Racism by Talbot fans

Selkirkhmfc1874

**** sake.

It is 2019 and folk are still being racist.

No matter who they are / support, if you racially abuse someone you are utter scum.

joondalupjambo

My concern is this.  A guy shouts out a clearly racist remark and several people around him hear it.  One of those who heard it reports it to a Steward and points out the guy who did it.  What happens next?  What process is the steward supposed to follow?

Stewards on a few quid an hour, are they trained to deal with this type of situation?  Half of them look like they would xxxx their pants if somebody asked them to do something and the other half look about 12 years old.

Or are we all supposed to phone he Hearts hot line to report it?  Home fans might do that post game but what about away fans who want to do the right thing at the time they can only approach a steward.  The polis are never seen these days.

Edited by joondalupjambo

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

**** sake.

It is 2019 and folk are still being racist.

No matter who they are / support, if you racially abuse someone you are utter scum.

Not an excuse I know, but in most of Ayrshire it's still 1969.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The whole lot of them boo'd Uche as he went off. Seemed a bit strange

My take on that is they thought he went down too easy a few times - don't agree with them but it seems a common reaction from opposition fans - I didn't at the time connect it in any way to racist attitudes

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

My concern is this.  A guy shouts out a clearly racist remark and several people around him hear it.  One of those who heard it reports it to a Steward and points out the guy who did it.  What happens next?  What process is the steward supposed to follow?

Stewards on a few quid an hour, are they trained to deal with this type of situation?  Half of them look like they would xxxx their pants if somebody asked them to do something and the other half look about 12 years old.

Or are we all supposed to phone he Hearts hot line to report it?  Home fans might do that post game but what about away fans who want to do the right thing at the time they can only approach a steward.  The polis are never seen these days.

There is a police control room. There is police situated within the stadium. If a fan reports it to the nearest steward, I'd expect that steward to have some form of procedure where they can report it to a police officer, who in turn can monitor it. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Apparently uche and Mitchell were racially abused by Talbot fans at Saturdays game.

Who actually cares?If it's illegal then the cops will deal with it,way some go on about it would make one think it's them personally who is getting abused.

joondalupjambo
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

There is a police control room. There is police situated within the stadium. If a fan reports it to the nearest steward, I'd expect that steward to have some form of procedure where they can report it to a police officer, who in turn can monitor it. 

Yeah agree with that but of course the guy does it three or four times, gets reported to the Stewards and they flaff about with that process you outline but the guy does not do it again when monitored.  Old days you just lift the guy with a few 7 foot Bobby's who heard it all because they were there on the spot.  Now as I say polis nowhere to be seen except in a wee room well away from the action mucking about with Video and relying on Whats App and Facebook after the event .  I get it, but it all just seems such a rubbish situation we have gotten ourselves into.

37 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Who actually cares?If it's illegal then the cops will deal with it,way some go on about it would make one think it's them personally who is getting abused.

Bizarre angle.

Its not me so its ok

38 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Does not paint you in a good picture.

2 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Does not paint you in a good picture.

Really why is that?have you tried letting he who would be omnipotent that.

5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bizarre angle.

Its not me so its ok

Get a life,or away and report somebody,you can do it anonymously you know.

5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Really why is that?have you tried letting he who would be omnipotent that.

Get a life,or away and report somebody,you can do it anonymously you know.

Telling me to get a life because I am not ok with racism!?

Seek help

Bridge of Djoum
52 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Dear oh dear. 

51 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Too right mate, it’s ridiculous ??

Just watched the news and the reporter was going on about three people being brutally murdered and I was thinking the whole time: “for goodness sake hen, you’d think it was you personally who’d been murdered!”

51 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Dearie me.

52 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Really in 2019 an attitude of its not you so its ok really doesn’t work you can’t seriously think that?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Too right mate, it’s ridiculous ??

Just watched the news and the reporter was going on about three people being brutally murdered and I was thinking the whole time: “for goodness sake hen, you’d think it was you personally who’d been murdered!”

Virtue signalling snowflake, somebody should tell her to stop grassing.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dear oh dear. 

You think I should take on board every person on this sites imagined concerns?If somebody is offended by a remark made at a match then approach them about it don't come whimpering to me.

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Not an excuse I know, but in most of Ayrshire it's still 1969.

In most of Ayrshire, complaints of 'urban dog worrying' are 6 times higher than the national average.

