• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Javid has said that he saw images of what she was up to, when embroiled with ISIS, when he was Home Secretary, but he can’t say what he saw or knows about.

He further says that if the public knew then we wouldn’t have any doubts about keeping her out of the UK. It’s whether we can trust anyone in this government to be telling the truth without seeing the proof that is a problem.

That's something I wondered about previously.  Hundreds of jihadis have been allowed to return, for those stripped of citizenship there must be reasons.

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

That's something I wondered about previously.  Hundreds of jihadis have been allowed to return, for those stripped of citizenship there must be reasons.

Exactly. He’s not going to strip her citizenship, just through sheer badness. 
He must have some pretty considerable shit on her, for him to say “no chance”.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Exactly. He’s not going to strip her citizenship, just through sheer badness. 
He must have some pretty considerable shit on her, for him to say “no chance”.

If she's been doing a spot of head removing she should be brought back to Blighty to have a suitable reprimand administered.

16 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

She’s pretty sexy now. 

16 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Send the good people of JKB some scuddies and we’ll let you back in 😁

Thank you both for maintaining my faith in JKB. Conversation was heading in the wrong direction completely!

55 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The Begum/Patel threesome only viable if she gets let back in, though.

I obviously hadn't digested my breakfast as much as I'd thought.

11 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Exactly, they must know something about her that they can't reveal in public.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, they must know something about her that they can't reveal in public.

Didn't Javid say as much when he said if you knew what I know about her deeds you would never allow her back. So what did she get up to? Just tell us then it might stop the media acting as cheerleaders for her on a regular basis. 

21 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Here’s some reports of her deeds:

The Daily Telegraph reported that Begum was an "enforcer" in ISIL's "morality police", and tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group.[20] She was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle and earned a reputation as a strict enforcer of ISIL's laws, such as dress codes for women. An anti-ISIL activist told The Independent that there are separate allegations of "Begum [stitching] suicide bombers into explosive vests so they could not be removed without detonating".[21]

15 hours ago, iantjambo said:

He’s not going to strip her citizenship, just through sheer badness. 

Sheer badness is the basis of many Tory decisions, it would seem, so wouldn't be a huge shock.

On 03/08/2021 at 18:08, Famous 1874 said:

What’s this terrorist scumbag up to now? 

Cabinet reshuffle. How Raab is still in government, I'll never know.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:
On 03/08/2021 at 18:08, Famous 1874 said:

What’s this terrorist scumbag up to now? 

Cabinet reshuffle. How Raab is still in government, I'll never know.

:lol:

Your best for a while, bud. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Bret the Hitman Hearts
On 15/09/2021 at 14:40, Smithee said:

She's English

That's up for debate, really.

Richard Gough was born in Sweden but you wouldn't say he's Swedish

7 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

That's up for debate, really.

Richard Gough was born in Sweden but you wouldn't say he's Swedish

You would if he'd been born, raised and educated in Sweden though.

• 1 year later...
Jeffros Furios

Bring the lass home she was groomed at 13 and there's 100 of IS fighters walking the streets of Britain .

If the UK government don't want her I hope Nicola fights her corner and  let Scotland become her new home .

Sinners repent ! 

That thing you do

I think she should be allowed back, arrested, serve time and go through deradicalisation and be monitored for life.

Everyone here seems to ok with UK government making someone stateless. Its illegal in international law and throwing someone else your problems doesnt deal with the fact she was groomed/radicalised in the UK and so we should be finding out what happened with her, who was involved and get THEM out.

49 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

I think she should be allowed back, arrested, serve time and go through deradicalisation and be monitored for life.

Everyone here seems to ok with UK government making someone stateless. Its illegal in international law and throwing someone else your problems doesnt deal with the fact she was groomed/radicalised in the UK and so we should be finding out what happened with her, who was involved and get THEM out.

That's a lot of money, UK is skint!

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

I assume she would get a trial after being arrested? What would she be charged with?

That thing you do
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume she would get a trial after being arrested? What would she be charged with?

I would say at keast intention to commit a terror offence?

That thing you do
1 hour ago, OBE said:

That's a lot of money, UK is skint!

Well the tories give contracts to shipping companies with no ships so how is this expensive compared to that, given something will happen with the money.

We have money for that and the Monarchy and big business. We are not skint if we can do all that.

8 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Well the tories give contracts to shipping companies with no ships so how is this expensive compared to that, given something will happen with the money.

We have money for that and the Monarchy and big business. We are not skint if we can do all that.

UK is skint, furlough and mini-budgets need funding, everyone needs electricity, bump up the prices, energy companies make billions a 1/4, then savage them with a windfall tax...a hink!...:D

Edited by OBE

That thing you do
8 minutes ago, OBE said:

UK is skint, furlough and mini-budgets need funding, everyone needs electricity, bump up the prices, energy companies make billions a 1/4, then savage them with a windfall tax...a hink!...:D

I know, Im just making the point that a bankrupt nation cannot afford to keep the Royals, or the Tories.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Belonging to a terrorist organisation I'd imagine, as ISIL and all it's affiated groups are a proscribed terrorist group under UK law and it's an offence under UK law for anybody to belong to it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proscribed-terror-groups-or-organisations--2/proscribed-terrorist-groups-or-organisations-accessible-version

3 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

I know, Im just making the point that a bankrupt nation cannot afford to keep the Royals, or the Tories.

