British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We truly are a soft touch nowadays.

Really are John. What kind of message does this send out to discourage people from this behaviour, when we are willing to take back terrorists and then spend money protecting them. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

This 100%

Aw poor wee lamb just wants to come home

Im sure the folk whose heads were piled up in ****ing dustbins fancied going home too

It’s disgusting to me that we are even contemplating letting her come back. She left of her own accord and now after it’s all fell apart for her, she wants our sympathy. 

If she didn't give up her UK nationality then I think that legally she can come back to the UK. Not sure she'll be welcome though. There must be a lot more than her out there though who were adult age when they left here.

Just now, Section Q said:

If she didn't give up her UK nationality then I think that legally she can come back to the UK. Not sure she'll be welcome though. There must be a lot more than her out there though who were adult age when they left here.

I watched a guy in the security service talk about it yesterday , he said theres hundreds back already and its very difficult to prosecute and most of them get off due to difficulties gathering evidence from Syria

its a ****ing mess

International law of conflict has been in a total mess for years, and especially since 9/11.

Defining the legal status of combatants remains a hotly argued subject.

Persons classified as soldiers have certain rights. Those labelled terrorists do not. The people doing the labelling try to pick and choose which laws to apply, leading to utter mayhem and chaos as they simply ignore international law entirely and freely kill anybody they want and commit all kinds of atrocities by simply claiming that people are terrorists and not soldiers.

See Myanmar for just one example of the mess this makes.

The legality of using drones in nations without permission to be in their airspace and the legality of assassinating suspects with drone strikes without any legal process is a whole other subject for another day.

At the minute, we can't prove that this girl was either a legal soldier or an illegal combatant.

All we can prove is that she was a member of a prescribed terror group.

Which means she falls under criminal law and not the murky laws of international armed conflict.

She remains, for now, a UK citizen and strictly speaking should have consular access.

If she's brought back here, she will face the law and most likely end up in prison for a long time due to her membership of a prescribed group.

The kid will be raised in care.

Under international treaties, the UK is also legally obliged to protest against death sentences for it's citizens wherever they are in the world.

So Syria would be under pressure to jail her instead of a death sentence. 

Then they'd want to deport her back here after release anyways.

If we remove her citizenship then she'd probably be legally counted as a refugee, with all the rights and protections that come with that.

She may then claim asylum anywhere, most likely the UK, and have a strong claim as she'd be under the threat of death in Syria.

Again, under international treaties and legal obligations, the UK is bound to protect refugees under threat of death.

It's all very easy to make emotional knee-jerk calls for various solutions to this case, but International and UK Law don't work like that.

I think the current "out" is she needs to get back. We cannot stop her returning BUT are in no hurry to try and extract her from a camp inside a war zone.

Its a hitch hike and a half

1 hour ago, JimKongUno said:

I watched a guy in the security service talk about it yesterday , he said theres hundreds back already and its very difficult to prosecute and most of them get off due to difficulties gathering evidence from Syria

its a ****ing mess

It’s interesting that she said as much herself when asked about all of that stuff and told that foreign intelligence services in U.K. say that she could be dangerous. Her response was weird, she instantly said “they don’t have any evidence” rather than “no I’m not” or anything along those lines. 

She’s not a hugely sympathetic character and doesn’t come across well in these interviews at all, which is quite an achievement given that she’s sitting there with a newborn in the most recent one that I saw.  

30 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I think the current "out" is she needs to get back. We cannot stop her returning BUT are in no hurry to try and extract her from a camp inside a war zone.

Its a hitch hike and a half

The UK only needs to legally do anything if/when she presents herself to British officials in Northern Iraq, it's her problem to make it to there.

4 minutes ago, redm said:

It’s interesting that she said as much herself when asked about all of that stuff and told that foreign intelligence services in U.K. say that she could be dangerous. Her response was weird, she instantly said “they don’t have any evidence” rather than “no I’m not” or anything along those lines. 

She’s not a hugely sympathetic character and doesn’t come across well in these interviews at all, which is quite an achievement given that she’s sitting there with a newborn in the most recent one that I saw.  

Yeh, picked up on that one myself, she also contradicted herself in the Sky interview, when she said early on in the interview that she 'didn't know what she was getting herself into' then later admitted that she knew all about the executions & beheadings before she left the UK to join IS.

She told the BBC while it was "wrong" innocent people died in the 2017 Manchester attack, it was "kind of retaliation" for attacks on IS.

let her rot

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

She told the BBC while it was "wrong" innocent people died in the 2017 Manchester attack, it was "kind of retaliation" for attacks on IS.

let her rot

I think to summarise -

she is quite patently thick as mince....and utterly unrepentant.

If it was me, I'd be ditching the headscarf, throwing on a bikini and converting to Judaism or somesuch as the life of my child would take priority.

She seems utterly unable to consider the welfare of her child above her own belief systems

Why is she getting all this media attention? Do they not think that some of the shite she's coming out with might inspire someone already in the UK? Let her rot and don't give her a voice.

The explanation above from Cade is helpful.

