British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Doubt that sorta person exists tbh. 

I don't think you're being honest at all there, mate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I don't think you're being honest at all there, mate.

Just seems like a lot of effort. Much easier to shout at the English football team from my couch. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Just seems like a lot of effort. Much easier to shout at the English football team from my couch. 

Shouting at your fellow Brits?

Shocking behavior.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Shouting at your fellow Brits?

Shocking behavior.

You're always hardest on those closest to you I suppose. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You're always hardest on those closest to you I suppose. 

Haha. Very true.

18 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It might have been an idea to try and debate the point, no matter how much you disagree with it, instead of just simply unleashing both barrels. 

Whether you like it or not, and whether you agree with it or not, I happen to believe that there is a scatter gun objective behind ISIS drive to recruit brides for their fighters.

ISIS have been a brutal enemy, but also quite innovative when it comes to furthering their cause, and causing death and destruction.

We’ve had gun attacks, knife attacks, bombing of innocents at various ‘neutral’ events, vehicles being driven at bystanders etc all across the world. 

The battle will go on. ISIS aren’t finished. They’ll simply evolve and move on to the next phase of their jihad. They will have planned for this eventuality.

I refuse to believe that ISIS expended so much effort on recruiting brides for their fighters simply to keep their morale up. I refuse to believe that it was simply to give them another ‘cause’ to fight for.

I do believe that it’s entirely possible that part of the ‘commitment’ involved between husband and wife, was that children would be taught about their parents, their history and their ‘cause’

That may all be a bit conspirational for you but I do believe that it’s entirely plausible.

I’ve done my best to explain my rational so feel free to debate.

Please don’t call me a cretin again though.

Interesting analysis of child protection court decisions suggests if she comes back she will lose the child. Based on these very concerns - protecting child from extremist parent.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/shamima-begum-what-happen-child-baby-law/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Mikey1874

Good. Well done Said Javid. Hopefully this will deter others from following in her footsteps, whatever sick cause they attach themselves to. Good riddance.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Feel sorry for the bairn tbh.

Hell mend her, though.

Yup, future destroyed by a terrorist mother.

Craig Gordons Gloves
8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Scotsman/British National.

You seem the kinda guy takes Irn Bru, (****** rank) on holiday, intentionally takes Scottish money to England, just to find and argument and puts ''Scottish'' as nationality on forms in the hope someone will take issue.

What kind of person are you? Describing Irn Bru as rank? Dear me.  This could be the worst thing i've ever read on here. 

33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Syria or Holland are options if not UK.

So not 'stateless'. I don't think. 

apparently she has bangladeshi dual nationality

...a bit disco

Whitehall sources confirmed the home secretary had taken the decision.

Under the 1981 British Nationality Act, a person can be deprived of their citizenship if the home secretary is satisfied it would be "conducive to the public good" and they would not become stateless as a result.

Ms Begum said she travelled to Syria with her sister's UK passport but it was taken from her when she crossed the border.

She is believed to be of Bangladeshi heritage but when asked by the BBC, she said did not have a Bangladesh passport and had never been to the country.

A Home Office spokesman said while he could not discuss individual cases, "we don't leave people stateless".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47299907

Whatever the ins and outs it's an opportunity to send a message. 

Someone who supports the Manchester bombing is an enemy. 

She can help rebuild Syria. She went on behalf of Muslims in Syria. So help them now. 

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's because it is.

:pleasing: 

The decision is, but the letter seems odd.  I've seen it in a few places on the web, but it struck me as seeming a bit casual for the Home Office.

33 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The decision is, but the letter seems odd.  I've seen it in a few places on the web, but it struck me as seeming a bit casual for the Home Office.

Probably because they are sitting smoking cigars , knowing we don’t have to pay for a new identity and private security to protect her forever.

she is not stateless, she has Islamic State.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I agree, I posted similar to you on pussbook and had it's veracity pointed out to me.

Apparently these decisions are not uncommon but are regularly legally challenged and recinded.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Probably because they are sitting smoking cigars , knowing we don’t have to pay for a new identity and private security to protect her forever.

she is not stateless, she has Islamic State.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I posted.  The letter struck me as odd, because it doesn't ring true for a Home Office letter.  I doubt the civil servants sit there thinking "how will we mess about with the text this time?"

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

What kind of person are you? Describing Irn Bru as rank? Dear me.  This could be the worst thing i've ever read on here. 

Vile stuff, mate. 

Interesting development, this Bangladeshi citizenship angle.

Such an unsympathetic figure and one I'm happy to see burned on a technicality. Still wish they could have done something for her child though.

On 19/02/2019 at 07:16, Governor Tarkin said:

Nobody's denying that.

It's not some amazing revelation.

It's the fact that Mr Alban never misses an opportunity to shoehorn in some anti British rhetoric into every ****ing thread he posts on. Regardless of how tenuous the link.

