British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well hes nothing to lose with people like you who cant stand so at least hes being honest about his opinion about the situation however unpalatable it may be to some people.  Hes legally right too.  That Javid is a power hungry " Uncle Tom" ^^^^ .  

You are an extremist .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

Captain Sausage

Just want to clarify something, hopefully someone wiser than me can confirm. 

Tuesday: Britain revoked citizenship on the basis that she is, by law, a citizen of Bangladesh. This is perfectly legal at the time?

Wednesday: Bangladesh say she isn’t welcome and therefore becomes stateless. 

In my simple mind, is it not Bangladesh who are in the wrong? She is under 21 with a Bangladeshi parent which means that, by Bangladeshi law, she is a citizen of Bangladesh. As Britain revoked her citizenship, Bangladesh cannot revoke her citizenship under UN law as it makes her stateless?

Given the uproar and general sense that Javid is in the wrong, I feel like I’m missing something here... 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Tuesday: Britain revoked citizenship on the basis that she is, by law, a citizen of Bangladesh. This is perfectly legal at the time?

In my simple mind, is it not Bangladesh who are in the wrong? She is under 21 with a Bangladeshi parent which means that, by Bangladeshi law, she is a citizen of Bangladesh. As Britain revoked her citizenship, Bangladesh cannot revoke her citizenship under UN law as it makes her stateless?

Given the uproar and general sense that Javid is in the wrong, I feel like I’m missing something here... 

Your bang on the money

8 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Your bang on the money

Was just away to ask this very question , followed by why are they still giving this vile creature a voice. She’s now willing to change , don’t believe a word it says. 

luckyBatistuta
34 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

That’s a great point, we got in there first, so not our problem. 

55 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

From what I read, Javid said something along the lines of, that the process to remove her citizenship had started. If that's right,  I'd imagine she'll technically still be a British citizen until that's complete, however long that takes.

Bangladesh haven't revoked her citizenship, as she has never had citizenship there. She may have qualified to apply for citizenship, but they've nipped in with a preemptive 'Bolt!'.

Sadly I think she'll end up back here, unless we're lucky and she doesn't survive till then.

Edited by Lemongrab
Spelt rong.

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was just away to ask this very question , followed by why are they still giving this vile creature a voice. She’s now willing to change , don’t believe a word it says. 

What kind of message does that send out to the rest of these nutters, if we take this piece of scum back.

Trial by Daily Mail at its worst.  She was a kid when she was groomed to go there.  She's still being groomed effectively and yet UK breaks international law by cancelling her citizenship. 

This should have been dealt with quietly and calmly out of sight of media and the useless kneejerk politicians.  Get her home, debrief, council, deprogramme, and learn lessons on how to stop any repeats.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

What kind of message does that send out to the rest of these nutters, if we take this piece of scum back.

She was a groomed kid...   and she's still being groomed...

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Uncle Tom :vrwow:

Even if Begum had a suicide vest on, Corbyn would still want to give her a hug.

Wouldn't be the worst thing. 

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Government has decided to take a stand. More because it wants to than pandering to public opinion. Though it is certainly in line with public opinion. 

Losing the case on appeal isn't a disaster. Sending a message she is an enemy which she is.

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

A groomed kid? She was a straight A student... hardly a stupid young girl

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Exactly the type targeted .

Long before ISIS.

Some people are underestimating 

1. People's determination to support Islamic State. Some because of the suffering of people in Syria, as opposed to ideology. 

2. That girls can know their own minds. There were 15 year old terrorists in N.Ireland too. And everywhere else. 

I don't know the girls of course. But they seem pretty able to make their own decisions. And take responsibility for them. 

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

She was a groomed kid...   and she's still being groomed...

Oh, somebody with inside knowledge, let’s see what you’ve got?

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Trial by Daily Mail at its worst.  She was a kid when she was groomed to go there.  She's still being groomed effectively and yet UK breaks international law by cancelling her citizenship. 

This should have been dealt with quietly and calmly out of sight of media and the useless kneejerk politicians.  Get her home, debrief, council, deprogramme, and learn lessons on how to stop any repeats.

Would you like to give her a wee hug too

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Is she being used by the UK Government do you think? Deflect away from the brexit shambles and make Britain look good for a few days? I’m in no doubt she’ll get the decision overturned btw and come back here but it could be a cynical deflection tactic for a bit. 

It’s crossed my mind I’ll admit. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Is she being used by the UK Government do you think? Deflect away from the brexit shambles and make Britain look good for a few days? I’m in no doubt she’ll get the decision overturned btw and come back here but it could be a cynical deflection tactic for a bit. 

It’s crossed my mind I’ll admit. 

Over 150 jihadi brides wanting to go home in the same week. Strange.