One thing re consular  access - walking into a British embassy and asking for help - is we don't have one in Syria. 

So she either finds her way to another country or relies on Syria for the next step. Hoping Syria wants rid rather than putting her in jail for being ISIS. 

Perhaps the European countries who supplied most of the foreign Jihadists should get together and create some sort of international war crimes tribunal. That way the cost of investigating the atrocities, and determining who was involved, will be shared between us, and the people who committed crimes will be held to account. I'm surprised this hasn't taken place to be honest given the crimes that the IS are reported to have committed. It would be stupid to leave it years before we start gathering evidence and have to start trying to find the culprits, many of whom will have no doubt disappeared from view or committed more crimes by then.

57 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The explanation above from Cade is helpful.

One thing re consular  access - walking into a British embassy and asking for help - is we don't have one in Syria. 

So she either finds her way to another country or relies on Syria for the next step. Hoping Syria wants rid rather than putting her in jail for being ISIS. 

Syria might want to deport her to...the UK, as they have enough of their own mess to clean up. 

I think her half-arsed attempt to justify things like the Manchester bombing might make things very tricky for her return.      Clueless and warped.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

let her rot

If she is serious about trying to get back to the UK, I think she needs to STFU and fast, because everytime she opens her mouth she just makes things worse for herself.

Manchester attack a "kind of retaliation" for attacks on IS terrority, FFS.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I think to summarise -

she is quite patently thick as mince....and utterly unrepentant.

If it was me, I'd be ditching the headscarf, throwing on a bikini and converting to Judaism or somesuch as the life of my child would take priority.

She seems utterly unable to consider the welfare of her child above her own belief systems

She was a straight A student so I think she's just a fanatic and as you say utterly unrepentant.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

She was a straight A student so I think she's just a fanatic and as you say utterly unrepentant.

So not a daft young lass then, yet more evidence 

13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So not a daft young lass then, yet more evidence 

Oh anything but, as has been noted, she was a straight A student, she is known to have spent quite some time researching ISIS online, and it's been said that it was her who made all the travel plans for the 3 of them.

Despite spending time researching ISIS she claims that she didn't know what she was getting into, damn right she knew, not only did she know, but she embraced all that ISIS stood for with open arms.

jack D and coke

We’ve got plenty of these people in Scotland too when you think about it. You probably heard them chanting about another terrorist organisation and singing songs about Lee Rigby yesterday just before smashing rugby park up, invading the pitch and seemingly threatening Killie fans outside afterwards. I watched a video on twitter today of probably a 5 year old singing a sectarian song too. 

These fans probably agree with this little boot. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We’ve got plenty of these people in Scotland too when you think about it. You probably heard them chanting about another terrorist organisation and singing songs about Lee Rigby yesterday just before smashing rugby park up, invading the pitch and seemingly threatening Killie fans outside afterwards. I watched a video on twitter today of probably a 5 year old singing a sectarian song too. 

These fans probably agree with this little boot. 

Best fans in the world they say aye

4 hours ago, redm said:

Im tired i just had a baby - that should instill some sympathy yet fails too. Her comments about not regretting joining ISIS or sneaking to Syria the comment about not being fazed about seeing heads in bins etc. All vile stuff. The whole idea of theres no evidence i did anything wrong. **** off... strangest comment ever. Then to say to her family keep fighting to get me home. Followed by her lawyer saying she hasnt even been in touch with her family. Absolutely no chance she should be allowed to re-enter the country. I was 15 and didnt know what i was doing but i dont regret it. Pretty sure when i was 15 i knew not to behead people or associate with people who did. I knew right from wrong and anything stupid i did I regretted. Only way i think she should be allowed back is if shes jailed for membership of IS and its atrocities. I think that would require a law change unfortunately. No doubt they will help her return they will rehome her throw money at her and change her identity. No chance it will bite the country in the ass. Meanwhile people who don’t renounce Britain or British ways of life who fon’t join radical extremists will continue to struggle and continue to move closer to the poverty line. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

let her rot

I hadn’t seen that bit. Just reinforces my opinion shes a vile creature 

Sure I heard she had given birth to 3 other kids which had died.  At this rate she will have about 12 children at the age of 30 if she's allowed back into the UK and not prosecuted.  This would be a huge burden on the tax payer.  I also watched her interview earlier on the BBC and she is not remorseful at all.   The vile cretin can rot.

Dagger Is Back

I don’t even want the baby here. Let’s just parachute a whole bunch of wee ISIS ticking time bombs in to the UK.

She should have signed her own sentence by now. Would be a shame if age caught a stray bullet in the coming days and weeks.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Sure I heard she had given birth to 3 other kids which had died.  At this rate she will have about 12 children at the age of 30 if she's allowed back into the UK and not prosecuted.  This would be a huge burden on the tax payer.  I also watched her interview earlier on the BBC and she is not remorseful at all.   The vile cretin can rot.

She's had 3 in total, two of which have died, the third one is the newborn son she's just had.

