit and didn't know how to build up a head of steam

I hope Austin was watching. 

True, we don't have Valencia's quality of footballer but, we do have good players who, with the right tactics and formation, can get good results there. 

We've got it right against them at Tynecastle recently: no reason why we can't trouble them in their "shite hole". 

Lovely to see either of the arsecheeks being humbled, some would say that you should support teams from your own country but I would support anyone from anywhere against either of those two, in fact, I would even support Hibs against either of them.

Honestly Rodgers should be roundly hounded by the press for his utterly horrific European record it must be up there with the worst of any Celtic manager! All well and good bossing Scottish teams with a fraction of Celtics budget but he gets shown up every time in Europe 

12 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Sutton clutching at straws

...and Bonner's talking baws on Sportsound. 

Absolutely refusing to acknowledge that Valencia are a good side. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

My heart bleeds! 

Hartson,  "They have millions to spend on players!"

Stop it Colin. I cry easily. 

My heart bleeds! 

just what andy wa**er has said on ssn. boo feckin hoo

20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe. 

But also a team with better players is generally faster, quicker and stronger. 

Celtic are generally this over most teams so draw more fouls. 

Valencia are quicker, smarter and slicker than them so celtic foul more. 

The refs are maybe a bit more stronger but a worse team generally fouls a better team more. 

Valencia are better than celtic. 

I've found the officiating this year generally shite rather than biased tbh. 

To an extent but there's no doubt that Celtic can't adapt to refs that don't give them special treatment in Europe. You can see it in the way they played for fouls and penalties tonight. In Scotland they would have had a good chance of getting those. In terms of the gulf in quality and resources, the gulf shouldn't be so big in terms of quality as Celtic have enough resources to put out a decent team in Europe and get more wins. If Killie or us can beat them domestically they should be able to get a result against a team like Valencia that's not light years ahead of them in spending.

My heart bleeds! 

Aye and Celtic are arrogant spending some of their millions on feckin disco lights..... GIRUY Brenda !!

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To an extent but there's no doubt that Celtic can't adapt to refs that don't give them special treatment in Europe. You can see it in the way they played for fouls and penalties tonight. In Scotland they would have had a good chance of getting those. In terms of the gulf in quality and resources, the gulf shouldn't be so big in terms of quality as Celtic have enough resources to put out a decent team in Europe and get more wins. If Killie or us can beat them domestically they should be able to get a result against a team like Valencia that's not light years ahead of them in spending.

This^^^ I think they may begin to realise that being handed games domestically is a double edges sword. None of their players know how to compete when the going gets tough. Hence why they seem to struggle when teams put them under any pressure without being prevented by poor officiating. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They do get the odd good result in Europe, tho. 

I agree reference gulf. 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They did get the odd good result in Europe, tho. 

I agree reference gulf. 

The Lizard is a dodo.

Bazzas right boot

The Lizard is a dodo.

Finishing second last round was decent. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Brown blaming the pitch!

Oh, the irony!!!

Brown is shite and totally found out in Europe. 

SectionDJambo
26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Honestly Rodgers should be roundly hounded by the press for his utterly horrific European record it must be up there with the worst of any Celtic manager! All well and good bossing Scottish teams with a fraction of Celtics budget but he gets shown up every time in Europe 

His record in Edinburgh isn’t too great either.

The Scottish press never remind him of the huge financial advantage he enjoys in our country, but always seem to excuse him when he comes up against a team with greater resources than Celtic.

Disgusting anti-Catholic conspiracy from UEFA there. Valencia should be ashamed of themselves.

UEFA must be full of Unionists.

Time Celtic should leave this corrupt continent.

I enjoyed their lap of honour (more like the walk of shame!) led by Brenda & Brownie.

There were more folk on the pitch than in he stands:teehee:

Nice to see them get a lesson on the park & the panel arguing with each other off it.

Still given they will be playing on a better pitch next week, they are not out the tie yet..........really??

Edited by 2205ian

54 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They do get the odd good result in Europe, tho. 

I agree reference gulf. 

Not when it counts in knock-out competition.

I hope Phill the Phantasist and co will be whingeing about 'honest mistakes' by proper foreign refs.

No doubt soon the debate will be manipulated back to 'Celtic don't get enough competition in Scotland, they need to get into a bigger league.'

Fine, go, see if anyone will take you, and drag yer 7-year-old business partners and fellow secularist sectarian cult with you. Leave us with a Scottish league that may be crap, but is made up of genuine fitba teams.