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Oh, somebody with inside knowledge, let’s see what you’ve got?

What's the difference between her and the kids that were groomed in rotherham etc?  She was a kid (15 years old) subjected to constant trickle of grooming and propaganda that resulted in her travelling.  Once there she was still a kid and technically she was raped repeatedly resulting in yet more trauma.

It could actually happen to anyone's kids here - the power that social media gives abusers is scary.   

So now look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "am I ok with taking away all protection from a raped vulnerable child"?   If you are then theres no hope for us.  

Jack:  reason there is so many wanting to return is due to the area controlled by IS pretty much falling the last 2-3 weeks - no conspiracy just facts.

I love seeing everyone's comments but sometimes the internet just shows you the extremists from all sides and not what should be the middle ground... bit like politics at the moment.

Edited by cannonfoda

30 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

What's the difference between her and the kids that were groomed in rotherham etc?  She was a kid (15 years old) subjected to constant trickle of grooming and propaganda that resulted in her travelling.  Once there she was still a kid and technically she was raped repeatedly resulting in yet more trauma.

It could actually happen to anyone's kids here - the power that social media gives abusers is scary.   

So now look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "am I ok with taking away all protection from a raped vulnerable child"?   If you are then theres no hope for us.  

Jack:  reason there is so many wanting to return is due to the area controlled by IS pretty much falling the last 2-3 weeks - no conspiracy just facts.

I love seeing everyone's comments but sometimes the internet just shows you the extremists from all sides and not what should be the middle ground... bit like politics at the moment.

What grooming and propaganda have you been subject to?

I'll give you some examples if you can't say. 

55 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

im not ok with taking away protection of raped children but im all for removing the passports of terrorists that celebrate the bombing of a childrens concert and the beheadings of British aid workers .

1 hour ago, cannonfoda said:

reason there is so many wanting to return is due to the area controlled by IS pretty much falling the last 2-3 weeks - no conspiracy just facts.

And if it hadn’t fell these “I want Home brigade” would still be there enjoying the Caliphate and Islamic State. 

The bubbles burst, for the moment, who’s to say they won’t want to rejoin or join the next incarnation of radical Islam. 

Are you asking us to risk future innocent lives because these brides and fighters realise it time to flee. 

Begum is now 19 and if she returns will be allowed all the benefits that 19 year olds enjoy here. Begum and the rest chose to reject these benefits now it’s gone belly up they say that want the benefits back! 

14 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

im not ok with taking away protection of raped children but im all for removing the passports of terrorists that celebrate the bombing of a childrens concert and the beheadings of British aid workers .

This young woman hasn't been raped by anyone. She's had 3 children with her husband who she wants to be with again possibly as she said back in Holland with the child. 

People saying she's been groomed. So anyone that joins the army at 16 here has been groomed? Or picks a partner at 15/16. Or take a a job or choses a college/ university course. All groomed? 

She made a choice. Maybe people  don't understand the appeal of Islamic State.

1. They offered a way of life to people some of whom especially girls who may have had quite a restricted lifestyle in UK etc limiting what they can do, who they can see including arranged marriages. 

2. ISIS were one of the main groups fighting Assad. That's Assad the war criminal bombing people / civilians indiscriminately. While we might see ISIS as psychotic thugs beheading people many Muslims saw them as the only ones standing up for Muslims in the area.

3. They were winning. The period 2014-2015 brought major successes. They walked over the army in Iraq. People like to be on the winning side. 

She and others made choices. Not groomed or no more than any of us are. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

And if it hadn’t fell these “I want Home brigade” would still be there enjoying the Caliphate and Islamic State. 

The bubbles burst, for the moment, who’s to say they won’t want to rejoin or join the next incarnation of radical Islam. 

Are you asking us to risk future innocent lives because these brides and fighters realise it time to flee. 

Begum is now 19 and if she returns will be allowed all the benefits that 19 year olds enjoy here. Begum and the rest chose to reject these benefits now it’s gone belly up they say that want the benefits back! 

And well said too.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

This young woman hasn't been raped by anyone. She's had 3 children with her husband who she wants to be with again possibly as she said back in Holland with the child. 

People saying she's been groomed. So anyone that joins the army at 16 here has been groomed? Or picks a partner at 15/16. Or take a a job or choses a college/ university course. All groomed? 

She made a choice. Maybe don't understand the appeal of Islamic State.

1. They offered a way of life to people some of whom especially girls who may have had quite a restricted lifestyle why partners in UK etc limiting what they can do, who they can see including arranged marriages. 

2. ISIS were one of the main groups fighting Assad. That's Assad the war criminal bombing people / civilians indiscriminately. While we might see ISIS as psychotic thugs beheading people many Muslims saw them as the only ones standing up for Muslims in the area.