Women it seems under IS are nothing more than breeding factories, whose sole purpose is to produce the next generation of IS fighters, well that's the way it seems to me, a similar ideology to a certain 1930's European country of producing a 'master race' springs to mind.

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

When someone is calling a 1 week old baby a "ticking ISIS time bomb", I feel well within my rights to call that person a cretin.

Unless, he is given up for adoption, given a new identity  and brought up by a sensible and moderate family, then unfortunately there’s a high probability that’s exactly what he’ll become. His worthless arsewipe  of mother comes from a family with toxic ideology so there would be a big chance of him following suit unfortunately.

jack D and coke
Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Unless, he is given up for adoption, given a new identity  and brought up by a sensible and moderate family, then unfortunately there’s a high probability that’s exactly what he’ll become. His worthless arsewipe  of mother comes from a family with toxic ideology so there would be a big chance of him following suit unfortunately.

Totally agree. She’s a complete waste of skin as are her family and the kid will be another poisoned scumbag when he’s older if he’s not removed from them. 

Dagger Is Back
31 minutes ago, Cade said:

When someone is calling a 1 week old baby a "ticking ISIS time bomb", I feel well within my rights to call that person a cretin.

It might have been an idea to try and debate the point, no matter how much you disagree with it, instead of just simply unleashing both barrels. 

Whether you like it or not, and whether you agree with it or not, I happen to believe that there is a scatter gun objective behind ISIS drive to recruit brides for their fighters.

ISIS have been a brutal enemy, but also quite innovative when it comes to furthering their cause, and causing death and destruction.

We’ve had gun attacks, knife attacks, bombing of innocents at various ‘neutral’ events, vehicles being driven at bystanders etc all across the world. 

The battle will go on. ISIS aren’t finished. They’ll simply evolve and move on to the next phase of their jihad. They will have planned for this eventuality.

I refuse to believe that ISIS expended so much effort on recruiting brides for their fighters simply to keep their morale up. I refuse to believe that it was simply to give them another ‘cause’ to fight for.

I do believe that it’s entirely possible that part of the ‘commitment’ involved between husband and wife, was that children would be taught about their parents, their history and their ‘cause’

That may all be a bit conspirational for you but I do believe that it’s entirely plausible.

I’ve done my best to explain my rational so feel free to debate.

Please don’t call me a cretin again though.

Bridge of Djoum
On 17/02/2019 at 18:05, SwindonJambo said:

This, every day of the week. You've spoken for me. Her attitude is unacceptable. She can rot forever in a dark smelly place far away from here.

How far is Dundee?

Maybe Isis should build roads and railways. Then they'll be forgiven for their crimes. Seems to work for the British.

Edited by ri Alban

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe Isis should build roads and railways. Then they'll be forgiven for their crimes. Seems to work for the British.

Yawn.

You really are a self-loathing bore.

23 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yawn.

Sad thing is he's not wrong. Britain committed far worse atrocities than ISIS have.

48 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yawn.

Mirror mirror on the wall.

I'm I wrong? You kinda sum it up, yesterday we had a Scotsman interview her. Now that's irony.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Sad thing is he's not wrong. Britain committed far worse atrocities than ISIS have.

Nobody's denying that.

It's not some amazing revelation.

It's the fact that Mr Alban never misses an opportunity to shoehorn in some anti British rhetoric into every ****ing thread he posts on. Regardless of how tenuous the link.

Some wee British Britain hating ISIS boot = Britain bad. :lol:

SNLA member. Absolute nap.

Bet he gazes longingly across the water at his republican cousins with a mixture of pride and envy.

Bridge of Djoum
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm I wrong? You kinda sum it up, yesterday we had a Scotsman interview her. Now that's irony.

Are you British?

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Oh really 

Pretty much evert country or state has done some horiffic stuff in the 'national interest', and Britain was - amongst notable others- particulary good at it.

That said, I can't understand folk who insist on self-flagellating over events in which they had no hand, and which took place decades, if not hundreds of years, before their mother issued them forth.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pretty much evert country or state has done some horiffic stuff in the 'national interest', and Britain was - amongst notable others- particulary good at it.

That said, I can't understand folk who insist on self-flagellating over events in which they had no hand, and which took place decades, if not hundreds of years, before their mother issued them forth.

Image result for proud gif

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotsman/British National.

You seem the kinda guy takes Irn Bru, (****** rank) on holiday, intentionally takes Scottish money to England, just to find and argument and puts ''Scottish'' as nationality on forms in the hope someone will take issue.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Indeed but Britain and others have also done a lot of good in the world since those days. ISIS however bring nothing but misery and destruction

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, JimKongUno said:

Indeed but Britain and others have also done a lot of good in the world since those days. ISIS however bring nothing but misery and destruction

You never know, ISIS might create a new internet, or Cancer curing drug in a couple hundred years...

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Scotsman/British National.

You seem the kinda guy takes Irn Bru, (****** rank) on holiday, intentionally takes Scottish money to England, just to find and argument and puts ''Scottish'' as nationality on forms in the hope someone will take issue.

Doubt that sorta person exists tbh.