British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

AlphonseCapone

BBC News - British IS schoolgirl 'wants to return home'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

There are a lot of angles to this with the sounds of it. She is apparently 9 months pregnant. And apparently doesn't regret going or hasn't particularly changed her views. 

Thoughts on how we deal with this and similar such people? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

Nope. Nyet. Nein. Non. Shouldn't be allowed back in at all. If she wants to give the child up for adoption to some Brits, fair enough but no chance she should be allowed back in. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

She will be.

Theres a programme called Prevent that will also assist her.

She shouldn’t be allowed back in my opinion.

Why does she want to come back for the sake of her child? I assume she doesn’t like the way of life down there? She is against that lifestyle, so why should she now want to return to it? Surely she’d be better living in a country who’s political ideologies are more in line with her own?

Governor Tarkin

The human in me says let her return, if not for her (although I remember how ****ing stupid I was at her age), for her unborn child. The kid's done nothing wrong and deserves a chance.

The realist in me says let her rot.

It's a toughie.

Yep.  Come back... straight into internment until it is 100% guaranteed of no risk to the public.    Humanitarian internment.     Otherwise **** right off.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The human in me says let her return, if not for her (although I remember how ****ing stupid I was at her age), for her unborn child. The kid's done nothing wrong and deserves a chance.

It's a toughie.

Yup. That's why I say if she's wanting to return for the safety of her child, she can put the child up for adoption in the UK. The mother needs to show proper remorse, renounce IS and show an understanding of why IS are *****, before she's even considered to be let back in. 

34 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

There are a lot of angles to this with the sounds of it. She is apparently 9 months pregnant. And apparently doesn't regret going or hasn't particularly changed her views. 

Get her TF.

Was saying on the news this morning that not only does she not regret going to Syria but she feels that she has let all the 'martyrs' down because she fled Raqqa and left the others there. 

She also didn't seem bothered about seeing decapitated bodies laying about the streets, thought it was quite normal.

And she claims that she led a normal life, WTF, a normal life with decapitated bodies laying about and heaven knows what other horrors, a normal life where her other 2 children die, one from malnutrition & the other from Illness, and this is a normal life, maybe in ISIS controlled Syria it might be.

But now she wants to come 'home', well I'm sorry, but her home is in Syria, she made her bed, she choose that lifestyle and now that's it's all went belly-up she wants to come 'home'.

She is still radicalised, I doubt her views about ISIS have changed, therefore she can stay in Syria.

If we let someone back in who is apparently 'gutted' about not becoming a martyr on the battlefield then questions surely need to be asked.

Arrange a drone strike on her

ISIL dream of a Caliphate has failed it would appear so this girl wants back in to the UK. However she has no regrets about the dream she followed. Who’s to say that when the next Caliphate rears it’s head she won’t want to embrace that and all it’s butchery and oppression. 

If we allow her back here the costs will be hefty I’d imagine although she could sell her story to the Daily Rag to help cover them.

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Kid can come. She can obviously stay put

I saw the story and immediately thought I could pop onto the Daily Mail to see whether I could raise some seethe.

I've quoted the parable of the prodigal son from the gospel and am sitting back to see what happens when it's posted. One guy had posted similar to you. I told him that separating children from their mothers was a bit "Trumpy".

My actual thoughts are that she's shown no signs of regret or remorse; she doesn't seem to have said anything critical of IS or positive about the UK, other than the fact that our free healthcare is pretty good. I'd be chucking her in chokey for a few years.

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I saw the story and immediately thought I could pop onto the Daily Mail to see whether I could raise some seethe.

I've quoted the parable of the prodigal son from the gospel and am sitting back to see what happens when it's posted. One guy had posted similar to you. I told him that separating children from their mothers was a bit "Trumpy".

My actual thoughts are that she's shown no signs of regret or remorse; she doesn't seem to have said anything critical of IS or positive about the UK, other than the fact that our free healthcare is pretty good. I'd be chucking her in chokey for a few years.

Where she can infect others with poison? Nah, she can rot over there. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just wants British health care. 

Doesn't seem to have changed her views on IS.

Nail on the head. 

Leave her where she is. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

No she has made her bed and she can lie in it. Sounds like lying in a bed has taken place for her already with the bun in the oven. 

It's tough, part of me wants to throw an arm round someone who ****ed up their life at age 15, who's seen decapitated heads and lost 2 kids by 19 and now seems to be in teenage bluster mode - "no of course I don't regret the decision that made my life so very shitty"

But, the other side is completely understandable too, you can't declare war on the society you grew up in and expect it to welcome you back with open arms.

Should she be treated as a victim, a minor who was groomed into radicalism, or as an enemy?

26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

One of the key messages in that parable is repentance, remorse and humility. This girl has shown no signs of being truly sorry for what she has done. 

I think ISIS' big mistake was to be so violent and then wanting to take more and more territory relying on military victory. They just had too many enemies. 

Maybe it's part of a long term plan. They are certainly still very dangerous. 

The problem here is no one from ISIS is offering any protection or care to people like this. So they are effectively stateless. Another point is it isn't unique to be an unwanted refugee. Happens all over. 

On the wider question posed reintegration back has happened. Other countries have welcomed people back with various degrees of monitoring and reintegration activities. 

So the question isn't going away. Eventually Syria will decide what happens. 

I heard her being interviewed on BBC this morning.

Definite No from me.

She did not see any beheadings, but did see discarded heads, "it didn't faze me".

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I heard her being interviewed on BBC this morning.

Definite No from me.

She did not see any beheadings, but did see discarded heads, "it didn't faze me".

I hope her next jobby is a hedgehog.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

She can **** off.. The unborn child can do the same..

