• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• The Bookkeeper

• Jambof3tornado

• Mikey1874

Man U were too interested in keeping possession rather than going forward. Far too many sideways or backwards passes. Everybody thinks they can play like Barcelona these days but don't have the players for that killer pass out of nowhere time and time again. Would love to know what Bobby Charlton and Fergie were thinking sat watching that display.

Blackford Hearts
6 hours ago, Bozi said:

Strangely due to scheduling both Mata and Torres were reigning World Cup , European Championship, Champions League and Uefa Cup holders all at the same time

Equally as strange was that many claimed Torres was a failure during that same period. Suspect most players would strive for that level of failure!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So a team with Juan Mata did win the Champions League? Ok.

A team with Jesper Blomqvist won the European Cup but he ain’t going to be much use now 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A team with Jesper Blomqvist won the European Cup but he ain’t going to be much use now 

Right. But it would still be false to say a team with him in it wouldn’t win the Champions League. Because they did. 

I can never get my head round Scottish football fans arguing over english teams, I just don't get it. Fair play if you are english and live/come from Liverpool/Manchester etc but guys born and bred up here actually caring enough about some foreign team to get  into arguments about them????? Of course you can appreciate good football wherever it is played but I just don't get how anyone can support a team they have no connection to. One of my pals is a Barcelona fan and, despite me loving how they play, or used to play more like, I just don't understand actually supporting them

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Hoovered up 700 quid on that game last night thanks to a card happy referee :jjyay:

What did you have mate? A boy on Twitter needed a Veratti booking for £1000 from £1!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right. But it would still be false to say a team with him in it wouldn’t win the Champions League. Because they did. 

No fair enough, I accept that. But Mata as he is now isn't going to get your there.

Neither is Ashley Young, more to the point.

14 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Class of player is not there for United. Guys like Shaw, Rashford, Young, they are just not the top top players you need... That back 4 is just nowhere near. 

Solskaer has done phenomenal to get them all feeling positive and confident, getting some results from games. 

Now the actual hard part starts for Ole... he’s got to put some quality players into the Man United shirts which are currently filled by average players. A big job on tonight’s evidence. 

I like Ole but really what he's done is lift a group of players that were feeling shit due to the last manager.

He's done well at Molde but that's not enough of a track record to justify giving him millions to spend, especially when he got relegated then sacked after a poor championship start at Cardiff.

He might be decent but a club of Man U's size and situation need exceptional.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I like Ole but really what he's done is lift a group of players that were feeling shit due to the last manager.

He's done well at Molde but that's not enough of a track record to justify giving him millions to spend, especially when he got relegated then sacked after a poor championship start at Cardiff.

He might be decent but a club of Man U's size and situation need exceptional.

Solksjaer will get the job at the end of the season and will be given free reign on who to bring in. 

He’s got something that no other “top” manager has at this point in time. He has the fans full confidence, that’ll buy him as much time as he needs. But, more importantly, he spent years around a man who had United dominating English football. I think Pochettinos comments about top 4 being a higher priority than winning trophies will have put the United board off to an extent. 

That’s not what Manchester United is about. The fans want silverware and many won’t settle to become the new Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What did you have mate? A boy on Twitter needed a Veratti booking for £1000 from £1!

Mbappe to score, Kimpembe, Herrera and Shaw to be carded. Had a tenner on it.

Sore one for that boy :lol:

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Solksjaer will get the job at the end of the season and will be given free reign on who to bring in. 

He’s got something that no other “top” manager has at this point in time. He has the fans full confidence, that’ll buy him as much time as he needs. But, more importantly, he spent years around a man who had United dominating English football. I think Pochettinos comments about top 4 being a higher priority than winning trophies will have put the United board off to an extent. 

That’s not what Manchester United is about. The fans want silverware and many won’t settle to become the new Arsenal. 

He has the fans' backing, but that's because it's gone well. His previous EPL record was poor, his eye for players suited to the English game was too. 

The bit in bold I don't see as being that relevant TBH, there are loads of ex players who haven't proven themselves at managerial level but could say the same.

Taking over for a few months is one thing, the permanent job and everything else that entails is quite another.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He has the fans' backing, but that's because it's gone well. His previous EPL record was poor, his eye for players suited to the English game was too. 

The bit in bold I don't see as being that relevant TBH, there are loads of ex players who haven't proven themselves at managerial level but could say the same.

