British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Legal aid to assist her.

:phface:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good reasons. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good reasons. 

Yup. I'm not mega happy about the decision, but justice has to take its course. The eventual decision will probably also act as a basis for future similar decisions - it's important that this is all tested in a court of law.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good 

I know but it p****s me off.

4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know but it p****s me off.

Indeed. It will be looked at as her individually i guess. Her family def aren’t short of a penny or two. 

• 6 months later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Appeal on citizenship started

She’ll win this case. She’s quite clearly our citizen.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Unfortunately I agree. Loathesome human being. 

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When she comes back. It will be open season on her for the non Islamic nutjobs

fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agree

But how does she get back to UK? 

That is a bit harder 

I actually feel a bit sorry for her now, she's made bad life choices. The only honourable thing, she should do for her and her family, is end her own life (not with a bomb obviously).

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

That is a bit harder 

Thumb a lift.

38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

That is a bit harder 

At the tax payers expense mate.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Unfortunately I agree. Loathesome human being. 

Correct

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Omg, how on earth will I get to sleep tonight.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thumb a lift.

Hopefully from one of these

9E15EEEF-8427-4B40-91B7-BEB3532E7135.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

just think of the cost to the public to protect the scumbag if she does return

luckyBatistuta

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just think of the cost to the public to protect the scumbag if she does return

She will never have to worry about food and bills for the rest of her days (hope there’s not many) probably. Everything paid for by all us mugs.

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

She will never have to worry about food and bills for the rest of her days (hope there’s not many) probably. Everything paid for by all us mugs.

Well I think all the people who tried to make out she was only a poor innocent 15 year old child who didn't know what she was doing, they should pay for her upkeep.

I see her lawyer is claiming that she should be present for her appeal. It'll be a schoolboy error if that's allowed. Once here, we'd be lumbered with her, should it fail.

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well I think all the people who tried to make out she was only a poor innocent 15 year old child who didn't know what she was doing, they should pay for her upkeep.

Sounds like a plan 👍

7 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I see her lawyer is claiming that she should be present for her appeal. It'll be a schoolboy error if that's allowed. Once here, we'd be lumbered with her, should it fail.

Surely she wouldn’t get herself involved in something dishonest like that. She could always say that she intended to go back and was just coerced.

12 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Its relatively straightforward. 

Just get to a country that has diplomatic relations with UK. 

13 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

And that is fine.

Appeal can be postponed till she gets back. 

11 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

A video link would surely suffice, doesn't need to be physically present be in the room.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

That is a bit harder 

Pass, and don’t really care 

• 5 weeks later...
Mac_fae_Gillie

No real choice now, don't want the ISIS people back but we have no right to expect other nations to hold them. Government need laws in place to deal with these people in the future. As to the ones returning now they need to be interrogated and assessed then either held or released. As to posing a threat hundreds have already returned home already so a few dozen more hardly makes a huge difference, of course if in the future one of them does a terrorist act going to be hell to pay.

• 2 months later...
The Continental Op

So the 16 year old Derek Mackay texted is vulnerable and needs the protection of society and its laws, but a 15 year old girl who went with older friends to a war zone is a responsible and fully reasoning individual who should be treated as if she was a adult?

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I wonder who is paying her legal bills, better not be the British taxpayer.

Why would it be and what are you going to do if it is?

37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why would it be and what are you going to do if it is?

More to the point what could I do about it, feck all, that's what.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I wonder who is paying her legal bills, better not be the British taxpayer.

She's getting legal aid.

10 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

She's getting legal aid.

Wouldn't be surprised at that, yet many thousands can't get it here in the UK.

2 hours ago, The Continental Op said:

So the 16 year old Derek Mackay texted is vulnerable and needs the protection of society and its laws, but a 15 year old girl who went with older friends to a war zone is a responsible and fully reasoning individual who should be treated as if she was a adult?

She's not 15 anymore, is now a battle hardened terrorist and a menace to society

2 hours ago, The Continental Op said:

Great post .

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If your memory is that good then what coloured tie am I wearing?

Hnghhh. Hhnnnugh... 
You’re not wearing one at all! Gasp!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, The Continental Op said:

:rofl:

The sort of student union drivel Owen Jones would tweet.

• 5 months later...
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The Court of Appeal has decided she can return to mount an appeal.  Even if she loses she will have to stay here, as no other country will take her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8529165/Shamima-Begum-return-Britain-battle-right-remain.html#comments

I didn’t expect any other outcome if she’s a British citizen.

wentworth jambo
42 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The Court of Appeal has decided she can return to mount an appeal.  Even if she loses she will have to stay here, as no other country will take her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8529165/Shamima-Begum-return-Britain-battle-right-remain.html#comments

Yep - wasting more taxpayer money on a pointless appeal - "I'm sorry hen, you've lost" - "Ah well, that's a bummer, see ye then !"...all this nonsense that she hasn't committed a crime is cr4p as well - while we can't treat her the same way ISIS treat people fighting against them, she should never be allowed to set foot in this country again - citizenship was given up the minute she decided to joint ISIS - nah, we'll welcome her back and like was said above - she won't have to pay for a thing for the rest of her life....sad state of affairs

Marty Byrde
33 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

She is looking to be treated fairly and decently, something which the unfortunate people found lacking in her Caliphate. A Caliphate she does not regret joining.

Point her in the direction of Bangladesh which is where her parents hail from, is where her Dad resides and is more culturally aligned with her faith and background, although, granted it can be difficult to distinguish between there and the East London of her youth.

I have no doubt she'll be awarded her British Citizenship again and her paedo husband will be over eventually.

7 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

She is looking to be treated fairly and decently, something which the unfortunate people found lacking in her Caliphate. A Caliphate she does not regret joining.

Point her in the direction of Bangladesh which is where her parents hail from, is where her Dad resides and is more culturally aligned with her faith and background, although, granted it can be difficult to distinguish between there and the East London of her youth.

I have no doubt she'll be awarded her British Citizenship again and her paedo husband will be over eventually.

All courtesy of the the British taxpayer they wii have to foot the bill for the court case if she gets back along with it will be UC plus a house the lot! yet hard working people due to no fault of there own has been made jobless and reliant on food banks but they’ll have to glory on. Mind she wanted away from Britain no fecking way should she be allowed back.