I'd take it a step further but that will do for now..

No citizen who went to be part of IS should be allowed to come back.. Their passports should be cancelled and they should be left without a means of leaving Syria or wherever it is they are.. They made their choice.. They should have to live with it..

27 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

She’ll come back and get a reality tv show to rival Hopkins and all the other loonies.

More likely to be helping ISIS supporters and maybe being a danger herself. 

If a 15 year old who got over there, realised they’d made a huge mistake, I’d welcome them back. 

But for someone to show no regret, in fact the opposite four years later, they can **** right off. Nobody will be able to determine her intentions if she was to return. 

Im in London until Sunday so if they could please hold off until then I’d appreciate it. 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wants our rich pickings without contributing the slightest thing.

:interehjrling:

She's obviously no stranger to the boaby, i8, and will probably be a bit desperate.

You could be in with a shout.

On second thoughts, she seems to prefer her men to be ideologically intolerant, misogynistic, racist, bigots. So probably not.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

She's obviously no stranger to the boaby, i8, and will probably be a bit desperate.

You could be in with a shout.

On second thoughts, she seems to prefer her men to be ideologically intolerant, misogynistic, racist, bigots. So probably not.

How desperate will she be though? You really think I would be in with a shout?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's tough, part of me wants to throw an arm round someone who ****ed up their life at age 15, who's seen decapitated heads and lost 2 kids by 19 and now seems to be in teenage bluster mode - "no of course I don't regret the decision that made my life so very shitty"

But, the other side is completely understandable too, you can't declare war on the society you grew up in and expect it to welcome you back with open arms.

Should she be treated as a victim, a minor who was groomed into radicalism, or as an enemy?

I'm all for rehabilitation but there has to be some kind of remorse, acknowledgement or realisation that they've made a mistake. She doesn't appear to show that and just wants somewhere for her baby to be safe. It's tragic that a whole bunch of lives have been ruined because of the stupidity of a teenage child but there has to be some kind of deterrent to stop this from happening more. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Why does she want to come back for the sake of her child? I assume she doesn’t like the way of life down there? She is against that lifestyle, so why should she now want to return to it? Surely she’d be better living in a country who’s political ideologies are more in line with her own?

Exactly, hates everything we stand for, but happy to leech off us.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Let the “Sleeper” come home what could possibly go wrong.

Surely nothing could go wrong.

Should never be allowed to set foot on our soil again 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

How desperate will she be though? You really think I would be in with a shout?

:lol:

If she's looking for a meal ticket for her litter I reckon she'll stoop pretty low, mate.

Worth a bash.

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a toughie.

I don't know you but I don't think you were ever "stupid" enough to fly to another country and join an internationally-known terrorist group :lol: .

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

I don't know you but I don't think you were ever "stupid" enough to fly to another country and join an internationally-known terrorist group :lol: .

When I was a nipper you didn't have to fly to another country. :thumbsup:

I look forward to the 4 page spread in the Guardian about how her views are the fault of British society and that she deserves a 4 bedroom house at tax payers expense for her new family.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

One of the key messages in that parable is repentance, remorse and humility. This girl has shown no signs of being truly sorry for what she has done. 

I always read it that the prodigal came back to his dad, waltzing in and expecting to be looked after. It never sat right with me that the diligent and loyal son never saw any reward.

Anyways - as yet, it's unpublished on the Daily Mail. Shame - it could have become my red arrow record.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Anyways - as yet, it's unpublished on the Daily Mail. Shame - it could have become my red arrow record.

I miss a good Kickback en masse trolling exercise.

Seen a few folks on TV going on about 'she was only 15', yeh true but not all 15 year olds are the same, some are way way smarter than some 20-25 yr olds, and by all accounts she was really quite clever at school, straight A's seemingly, it is also known that she spent quite some time researching ISIS on the internet and it was mentioned today that it was her who organised the travel arrangements for the 3 of them.  So she knew exactly what she was getting herself into long before she ever went anywhere near Syria.

Sure she was only 15 when she went to Syria, but she doesn't come across as some silly wee girl, no not this one.

She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the UK after turning her back on it and going to support ISIS. Who knows what she got up to out there? She did father 3 children to IS fighters so in bed with the enemy.

What message would we be sending to others in her position?

It should be an unequivocal NO and a NO to anyone else who betrayed the country who's laws you are supposed to follow.

Whether male or female,  young or old, you turn your back on your country to fight for ISIS you don't get back in.

Send the message to these ****ers!!

She's more than welcome to return, just don't expect anything other than a healthy jail sentence at the end of it.  After the interrogation etc

That's if she isn't arrested and tried elsewhere first.

Even the government acknowledge this.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/14/uk-isis-britons-officials-risk-syria-schoolgirl-shamima-begum

You can't just strip a person of their nationality/citizenship.  If they had dual nationality, then perhaps there is a case, but if you are British, and British alone, what do you then become?

And where do you draw the line?  What crimes could amount to loss of citizenship?

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen a few folks on TV going on about 'she was only 15', yeh true but not all 15 year olds are the same, some are way way smarter than some 20-25 yr olds, and by all accounts she was really quite clever at school, straight A's seemingly, it is also known that she spent quite some time researching ISIS on the internet and it was mentioned today that it was her who organised the travel arrangements for the 3 of them.  So she knew exactly what she was getting herself into long before she ever went anywhere near Syria.

Sure she was only 15 when she went to Syria, but she doesn't come across as some silly wee girl, no not this one.

Sounds a wee bit Gary Glittery.

luckyBatistuta
52 minutes ago, Cade said:

There are some fecking scary attitudes on show in this thread.

That might be Cade, but not nearly as scary as hers.