Champions League round of 16 - week 1

Midloth_Iain

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Must be a decent chance of a keeper howler tonight. 

Happens to the best ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• The Bookkeeper

• Jambof3tornado

• Mikey1874

Big Slim Stylee
On 13/02/2019 at 05:49, XB52 said:

I can never get my head round Scottish football fans arguing over english teams, I just don't get it. Fair play if you are english and live/come from Liverpool/Manchester etc but guys born and bred up here actually caring enough about some foreign team to get  into arguments about them????? Of course you can appreciate good football wherever it is played but I just don't get how anyone can support a team they have no connection to. One of my pals is a Barcelona fan and, despite me loving how they play, or used to play more like, I just don't understand actually supporting them

Have you ever lived anywhere else for a long period of time? If you’re a football fan you do tend to adopt other teams. Always more enjoyable when you go. It’s a tribal game.

Bazzas right boot

Poor play from mane. 

Should just stay central, keep the defender occupied and Robertson is through on goal. 

Poor Intelligence. 

Why can't goalkeepers just be goalkeepers? See this sweeper keeper pish i have never understood it. Playing it along the backline, playing it back to the goalie only for them to get charged down and almost lose it. Goalies have enough to worry about without being expected to being able to play like an outfield player. 

Almost caused goals on both sides in the Liverpool Bayern game. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

32 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Have you ever lived anywhere else for a long period of time? If you’re a football fan you do tend to adopt other teams. Always more enjoyable when you go. It’s a tribal game.

No argument there. I lived in newcastle for a few years and went to loads of their games and like to see them doing well. Wouldn't be arguing on here about them though

Bazzas right boot

Robertson over lapping every time, players unable to spot him or when they do it's a shite pass. 

Can only imagine the state of the ‘get the ball up the ******* pitch hearts’ bloke from a few rows behind me watching this from Bayern. Must be apoplectic. 

Thats a performance of pure experience from Bayern, a team that knew exactly how to smother anything Liverpool had. There was no chance of a ball over the top for the front 3.

4 minutes ago, benny said:

Never watched a Bayern team with so many players I haven't  heard off.

Pretty poor stuff.

Thats more to do with how much you watch German football, a team full of legends and up and coming talent.

Just now, VALDOS said:

Thats more to do with how much you watch German football, a team full of legends and up and coming talent.

Aye fair enough.

Not had an interest for a few seasons.

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, benny said:

In this day and age that is a better result for Liverpool.

I agree. Liverpool score in the away leg and its game on. Thought both teams were piss poor tho tnite.

Seymour M Hersh

Possibly Andy Robertson's poorest game in a red shirt tonight. TAA was also very poor distribution wise. Two CH's did okay but overall a poor performance from Liverpool. Throughout the team final pass was bad and general distribution bad. Also played at a tempo that suited Munich. One plus no away goal meaning they're through with any score draw. And having VVD back will make a big difference. 

32 minutes ago, benny said:

Never watched a Bayern team with so many players I haven't  heard off.

Pretty poor stuff.

Forget it.

Edited by Morgan

10 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Forget about the probable 1000 or so International caps they have between them.

?

In fairness, its probably their weakest squad for a few years imo. Which isn't a dig at this team but it shows the quality they've had in the past

Say What Again

If it continues like the opening 7 minutes in the City game, it’s only a matter of how comfortable the 2nd leg is going to be. 

The Bookkeeper

After an absolute age a penalty has just been awarded against Man City with the use of the VAR.

Whilst it definitely hit his arm, he appeared to be trying to move it and the arm seemed to be in a fairly normal position. Controversial to say the least.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

After an absolute age a penalty has just been awarded against Man City with the use of the VAR.

Whilst it definitely hit his arm, he appeared to be trying to move it and the arm seemed to be in a fairly normal position. Controversial to say the least.

Was the shot going in? Did take an age to decide. Bentaleb did well. 

Sick of refs warning players about asking for VAR,Just fekkin book them.

The Bookkeeper
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Was the shot going in? Did take an age to decide. Bentaleb did well. 

Sick of refs warning players about asking for VAR,Just fekkin book them.

I think the shot was on target but honestly if thats a penalty for handball I don't know what the rule is anymore. And the length of time it took to make the decision was absolutely ridiculous. So much for VAR assisting with controversies!

As I type this Schalke have another penalty! 

Say What Again
2 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

I think the shot was on target but honestly if thats a penalty for handball I don't know what the rule is anymore. 

Same. He looked to be trying to get his arms out the way. 

I thought it had had to be deliberate handball? It didn’t look anywhere near deliberate. 

The Bookkeeper

La Liga absolutely dominating again. 

Good chance that they have Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletic Madrid in the last 8 of the Champions League and Valencia, Real Betis, Villarreal and Sevilla in the last 16 of the Europa League. 

Over the last 5 seasons a Spanish club has won 9 of the 10 trophies available. 

Edited by The Bookkeeper

15 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Good chance that they have Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletic Madrid in the last 8 of the Champions League and Valencia, Real Betis, Villarreal and Sevilla in the last 16 of the Europa League. 

I refuse to believe it, surely the self titled strongest league in europe brought to you and rammed down your throat by sky would be pissing it in the trophy department.....

34 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

:thumbsup:

Best league in Europe.

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:thumbsup:

Best league in Europe.

And Messi dominates it every year, but some say he needs to challenge himself in other (inferior) leagues...

• 2 weeks later...
Phil Dunphy
On 12/02/2019 at 21:21, CJGJ said:

Whats up..not enjoying events..I'm enjoying this

The usual second rate United support throwing bottles as well

You hand it out but just can't take it

Hiya pal x