Taking over for a few months is one thing, the permanent job and everything else that entails is quite another.

He had the fans backing the second he walked through the door. Don’t underestimate the love United fans have for OGS. 

Of course there are loads of ex-players who’ve failed. But he isn’t failing. He’s doing a very good job so far. 

His record at Cardiff is irrelevant. That was a Cardiff team that was always going to struggle to stay up. Look at Ranieri at Fulham for an experienced, title winning manager struggling at the wrong end of the league. If OGS continues to win games and have the team playing the “United way” then he’s a shoe in for the job. If Mourinho had fired out that team last night, he’d have been slaughtered by the fans, the fact that no-one is blaming the current manager speaks volumes. 

29 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Mbappe to score, Kimpembe, Herrera and Shaw to be carded. Had a tenner on it.

Sore one for that boy :lol:

I had Mbappe to score, Young card and Kimpembe card. £10 for £200. 

You doing a similar bet tonight for Spurs v Dortmund? I fancy Sancho and Son to score. Not sure on bookings.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He had the fans backing the second he walked through the door. Don’t underestimate the love United fans have for OGS. 

Of course there are loads of ex-players who’ve failed. But he isn’t failing. He’s doing a very good job so far. 

His record at Cardiff is irrelevant. That was a Cardiff team that was always going to struggle to stay up. Look at Ranieri at Fulham for an experienced, title winning manager struggling at the wrong end of the league. If OGS continues to win games and have the team playing the “United way” then he’s a shoe in for the job. If Mourinho had fired out that team last night, he’d have been slaughtered by the fans, the fact that no-one is blaming the current manager speaks volumes. 

We're maybe talking at slight cross purposes, I agree he's a very likely candidate if things continue to go well this season, it's just that I think his track record shows he'll probably struggle.

We'll see what happens, I'm not particularly bothered either way to be honest, but I do like the guy so good luck to him. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I had Mbappe to score, Young card and Kimpembe card. £10 for £200. 

You doing a similar bet tonight for Spurs v Dortmund? I fancy Sancho and Son to score. Not sure on bookings.

Yeh man, I stuck on Son and Sancho to score with Witsel and Sanchez to be carded. Just used a tenner of my winnings, it's 100/1 so why not.

19 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh man, I stuck on Son and Sancho to score with Witsel and Sanchez to be carded. Just used a tenner of my winnings, it's 100/1 so why not.

Who with? I’m getting 300/1 for that same combination with Bet365. Son has scored in the last three games against Dortmund so looks a good bet.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who with? I’m getting 300/1 for that same combination with Bet365. Son has scored in the last three games against Dortmund so looks a good bet.

Really? Skybet man, one of their requestAbet things, doesn't look a

a bad bet. Reckon Son will score and Witsel likes a card, Sancho scored at the weekend and is in good form so it's not beyond the realms of possiblity.

33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Betfair are 224/1 for it

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye it’s the Bet Builder on Bet365, lets you chose all the options yourself. Was the £700 from SkyBet?

Spurs and Dortmund shorn of a couple of their best players 

VAR in operation

neither side seem great defensively...……….0-0 it is then

20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lovely goal. Took it well, great start to the half. A few more would be ideal

Watching on delay, just seen it - topper of a goal and a great cross in

2 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Have to say Dortmund have been bloody awful tonight

Think a lot of that has been to do with Spurs, or should I say Vertongen and Song, in particular.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Think a lot of that has been to do with Spurs, or should I say Vertongen and Song, in particular.

They have been poor with the ball as well though, really sloppy and far too casual looking. I fancy them to score 3 at home in Germany against most teams, but they wont keep the back door shut.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Have to say Dortmund have been bloody awful tonight

Totally froze attacking wise, as McManaman said three great crosses in

chester copperpot

You can't help but like a team like Spurs and Pochittino.

Don't spend huge amounts, don't buy for the sake of buying and play some lovely stuff.

I actually hope they win something soon, as they totally deserve it. As long as it's not at the expense of Liverpool!

Liverpool without their first 3 choices at centre back

Bayern have one of the worlds best forwards and were unbeaten In the group stages 

Advantage Bayern as I think Liverpool will need at least 2 to win

……. but  Liverpool at home so 2-1

Bayern do seem to be underrated by some

Edited by CJGJ