Some wee British Britain hating ISIS boot = Britain bad. :lol:

SNLA member. Absolute nap.

Bet he gazes longingly across the water at his republican cousins with a mixture of pride and envy.

Many Scots took full part in those atrocities and Scotland profited hugely from the Empire. 

Listening to an International Law expert this morning was interesting. 

Under International Law we are not allowed to leave a citizen stateless. This girl may be entitled to a Bangladesh passport but that does mean she has Bangladesh citizenship and, therefore, we cannot revoke her UK passport. (I suppose it’s the same as the other thread on here where people are looking to get Irish passports?)

However, the child has (apparently) a Dutch father so he may be entitled to travel to Holland without his mother. He may also, of course, be entitled to a Bangladesh passport if his mother gets one. 

His is gut feeling is that we have a responsibility to take her in and make sure she faces the full force of the law. She would probably need to be behind bars for her own safety anyway. But unfortunately it will be difficult to link her directly with crimes to try against her so a strong defence team could diminish her responsibility down to “silly girl” status. 

Personally I would rather she had been killed by a drone last year but, as an alternative, better she is in prison here than living in Bangladesh, harbouring hatred for the UK. 

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Many Scots took full part in those atrocities and Scotland profited hugely from the Empire. 

And would do so again in the blink of an eye.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And would do so again in the blink of an eye.

If Scotland ever gets its Independence, you can bet Ri Alban would be pushing for my Scottish passport to be revoked “for my own safety”. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Still wish they could have done something for her child though.

Agreed. I know I'm inclined to call a spade a spade, but the callous attitude being shown towards the bairn is pretty off.

Saw a Tommy Yaxley Cuntinson  video yesterday where he was ranting about the wee murdering jihadi baby. Sad really. Folk were lapping it up.

13 hours ago, Victorian said:

She's had her citizenship yanked.

Might have been a decent plan to shut yer gob until you snaked back in.     Get used to Syria.

It'll be challenged in the courts.

Not necessarily for concerns about the girl or her child, but because the legal power to pull away someone's citizenship is dubious at best. It's frankly very alarming to see a Home Secretary just wilfully remove a citizen's status and make them stateless. If her then who else? 

Some of the reactions have been foaming at the mouth type nonsense. We used to abide - as a state - by our international duties and obligations. She should've been allowed back. The child given to her family. Then put on trial and locked away. 

Leaving her to rot and risking the health and safety of her child (who is innocent here) is inhumane. It's a big recruiting sergeant for these extremists to boot.

Javid's drive to be Tory leader is really a slap in the face to due process and good governance. All of his actions if viewed through the leadership become clearer by the day: he's sensationalising the Channel crossings, he's ratcheting up the harsh immigration policies and now stripping people of their citizenship with a stroke of his pen.

Very worrying precedent.

Frankly, Trump is right, European nations need to agree if they're going to go down the Hague route of trials, do it domestically or just let these dangerous 800 people become stateless threats with little recourse to justice. 

31 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Not necessarily for concerns about the girl or her child, but because the legal power to pull away someone's citizenship is dubious at best. It's frankly very alarming to see a Home Secretary just wilfully remove a citizen's status and make them stateless. If her then who else? 

Some of the reactions have been foaming at the mouth type nonsense. We used to abide - as a state - by our international duties and obligations. She should've been allowed back. The child given to her family. Then put on trial and locked away. 

Leaving her to rot and risking the health and safety of her child (who is innocent here) is inhumane. It's a big recruiting sergeant for these extremists to boot.

Javid's drive to be Tory leader is really a slap in the face to due process and good governance. All of his actions if viewed through the leadership become clearer by the day: he's sensationalising the Channel crossings, he's ratcheting up the harsh immigration policies and now stripping people of their citizenship with a stroke of his pen.

Very worrying precedent.

Frankly, Trump is right, European nations need to agree if they're going to go down the Hague route of trials, do it domestically or just let these dangerous 800 people become stateless threats with little recourse to justice. 

Yip. 

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Agreed. I know I'm inclined to call a spade a spade, but the callous attitude being shown towards the bairn is pretty off.

Saw a Tommy Yaxley Cuntinson  video yesterday where he was ranting about the wee murdering jihadi baby. Sad really. Folk were lapping it up.

Ugh. That's just pathetic. And yet... unsurprising

51 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Very worrying precedent.

Fair points. 

Her coming back is also a very good recruiting banner for ISIS. "Supporter of Manchester bombing" etc. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair points. 

Her coming back is also a very good recruiting banner for ISIS. "Supporter of Manchester bombing" etc. 

I think back to history at times. The shooting of the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising swung support to the idea of Irish independence and fuelled the war which erupted soon after the war ended. 

The death of someone. Becoming a martyr. Is something far more concerning if it can be attributed to the British state.