3. They were winning. The period 2014-2015 brought major successes. They walked over the army in Iraq. People like to be on the winning side. 

She and others made choices. Not groomed or no more than any of us are. 

Nope she was under 18yo therefore she's a kid according to the law. And yes to the grooming bit.

I'm out of this arguement as no point arguing with extremists.  

7 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Nope she was under 18yo therefore she's a kid according to the law. And yes to the grooming bit.

How exactly was she groomed? 

2 hours ago, cannonfoda said:

Ill tell you what go and ask my friend Vicki hwr thoughts , her and her daughter missed the explosion in Manchester by 30seconds. They went the wrong way out , came back up the steps and were just out the correct way as the bomb went off. Her and her daughter are still scarred from it. Did they make a choice to get involved. No they didn’t. I’m far from an extremist but my empathy for this vile creature is exactly zero. Why? Because...

1. She has no regrets

2. Thinks Manchester was ok cause it was kinda retaliation

3. She was a straight A student who researched ISIS , made the arrangements for her and her friends to go and made the choice to leave and join.

4. She has shown no sympathy in amy interview until it was made clear she wasn’t getting to just come home then it was oh I’m willing to change. Having previously said I like some British ideals but I believe in ISIS’s ideals and i’m happy living by them. Not like those ideals are extremist is it. 

To say that people who don’t want this thing anywhere near this country is hardly extremist in itself its rational when you’ve seen what these scumbags have done to people or how these peoples behaviour and ideals have affected people that you care about. The only way she should be allowed back in Britain is if the charges against her are war crimes and she’s jailed for life. Iv done some naughty things in my life but I always knew the difference between right and wrong. Murdering people for ideals etc. She is a criminal and her age is irrelevant to that she knew what she was doing. The only reason this is even getting airtime in my opinion is because her family have some friends in decent places. A family she hasn’t even been in touch with...(that was from her lawyer two days ago) 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

How exactly was she groomed? 

So being u18 excuses her from her actions does it. Is your opinion the same on the Bulger killers? Or this lad thats just been found guilty of the murder or Aleasha McPhail. Do you want to go tell the families of those victims that its ok because the killers were u18 they didn’t know what they were doing? 

You go on about extremists for having a different opinion to you. Your opinion is just as extreme and basically your saying anyone who’s done anything wrong that is u18 it should be ignored because of their age. Kinda ludicrous argument. If your a ***** your a ***** whether you are 10 , 15 or 47

Governor Tarkin

I'm out of this argument as no point arguing with extremists.  

Correct. Leave the wee jihadi where she is and don't give her or her ilk any more airtime.

Geoff the Mince
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct. Leave the wee jihadi where she is and don't give her or her ilk any more airtime.

What about the Gorgie Jihad ?

The people who see her as a victim and want her brought back and supported are almost as dangerous as the wee cow herself.

Hope she rots.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

??

My 15 year old daughter can barely make her way up town without getting on the wrong bus somewhere, this girl planned her journey to Syria, apparently using her sisters passport, and no doubt someone else's credit card, and some are trying to make her out to be the victim here...…...incredible!!

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

What about the Gorgie Jihad ?

Fought the good fight during the halcyon days of King Vlad's tenure, Geoff.

"Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive. But to be young was very heaven."

Edited by Governor Tarkin

8 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

52508176_2117335615023187_2542258401690255360_o.jpg

I burst out  laughing at this! 

It was wrong of me as when I gave some thought I realised the severed head bin would contain heads of people subjected to unbelievable horror. 

Begum on the other hand is comfortable with this!?

49 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The people who see her as a victim and want her brought back and supported are almost as dangerous as the wee cow herself.

Hope she rots.

This. 

Oh, and I don't know why, but 'wee cow' made me. ?

11 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Let her come back but she has to go to jail for life

but atleast she will be safe and her will be ok 

No thanks. It would cost the tax payer £50k a year plus. I would rather she cost us nothing because quite frankly she’s worth less than nothing.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
34 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

No thanks. It would cost the tax payer £50k a year plus. I would rather she cost us nothing because quite frankly she’s worth less than nothing.

Correct. 

49 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

She has to be convicted of something first. 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

To save money we could replace jail and stick her in Hamilton .

Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

To save money we could replace jail and stick her in Hamilton .

She’d suicide bomb herself after a days worth of questions. 

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, cannonfoda said:

Your opinion is out of step with the majority on this issue which I think makes you the extremist by definition. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

She has to be convicted of something first. 

the easy thing to do is introduce a new law

- anyone who leaves to travel to a foreign conflict zone, apart from those travelling with an approved charity on humanitarian missions will be convicted of unlawful presence in such a zone-

and set the minimum tariff at 20 years- life