Sell em, sell em all...

👍

Edited by OBE

2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

In her case, the UK government believe that she has Bangladeshi citizenship on her mothers side (although the Bangladeshis deny this). I somehow doubt the government would be purposefully doing something unlawful 'just because'. They must have some sort of proof of this - which I expect will come out in the court case. 

She was 15 and a half when she left the UK to join ISIS. She was 19 and a half when she entered a Syrian refugee camp where she was quoted as saying she wasn't phased by western beheadings, isis were entitled to bomb Manchester arena for all the atrocities committed by the West and her response to yazhidi women being raped and slaughtered was simply to say....Shia did it to women in Iraq. Not sure that's the type of person we should be inviting back, even to spend time in jail. Personally think she's playing the groomed card as she all out of other options. All just my opinion of course!

14 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

She was 15 and a half when she left the UK to join ISIS. She was 19 and a half when she entered a Syrian refugee camp where she was quoted as saying she wasn't phased by western beheadings, isis were entitled to bomb Manchester arena for all the atrocities committed by the West and her response to yazhidi women being raped and slaughtered was simply to say....Shia did it to women in Iraq. Not sure that's the type of person we should be inviting back, even to spend time in jail. Personally think she's playing the groomed card as she all out of other options. All just my opinion of course!

But you seem to agree she was brainwashed as a child?

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

But you seem to agree she was brainwashed as a child?

She was only just shy of being able to vote on Scottish elections .

Either you are an adult at that age or you are not.

I always slightly cringe when women - almost exclusively women- cry victim when they get caught out.

Had it been a dude, this debate would not even merit oxygen .

Just now, doctor jambo said:

I always slightly cringe when women - almost exclusively women- cry victim when they get caught out.

Correct.

12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

A male ISIS bride would be a bit odd though. 

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

When she left, yeah, but the grooming and brainwashing happened in the years before she was 15 and a half. 

Every single court case has had to have a closed session because of the information which the government/security services hold about her, information none of us know what it is, but it must be something to warrant closed court sessions.  Sajid Javid when he was home secretary stated that if the public knew what he knows about her there would be no debate about her ever getting back into the UK.

There have been various rumours that she was in a position of power in the morality police, wandered about with a kalashnikov, made suicide vests etc etc, none, all or part of it may be true. 

I suspect that she has been up to some serious shit, that would explain why the government has taken such a hard line with her case, remember the government know a hell of a lot more about her than we do and are in a better position to make judgement about her.

I just wish they could release some or all of that information.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

This

Edited by FWJ

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Equally if ISIS still had a caliphate, Shamima Begum would probably still be breeding the next generation of jihadi's and have no interest whatsoever to return to the UK.

50 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion from my post tbh @Smithee

She was 15 and a half when she left, the brainwashing happened in the couple of years before that, and she wasn't an adult at 13

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Equally if ISIS still had a caliphate, Shamima Begum would probably still be breeding the next generation of jihadi's and have no interest whatsoever to return to the UK.

Why did you use the word 'breeding?' 

The key issue for me is whether or not we were right, legally, to withdraw her citizenship, claiming that we could do so because she had dual citizenship. If we were right in doing that, then I'm fine with that and it's up to the other country of which she is still a national to sort the situation out. If we were wrong, then we need to bring her home and charge her with the crimes she committed.

On 15/09/2021 at 19:34, SwindonJambo said:

Tough shit, hen. You made an utterly abhorrent choice in life and you must now live with the consequences.  Sin in haste, repent at leisure. She doesn't sound  remorseful to me. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. Let her fate serve as a deterrent to others considering following suit.

14 months on and absolutely no change. We must not cave on this utterly rancid human.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

14 months on and absolutely no change. We must not cave on this utterly rancid human.

She certainly has committed abhorrent crimes. However, we have to live up to our obligations under international law. And those obligations include not leaving anyone stateless, if that turns out to be the case with her. The human rights provisions that protect people from becoming stateless protect a great number of innocent and good people. It's just unfortunate that they also, in some cases, protect not so good people. But we can't pick and choose, because if that happens then the provisions become arbitrary and thus worthless.

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

She certainly has committed abhorrent crimes. However, we have to live up to our obligations under international law. And those obligations include not leaving anyone stateless, if that turns out to be the case with her. The human rights provisions that protect people from becoming stateless protect a great number of innocent and good people. It's just unfortunate that they also, in some cases, protect not so good people. But we can't pick and choose, because if that happens then the provisions become arbitrary and thus worthless.

Part of the argument is she is also Bangladeshi. So maybe her new home lies there.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Part of the argument is she is also Bangladeshi. So maybe her new home lies there.

Yup. If that is indeed the case, then we were within our rights to withdraw her British citizenship, and she is now Bangladesh's problem. I imagine that the lawyers will have a field day deciding whether that is the case or not.