Selkirkhmfc1874
58 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

The vast majority of decent human beings in society care ! Racism is a cancer within society in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

You think I should take on board every person on this sites imagined concerns?If somebody is offended by a remark made at a match then approach them about it don't come whimpering to me.

You came 'whimpering' in here you absolute nugget.

Stop attention seeking and go to bed.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Why should they approach them?  Isn’t that what the stewards and police are there for?  Better to be a big hard man and start a fight instead, aye?

And nobody is whimpering to you about it.  It’s an open thread for discussion.  

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Imagined?.

Stop making a **** of yourself.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The vast majority of decent human beings in society care ! Racism is a cancer within society in my opinion 

I sit in the Wheatfield section B these kind of remarks are not made in my hearing range,could be of course it's where we decent human beings sit.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Imagined?.

Stop making a **** of yourself.

Stop giving the mock outrage that you are offended by something beyond your control.Youmay be accused of trying to bully me.

I’m in the main stand and on Sunday there were a couple of policemen wondering about the concourse so we do have some inside the ground. I’d imagine there was also some in the away end also. 

It’s a bit much to expect a steward to step in given the animals they’d be facing if they confronted them so it’s really for the police.

racism in any shape or form is completely unacceptable and these animals that spout it should be taken to the courts. Unfortunately they drag their families into the repercussions but they have no brain cells to realise this.

1 hour ago, cardboardcutout said:

HD CCTV should be capable of identifying these total fuds!

It was explained at the AGM that it is difficult to get a clear enough film of exactly what an individual was saying to satisfy courts

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Who actually cares?If it's illegal then the cops will deal with it,way some go on about it would make one think it's them personally who is getting abused

****ing hell.

Do you think racism is okay?

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

I sit in the Wheatfield section B these kind of remarks are not made in my hearing range,could be of course it's where we decent human beings sit.

I sat in section B, row 12, seat 16 for over a decade, before moving to the new stand. There were plenty racist remarks when i sat there.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I sat in section B, row 12, seat 16 for over a decade, before moving to the new stand. There were plenty racist remarks when i sat there.

I would have grassed you up.  :whistling: 

fabienleclerq

Probably not the thread for it but I'll ask anyway.

I watched a video of two jakies arguing over a "pitch" in Dunfermline high street and in the comments lots of folk calling them black or black *******'s.

I've heard this used in Fife and the west but doesn't appear anything to do with race, is this just what we would call a scaff!? 

Absolutely not the case with Talbot obviously, they are a bit scummy so not surprised.

The minute society started giving oxygen to Trump, UKIP, Britain First et-al it made the morons think abusing folk without white skin somehow socially acceptable. Racists used to be embarrassed. What happened?

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Probably not the thread for it but I'll ask anyway.

I watched a video of two jakies arguing over a "pitch" in Dunfermline high street and in the comments lots of folk calling them black or black *******'s.

I've heard this used in Fife and the west but doesn't appear anything to do with race, is this just what we would call a scaff!? 

Absolutely not the case with Talbot obviously, they are a bit scummy so not surprised.

I have heard the term “black” being used colloqually as meaning dirty. As in “mate, yer trainers are black, you take a shortcut through a field”?

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The minute society started giving oxygen to Trump, UKIP, Britain First et-al it made the morons think abusing folk without white skin somehow socially acceptable. Racists used to be embarrassed. What happened?

:spoton:

It’s a societal thing, unfortunately. The ignorant racists have recently had their ignorant bigotry legitimised by irresponsible politicians and social commentators. What was once the lunatic fringe, has become far more mainstream. It’s a shame really, as it was becoming less and less.

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Even if it wasn’t aimed at you personally??

Only if it wasn't aimed at me personally.

It would have been a smack in the puss if it had been, hard as feck me. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Only if it wasn't aimed at me personally.

It would have been a smack in the puss if it had been, hard as feck me. 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:spoton:

It’s a societal thing, unfortunately. The ignorant racists have recently had their ignorant bigotry legitimised by irresponsible politicians and social commentators. What was once the lunatic fringe, has become far more mainstream. It’s a shame really, as it was becoming less and less.

100% true , and worst thing about it is some really do not think they are being racist.

Say What Again
40 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nothing to be proud of ?

I’m glad section B seems to be better place now you’ve moved ?

4 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Nothing to be proud of ?

I’m glad section B seems to be better place now you’ve moved ?

Yes. I could have worded that better. ?