Heartwarming and refreshing to see Celtic with their financial clout of 80 million humbled at home. Then the Ludicrous Hartson complaining Valencia have millions to spend on players.

They looked very ordinary and shows when pressed they make mistakes like any other team. In fact I have never seen so many misplaced passes from them.

Valencia showed what happens when you press celtic (as we have done on occassion but not enough). That should be a lesson for all Scottish teams to adopt when they play celtic.

EasternRossco

Does anyone else back the Old Firm when they play in Europe? They are representing our nation after all..... 

Nope, me neither 

default_trollface.png

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Heartwarming and refreshing to see Celtic with their financial clout of 80 million humbled at home. Then the Ludicrous Hartson complaining Valencia have millions to spend on players.

They looked very ordinary and shows when pressed they make mistakes like any other team. In fact I have never seen so many misplaced passes from them.

Valencia showed what happens when you press celtic (as we have done on occassion but not enough). That should be a lesson for all Scottish teams to adopt when they play celtic.

It's not that easy. 

You just can't copy them. 

Scottish teams cannot replicate what Valencia done as effective as them as they don't have the same calibre of players. 

Valencia have better players and that is why they pissed all over them. 

There is no lesson for the Scottish teams to learn by watching Valencia. 

If it was that easy, why not copy Barcelona? 

6 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

Does anyone else back the Old Firm when they play in Europe? They are representing our nation after all..... 

Nope, me neither 

default_trollface.png

They're an Irish team and a quintessential British team. I feel no urge to support them in Europe.

chester copperpot

Some Celtic lads in my work are starting to see what I have been saying about Rodgers since he joined Celtic.

Any team with similar or better resources will be better than Rodgers. He was the same at Liverpool. He couldn't pick a centre half if his life depended on it and his defensive tactics are so so poor.

He gets away with it domestically as they are so dominant in possession and spend most of the game in their opponents half. 

the jambo poet

Some a hole on twitter saying aw well £39 million in the bank. They'll win the financial league of Scotland no bother...with Hibs 2nd and equally proud ?

The Apprentice
12 hours ago, martoon said:

...and Bonner's talking baws on Sportsound. 

Absolutely refusing to acknowledge that Valencia are a good side. 

Why the BBC continue to employ that absolute slaver Bonner is beyond me. On my way to the Dundee game the other week I had Sportsound on and they had him at the Celtic/Hibs game. Rattled through the Celtic team in-depth and spent the rest of his slot mumbling his way through the Hibs line-up with no idea what the formation was, who was playing where etc.

Obviously I wasn't all that interested but it just sums him up as a 'pundit'. He has absolutely no interest in anything that isn't Celtic and it really makes my blood boil.  I'm no expert but I'd like think I have enough knowledge about the Teams in our league to make out what formation/positions they are playing, and I don't get paid to know this!  This guy is on the payroll at the BBC and clearly does no research whatsoever into games he's supposed to be covering (which always feature Celtic, so he only has one side to analyse!)

Anyway, rant over.  Bonner is a complete walloper.

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

Why the BBC continue to employ that absolute slaver Bonner is beyond me. On my way to the Dundee game the other week I had Sportsound on and they had him at the Celtic/Hibs game. Rattled through the Celtic team in-depth and spent the rest of his slot mumbling his way through the Hibs line-up with no idea what the formation was, who was playing where etc.

Obviously I wasn't all that interested but it just sums him up as a 'pundit'. He has absolutely no interest in anything that isn't Celtic and it really makes my blood boil.  I'm no expert but I'd like think I have enough knowledge about the Teams in our league to make out what formation/positions they are playing, and I don't get paid to know this!  This guy is on the payroll at the BBC and clearly does no research whatsoever into games he's supposed to be covering (which always feature Celtic, so he only has one side to analyse!)

Anyway, rant over.  Bonner is a complete walloper.

Aye. Can't stand him, either.

The one sided point of view, the ignorance/lack of knowledge of the opposition, the roar of joy when "Cellick" score...I could go on but, as you say, rant over. Could be here all day otherwise.

8 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Some Celtic lads in my work are starting to see what I have been saying about Rodgers since he joined Celtic.

Any team with similar or better resources will be better than Rodgers. He was the same at Liverpool. He couldn't pick a centre half if his life depended on it and his defensive tactics are so so poor.

He gets away with it domestically as they are so dominant in possession and spend most of the game in their opponents half. 

His record on player signings leave a lot to be desired.  He does well when first arriving at a new club where he seems to get more out of the players that are already there.  Performance levels start to drop as he brings in his own signings.