AlphonseCapone

British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

Der Kaiser

It's a real shame the baby died but denying her and the babies return was the right decision IMHO. If ISIS were "winning" I can't imagine she'd have been trying to orchestrate her return.

Sometimes it feels like us humans don't want to deal with the consequences of our decisions and actions anymore. It's much easier to blame someone else or look for excuses.

Everyone makes mistakes, some bigger than others, but sometimes you just have to live with that. You ****ed up so deal with it. You made a choice.....it didn't go as you wanted it.....stop looking around for someone to blame.....because it's your fault.

She left to marry a soldier fighting in a warzone for a terrorist organisation that commits atrocious acts against people but still raise a healthy and safe family at the same time? 

Poor choice love.

John Findlay

Maybe San Francisco will take her.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

It's a real shame the baby died but denying her and the babies return was the right decision IMHO. If ISIS were "winning" I can't imagine she'd have been trying to orchestrate her return.

Sometimes it feels like us humans don't want to deal with the consequences of our decisions and actions anymore. It's much easier to blame someone else or look for excuses.

Everyone makes mistakes, some bigger than others, but sometimes you just have to live with that. You ****ed up so deal with it. You made a choice.....it didn't go as you wanted it.....stop looking around for someone to blame.....because it's your fault.

She left to marry a soldier fighting in a warzone for a terrorist organisation that commits atrocious acts against people but still raise a healthy and safe family at the same time? 

Poor choice love.

Pretty well summed up for me

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Maybe San Francisco will take her.

Award her citizenship surely

JamboX2
6 hours ago, Zico said:

I completely disagree that we’re safer with them locked up over here. More likely that they take the opportunity to radicalise others.

That's why education, special measures prison accommodation and de-radicalisation are key. People are more likely to be radicalised when society drops them and moves on without them. To avoid disenfranchising citizens and radicalisation of our younger citizens we really need to go back to the drawing board on quite a lot.

The idea they are better off radicalising an area where no real state structures exist anymore unhindered is more dangerous than them being in a British prison. 

6 hours ago, Zico said:

And I’m not sure what the nazis, Kurds or IRA have to do with ISIS as they’re all completely different situations and not comparable in the slightest IMO. 

With due respect, our government removed her of her citizenship for bring affiliated with ISIS. We don't know what she's done beyond affiliate herself and go live under their rule. IRA terrorists we arrested and locked up never had citizenship revoked.

Fighting for a foreign allied army of an established state is fine. But fighting for the Kurdish Armed Forces is fighting for a group two of our regional allies (Iraq and Turkey) view as being a terrorist and separatist movement. Yet we haven't stripped people from the UK who fought for them of their rights as British citizens.

ISIS are abhorrent. Medieval killers with no real morality. They've massacred and perpetrated horrid crimes. Yet we're not willing to act by our own liberal values we fight them in defence of to try these people for their crimes. Something we did do for the worst group of mass murderers in European history.

There are major contradictions in our approach to this situation which I don't fully see as being proportionate or justifiable to our past actions or to comparable situations elsewhere. We need to deal with this. Not let these people disappear into the night and reappear later to cause us pain in future - which they will if left to their own devices.

The Real Maroonblood

Legal aid to assist her.

:phface:

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Legal aid to assist her.

:phface:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good reasons. 

redjambo
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good reasons. 

Yup. I'm not mega happy about the decision, but justice has to take its course. The eventual decision will probably also act as a basis for future similar decisions - it's important that this is all tested in a court of law.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

UK citizen not convicted of any crime. Unfortunately this government thinks it can just make things up as it goes along. We have laws and a judicial system for good 

I know but it p****s me off.

sadj
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know but it p****s me off.

Indeed. It will be looked at as her individually i guess. Her family def aren’t short of a penny or two. 

Geoff the Mince

Drone strike .

Smithee
1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Drone strike .

More pay, better conditions?

Geoff the Mince
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

More pay, better conditions?

😁